[Q] M7 stuck in boot loop after running RUU.exe

Search This thread

redraider25

Nov 14, 2010
Hello everybody, hope everyone is having a better day than I am. I will try to keep this short but I am more than happy to provide more details as they are needed.

I picked up a replacement HTC One (ATT) after a warranty claim for a bad speaker and I immediately rooted it. After rooting the phone and before flashing a custom rom it started rebooting itself every couple of minutes. I went ahead and flashed a custom rom (many to be honest) and the phone booted up just fine, however, the phone would not recognize the sim card. I tried the sim card in a different phone and it worked fine. Then, with the sim card replaced, all of a sudden the phone worked for about 30 minutes. After that it started rebooting itself at will every couple of minutes. I decided that i must have flashed a bad file or something so i decided to go back to stock with RUU.exe. I locked the bootloader and ran the .exe from my laptop (windows 7) Now my phone i "relocked" and the RUU flashed a recovery that I can not get into. My boot screen now reads this

***relocked***
M7_UL PVT SHIP S-ON RH
HBOOT-1.55.0000
RADIO-4A.19.3263.13
OpenDSP-v31.120.274.0617
OS-3.17.502.3
eMMC-boot 2048MB
(date and time)

this is the RUU.exe I loaded
RUU M7 UL JB43 SENSE50 MR Cingular US 3.17.502.3 Radio 4A.19.3263.13 10.38j.1157.04 Release 334235 Signed 2 - HTC1Guru

Now when I start my phone it loads to the ATT screen with the globe, sometimes plays the chim, and then goes to a white screen with the green HTC. after about a minute it reboots and loads to the exact same spot. It will do this until I enter the bootloader and power it down

I don't know what to do anymore as I have read about a thousand threads and I am getting confused on what the next step should be. I would greatly appreciate a point in the right direction.

Although the POS phone I am using with a modified sim card holder is pretty awesome

Thanks in advance

redraider25

Nov 14, 2010
there is more back story that I did not go into and i don't know if I can get it replaced again.

Now when I turn on the phone it loads to the initial start up screen where it ask to set up my account and set up wifi. but agian after a minute or so it just reboots and loads to about the same spot and then restarts.

I still think this is fixable

gustav30

Jul 20, 2010
LG G8X ThinQ
What software version are you on now? I'm not near a computer but my first thought is that because you are s-on, you can not run an RUU that is older than your current version. So if you are on KitKat now, you can't run a Jelly bean 4.3 ruu.
You would need to be s-off in order to do that.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

redraider25

Nov 14, 2010
to tell you the truth I don't know anymore because i have tried to load so many different things, how can I tell for sure?

redraider25

Nov 14, 2010
another question...Now that I have a relocked bootloader can I try to rerun the RUU.exe file? I will check my getvar this evening to find the correct RUU but just don't know if this will work with a locked bootloader and no recovery.

SaHiLzZ

Jan 19, 2011
another question...Now that I have a relocked bootloader can I try to rerun the RUU.exe file? I will check my getvar this evening to find the correct RUU but just don't know if this will work with a locked bootloader and no recovery.

Sure will work as long as RUU is same level as your phone

iElvis

May 24, 2012
Modville
OnePlus 9 Pro
I would try re-running the RUU. Sometimes they don't do everything correctly. But done right, it should wipe your phone of any custom software and take you back to clean stock.

redraider25

Nov 14, 2010
Finally made it back home I wanted to post my getvar all so please tell me if you see something bad

c:\miniadb_m7>adb devices
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.55.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.19.3263.13
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 3.17.502.3
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno:
(bootloader) imei:
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0712000
(bootloader) cidnum: CWS__001
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4062mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-2da61e5e88
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0

Please advise me if I should still rerun the RUU.exe file above or do I need to do something different first

Last edited:

SaHiLzZ

Jan 19, 2011
Finally made it back home I wanted to post my getvar all so please tell me if you see something bad

c:\miniadb_m7>adb devices
(bootloader) serialno:
(bootloader) imei:
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-2da61e5e88

Please advise me if I should still rerun the RUU.exe file above or do I need to do something different first

What about factory reset from bootloader?

redraider25

Nov 14, 2010
42 22435958

Well I tried to RUU.exe again and now the phone will load to the setup. I went through that, but it is not recognizing my sim card. I can sign on to wifi which works and I can navigate the homescreens. after about 2 minutes the phone reboots itself and the whole cycle happens again. i tried to do a software update but with out the sim card being recognized it says Network not available. the signal bar has an "X" and it does not recognize when I try to remove the sim card to reposition it.

should I try a different RUU.exe file? Thanks for all the help, I think we are getting close. One thing I think is strange is when I ran getvar all, it has a strange line I noted it below. Anybody know what this means?

c:\miniadb_m7>fastboot getvar all
(bootloader) serialno:
(bootloader) imei:
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-2da61e5e88 THIS LINE HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks in advance

SaHiLzZ

Jan 19, 2011
While the phone is up, can you go to settings > about devices > hardware info> baseband.. is it empty?