Any developers willing to build a X10 Mini/Mini Pro Android 2.1 custom ROM?

Search This thread

dabulcke

Jan 20, 2009
Zelzate
Hi Guys

Now that we have root access to our X10 mini/mini pro, I hope we can interessest some developers to make us a custom ROM.

So I hope, with this Thread we can draw the attention of some DEV's

:-D Let's hope and pray :p

Bin4ry

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 14, 2008
Berlin
Same progress must be done like on X10. So please be patient. First i (or somebody else who is faster) must fix X10flash, so that we are able to flash everytime to a desired version of rom.
then SPL must be hacked. We can try to port softspl from goroh. but first other progress must be made.

Regards
Bin4ry

Reactions: tudiberx10pro

dabulcke

Jan 20, 2009
Zelzate
Why to work on 2.1 when 2.2 is available. Look forward to 2.2 Rom :)

Good point there :p had to think of that myself off course.

Same progress must be done like on X10. So please be patient. First i (or somebody else who is faster) must fix X10flash, so that we are able to flash everytime to a desired version of rom.
then SPL must be hacked. We can try to port softspl from goroh. but first other progress must be made.

Regards
Bin4ry

Hi Binary, thanks for the information. As I'm a noob in this, I'm trying to follow the complete progress. So I don't know how the progress will be and what steps need to be taken before you developers can make ROM's. But now I have an idea and i will be happy to follow the progress.

Regards
dabulcke

..::Viny::..

Jul 27, 2010
Bin4ry, could you through some light why its hard to flash roms?
I think the hardware for rom is same between x10 and x10 mini. If you could share some knowledge on what blocks the custom flashing could help many of us to have broader understanding.

Is the device drivers or is it the software protections that keeps away from overwriting the ROMS?

Some insights required.

As far as C/C++ goes, even i can chimp in some hands, provided i know what to do, how to do and where to start from. :p

biktor_gj

Jan 25, 2008
Bin4ry, could you through some light why its hard to flash roms?
I think the hardware for rom is same between x10 and x10 mini. If you could share some knowledge on what blocks the custom flashing could help many of us to have broader understanding.

Is the device drivers or is it the software protections that keeps away from overwriting the ROMS?

Some insights required.

As far as C/C++ goes, even i can chimp in some hands, provided i know what to do, how to do and where to start from. :p

Hardware is completely different, cpus arent the same, lcd, storage... whats more or less shared is the s1 bootloader which is for the entire s1 platform from sony ericsson. Though bootloaders rent the same because theyre compiled for each cpu.. thats whats preventing us from flashing on both phones. I hope when a real fix is found for one of them we will have it easier to port to the rest of the platform. Until that well have to stick to jumping from initial se kernel to boot custom roms. For that, a kexec module for these kernels must be built (gorohkun's spl for x10 wont work without a lot of modifications....)

Contrarian

Jul 26, 2010
The RAM/NAND chip on the x10 mini is a Samsung K524G2GACB-A050 chip, with a theoretical 4gb NAND memory and 2gb SDRAM ( supposedly this translates to 512mb ROM and 256mb RAM

The above findings are based on elementary research. If somebody with better technological insight wants to to correct this, please feel free to do so.

http://www.phonewreck.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/X10PCB1.jpg

Interestingly, the MSM7227 Qualcamm processor has an FPU so in theory it's more than capable of running FROYO with flash 10.1 support, but whether SE and Adobe decide to give us this privelege is another thing altogether. I guess it remains up to the community to build their own ROM if they don't.

(and yes I know it'll never happen because flash 10.1 is built around the ARMV7 architecture, but at least SE could give us flash lite 4)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Regards
    Bin4ry