[Rom] Liberty3 V2.0 For The Droid 2 11/28 - Sunday Bloody Sunday!

Search This thread

syaoran12

Jun 25, 2010
Liberty 3
Sunday Bloody Sunday!!!
screenshot1320290767520.png
Notes:
* Please Wipe Data regardless of what ROM you come from
Team Liberty
Primary Dev’s and project leads - Kejar31 and Jurmmy16
Primary Dev - Syaoran12
Artist - Koveleski

FABOLOUS for all his help on the DX port!
Thanks to Teamdouche for publicly posting the CM source, which I compiled some of my apps from
Thanks to Superteam and Dustin Jorge as Liberty-Laucher was forked from and based on their work
DroidTh3ry for his camera app
droidjunk for his powerwidgets mod
sbrissen for his smali help, if not for him I (syaoran12) wouldn’t have been able to learn smali
TopazAaron for our new server!
Everyone else who helped make this ROM possible - you know who you are

Features:
- Most all apps were built from source.... rather that decompiled and hacked apps via APKmanager!!!!! To do this I took the CM7 source tree and reworked the framework to allow apps to properly find resources after they were compiled.
- The only apps left from Blur are the Dialer, Contacts and Camera
- AppWidgetPicker - built by boombuler
- Ads blocked via hosts file -thanks to delta_foxtrot2
- 1% battery increments built in (Icons made by thanks to Nitro)
- Themed Dialer, Contacts, Task Manager by me to integrate into the stock GB look and feel
- Reboot options (Reboot,Recovery and Screenshot)
- DSPManager included
- Custom Launcher2 with extra hotseats and speed tweaks (lightest fastest launcher you will ever use)
- Liberty Customizer (choose to add back blur apps)
- Start-up Tweaks (tool to allow you to manager your start-up tweaks)
- Root Browser (full edtion that normally comes with the pro version of the ROM toolbox - no need for Root explorer any-longer)
- Root Toolbox
- 8 Lockscreens (Moto, Rotary, AOSP, 4Tab, Honeycomb, Rotary Revamp, Lense and Rings) with widgets
- Statusbar Tweaks
- Updated gtalk (should fix the 3g/4g issue)
- Updated Camera - credit DroidTho3ry
- Scrolling powerwidgets - credit DroidJunk

Change Log From 1.0 (is also in the ROM)
- Update for new status bar settings
- New lockscreens added
- build.prop tweaks
- Updated Talk, Google Music, Market, etc
- zipaligned apks and jars missing alignment
- Minor theme fixes
- Liberty Settings updated
- Updated Rom Toolbox and Root Browser
- sysrw and sysro scripts added
- Theme Manager added (for donate users, more info on second post)

Liberty Parts
All of these will be found within Liberty Settings > Customization
Lockscreen Settings will give you the option to change your lockscreen within the style menu, and widgets within the widgets menu.
Status Bar will give you control over status bar tweaks.
The battery icon does disappear it just takes time, you can cycle the signal tweaks to get it to go faster.
Battery text will turn green while charging and red when you are at 20% or below.
Hide Alarm goes into effect if the alarm is already set, or will require a reboot..

Known Issues:

Disclaimer:
I nor anyone in Team Liberty take any responsibility for what this ROM or its tools may do to your phone.

Download:
Liberty3 for the D2 2.0
MD5SUM: 2220c1f1606e12083b6b05e1dd479b4a

Option #2 - download rom toolbox -> go to rom manager -> liberty

Updates:

Install - CWM only
make sure you have root and Clockwork recovery installed
-boot into recovery via Recovery
-select "wipe data/factory reset"
-select "Yes -- delete all data"
-go back
-select "install zip from sdcard"
-select "choose zip from sdcard"
-find and select LibertyXX.zip
-reboot

Installing Themes
-find and select LibertyXthemeX.zip
-reboot

Donate:
Donate to Kejar31
Donate to Jrummy16
Donate to Syaoran12

Screenshots
screen9e.png
screen3xj.png

screen1ghy.png
screenshot1320290836301.png

screen4c.png
screen5n.png

screen6jj.png
screenshot1320290907389.png

screen7s.png
screen8s.png

syaoran12

Jun 25, 2010
Theme Manager is included in the Donate version of Liberty Customizer.
You can find it here on the android market.

The Theme Manager will only be found in the Donate version of the app because we wanted the people who donated to our cause to feel they got something extra for their donation.

Screenshots

pic1p.png
pic1wu.png

pic1dn.png
pic1ud.png

pic1bs.png
pic1fq.png

Skidoo03

Apr 28, 2011
So I followed the intructions to a t and have been sitting at the M logo, any idea why? I really wanna try this guys.
Sat for about 15 minutes then did a battery pull. :(
Edit: Second try, I've already sbf'd back to froyo then I did the ota and everything then bootstrapped recovery then flashed the newest cwm then rebooted into recovery and I'm sitting at the M logo still. Please help guys.
Edit: I now started checking the md5 sums and none of them have matched, I've tried downloading multiple times and am just gonna keep trying. Any help would be appreciated, thanks guys!

Last edited:

darkonion

Aug 27, 2010
Fremont, CA
Just curious, do you need to do a factory reset in Clockwork to install 2.0, if you are upgrading from 1.0?

Thanks.

-Kevin

lolreconlol

Oct 23, 2010
New Jersey
So I followed the intructions to a t and have been sitting at the M logo, any idea why? I really wanna try this guys.
Edit: Second try, I've already sbf'd back to froyo then I did the ota and everything then bootstrapped recovery then flashed the newest cwm then rebooted into recovery and I'm sitting at the M logo still. Please help guys.
Edit: I now started checking the md5 sums and none of them have matched, I've tried downloading multiple times and am just gonna keep trying. Any help would be appreciated, thanks guys!

Same.. Never had this much trouble before.

hootowlserenade

Aug 17, 2011
Michigan

I had issues downloading as well... if you use rom toolbox pro you can download directly to your phone (on wifi, its too big to 3g it unless you don't mind waiting overnite) rom toolbox checks the file when the download is complete so no issues with wrong md5 checksum... that's how I downloaded it to my wife's d2... just throwing that out there...

Sent from my SGT running CM7

subsoniic

Aug 27, 2010
ive been a big fan of liberty, decided to flash this on my back up fone (currently using the tbolt) but anyhow its stuck at the M logo...guess ill sbf back, re-root, then do a restore through cwm

cuadradoa1

Jan 18, 2008
What I did is sbf back to stock froyo, ota to GB, root, bootstrap, flash. Hope this helps.

Sent from my DROID2 using XDA App

subsoniic

Aug 27, 2010
What I did is sbf back to stock froyo, ota to GB, root, bootstrap, flash. Hope this helps.

Sent from my DROID2 using XDA App

my droid 2 is a spare phone with no service, is there any way i can get the ota somehow ? tried searching but no luck.. my main phone is my tbolt but i wanna play with this rom and sell my d2 with this rom if anything

weedahoe

Yeah I was kinda thinking that once I found a part in the ROM where you could actually change that text.

However, a bigger issue is that is broke my 3G connections. I can surf via WiFi but not 3G. Ive hard reset several times and reflashed the ROM. I even called VZW and had them generate a new A key and manually added it in the device and STILL didnt work.

At this point Ive flashed the SBF and waiting for it to boot as I type this.

Any ideas?

schmeerdawg

Feb 21, 2008
Hyannis
Yeah I was kinda thinking that once I found a part in the ROM where you could actually change that text.

However, a bigger issue is that is broke my 3G connections. I can surf via WiFi but not 3G. Ive hard reset several times and reflashed the ROM. I even called VZW and had them generate a new A key and manually added it in the device and STILL didnt work.

At this point Ive flashed the SBF and waiting for it to boot as I type this.

Any ideas?

Same here... Otherwise sweet rom!!

alik713

Jul 21, 2010
Boston
Problem.
Clean install on D2 global (friend's phone), and, the phone is stuck in airplane mode. Suggestions, please?

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Liberty 3
    Sunday Bloody Sunday!!!
    screenshot1320290767520.png
    Notes:
    * Please Wipe Data regardless of what ROM you come from
    Team Liberty
    Primary Dev’s and project leads - Kejar31 and Jurmmy16
    Primary Dev - Syaoran12
    Artist - Koveleski

FABOLOUS for all his help on the DX port!
    Thanks to Teamdouche for publicly posting the CM source, which I compiled some of my apps from
    Thanks to Superteam and Dustin Jorge as Liberty-Laucher was forked from and based on their work
    DroidTh3ry for his camera app
    droidjunk for his powerwidgets mod
    sbrissen for his smali help, if not for him I (syaoran12) wouldn’t have been able to learn smali
    TopazAaron for our new server!
    Everyone else who helped make this ROM possible - you know who you are

Features:
    - Most all apps were built from source.... rather that decompiled and hacked apps via APKmanager!!!!! To do this I took the CM7 source tree and reworked the framework to allow apps to properly find resources after they were compiled.
    - The only apps left from Blur are the Dialer, Contacts and Camera
    - AppWidgetPicker - built by boombuler
    - Ads blocked via hosts file -thanks to delta_foxtrot2
    - 1% battery increments built in (Icons made by thanks to Nitro)
    - Themed Dialer, Contacts, Task Manager by me to integrate into the stock GB look and feel
    - Reboot options (Reboot,Recovery and Screenshot)
    - DSPManager included
    - Custom Launcher2 with extra hotseats and speed tweaks (lightest fastest launcher you will ever use)
    - Liberty Customizer (choose to add back blur apps)
    - Start-up Tweaks (tool to allow you to manager your start-up tweaks)
    - Root Browser (full edtion that normally comes with the pro version of the ROM toolbox - no need for Root explorer any-longer)
    - Root Toolbox
    - 8 Lockscreens (Moto, Rotary, AOSP, 4Tab, Honeycomb, Rotary Revamp, Lense and Rings) with widgets
    - Statusbar Tweaks
    - Updated gtalk (should fix the 3g/4g issue)
    - Updated Camera - credit DroidTho3ry
    - Scrolling powerwidgets - credit DroidJunk

Change Log From 1.0 (is also in the ROM)
    - Update for new status bar settings
    - New lockscreens added
    - build.prop tweaks
    - Updated Talk, Google Music, Market, etc
    - zipaligned apks and jars missing alignment
    - Minor theme fixes
    - Liberty Settings updated
    - Updated Rom Toolbox and Root Browser
    - sysrw and sysro scripts added
    - Theme Manager added (for donate users, more info on second post)

Liberty Parts
    All of these will be found within Liberty Settings > Customization
    Lockscreen Settings will give you the option to change your lockscreen within the style menu, and widgets within the widgets menu.
    Status Bar will give you control over status bar tweaks.
    The battery icon does disappear it just takes time, you can cycle the signal tweaks to get it to go faster.
    Battery text will turn green while charging and red when you are at 20% or below.
    Hide Alarm goes into effect if the alarm is already set, or will require a reboot..

Known Issues:

Disclaimer:
    I nor anyone in Team Liberty take any responsibility for what this ROM or its tools may do to your phone.

Download:
    Liberty3 for the D2 2.0
    MD5SUM: 2220c1f1606e12083b6b05e1dd479b4a

Option #2 - download rom toolbox -> go to rom manager -> liberty

Updates:

Install - CWM only
    make sure you have root and Clockwork recovery installed
    -select "wipe data/factory reset"
    -select "Yes -- delete all data"
    -go back
    -find and select LibertyXX.zip
    -reboot

Installing Themes
    -find and select LibertyXthemeX.zip
    -reboot

Donate:
    Donate to Kejar31
    Donate to Jrummy16
    Donate to Syaoran12

Screenshots
    screen9e.png
    screen3xj.png

screen1ghy.png
    screenshot1320290836301.png

screen4c.png
    screen5n.png

screen6jj.png
    screenshot1320290907389.png

screen7s.png
    screen8s.png
    That is a tad confusing to me all those downloads ate for droid x for starters.and I'm just not sure what all needs downloaded and what versions.. I was wishing for there to be a way to flash something straight from the that recovery screen that would boot..lol
    Rom you linked was for Droid X, so gave wrong directions, once I got a good look at bootloader pic added new links
    Ok flash is completed and after phone reboot bootlosder now says mem_map blank service regd battery ok ok to program .?? Now what? I haven't touched it yet
    post here http://xdaforums.com/droid-2/general/how-to-rsd-lite-to-flash-sbf-firmware-t2865908
    I'm not having any good luck yet..I gotta try this ezsbf method because I have all the stuff on cds downloaded already don't know where to start
    I'm not going to continue posting in this thread, start a new one in general or in the one I started.