[Q] Flashing/ROM Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Shannon5150

May 19, 2014
Anaheim
Hi all,
Long time reader of the forums here since I had one of those old and clunky Windows PDA's. I used to mod the PDA's and older Win mobile 5 and 6 phones. I'm on my 2nd Android, the Skyrocket and have had it for abover 2 years now. So far it's the best phone I ever had. I had to start a new account cuz I couldnt remember my username. Yeah I'm getting old...

Anyway, I have had a battery issue since doing the very first OTA update. I have checked everything using multiple guides including the ones here. Either I have a bad battery or a signal issue. When sleeping for 8 hours I lose about 10%. I had the SD card issue and the Play/location services issues but fixed those, I also fixed all wakelocks and it goes into deep sleep. When in the house my signal bar under battery in settings is all grey unless I go outside then it's green. I really dont do all this modding anymore so I never flashed a rom on it. I did just flash my Transformer TF300T (usinf CROMI-X 5.4) tho so I am familiar with the process. So I figured I woulkd flash a new ROM and/or a radio onto the i727. I have been reading all day about flashing the rom and reading about the various roms availabe. most, if not all seem to be AOSP based and in beta. Also they state in the post they require CWM abd not TWRP. I'm looking NOT to do daily or weekly uodates.

I'm looking for:
- stock based ROM that's stable
- no bloat from AT&T or Samsung
- preferably without Touchwiz
- extra modifications are okay (I love extra goodies as long as their useful)
- able to use TWRP 2.7.0.0 as that's what I'm using now (I read TWRP is easier to use and that's what I want)
Android verion 4.1.2 or later

Basically I want to do a Nandroid, do a Ti Backup and backup all my files then flash the rom and restore my crap and that's all. No upodates, nightlies or anything else. Finding a stable stock based ROM was easy on my Asus but can't seem to find much of anything for my phone. I've been looking and reading all day and I have eye issues so now have a migraine. I would appreciate some info from all you flashers out there. If anyone could recommend several rOM's for me, with links, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Shannon

Last edited:

vincom

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 5, 2011
GB
meettomy.site
lol, if you did actually search and read you would know not ask such a question, read about the roms and decide on ur own, for the skyrocket its fairly easy, read then try them out and see if its what u want
start reading the 1stop sticky, link in my sig, everything u need is there

Last edited:

Shannon5150

May 19, 2014
Anaheim
lol, if you did actually search and read you would know not ask such a question, read about the roms and decide on ur own, for the skyrocket its fairly easy, read then try them out and see if its what u want

Sounds like your presuming I read nothing. when I did the Transformer it was easy. I found a site with a list of stock roms and a list of AOSP roms. That made it easy to read the ones i wanted to look at. On this site, or any other, I dont see any such organization of the roms. All I would like to know is which are stock ROM based. leaving a reply with a small list would have been appreciated. Then I culd read up on them. I had a bad bought with diabetes and my vision kind of sucks sometimes and I get headaches easily. Reading everything there is to read about all the roms will take me much lonhger than someone else. I know you get the similar questions all the time and you cant answer them over aand over again. I wasn't asking for a 10 page tutorial, just a few names of stock roms for me to read up on.

Thanks anyway,
Shannon

Shannon5150

May 19, 2014
Anaheim
I went back and reread the 1stop sticky and say there are 6 stock roms for my phone listed there in a sea of other roms, That small list of roms I didn't notice the first time around. Are there any others besides those?

vincom

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 5, 2011
GB
meettomy.site
i was referring to this, did u read this in the sticky and also in the forum rules:
"Do Not Ask For A Which Is The "BEST" Rom Or Any Adjective Thereof For A Rom As The Mod Will Close It, Read About Them In The Dev Forum And Decide On Your Own."
why, because it usually/always starts a pissing war

Last edited:

oka1

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 4, 2010
Honolulu, Hawaii
From the moderator

The Best Rom is the one you like. Preference for Roms & features is subjective and there is no good answer

Before this becomes a Troll session, I will close

Thanks ~~~ oka1

..............THREAD CLOSED..............

Reactions: 1BadWolf
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    From the moderator

The Best Rom is the one you like. Preference for Roms & features is subjective and there is no good answer

Before this becomes a Troll session, I will close

Thanks ~~~ oka1

..............THREAD CLOSED..............