Un-Brick HARD Bricked ZTE Blade

Search This thread

samgalaxys2

Mar 31, 2012
durham
I've Hard Bricked a ZTE Blade (Orange San Francisco) after flashing corrupt TPT files.
It will not go into download mode,recovery mode or switch on.
There is no signs of life at all, no LED lights or anything.
they battery is 100% charged.
Windows does not recognise it (Drivers are installed).
All I need help with is forcing it into download mode and I can do the rest from there.

Will a USB jig (300k ohms) work?

Download mode buttons I'm using,
Volume +, Volume - and Power.

Also tried,
Home, Volume - and Power.

Model ZTE P729B
Android Version 2.2.x
Kernel Unknown
Modem Unknown

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA

samgalaxys2

Mar 31, 2012
durham
Do you know a link for the correct TPT. gen1-to-gen2.zip I've downloaded from sanfrancisco site 5 times and its corrupt every time.
Can you put the TPT on ext. SD.

Sent from my GT-I9100 usingü XDA

karthiknr

Jan 1, 2012
I think I've told you before. Download files only from Modaco or Xda. Why do you go to other sites? I've posted the GEN1 TO GEN2 V10 TPT in your other post regarding the same topic.

Sent from my ZTE Blade using XDA app

Reactions: samgalaxys2

samgalaxys2

Mar 31, 2012
durham
When I've downloaded and and extracted the files do I need to put them in a certain directory of my external SD card.

samgalaxys2

Mar 31, 2012
durham
Downloaded the tpt files from the link provided and the md5 sums do not match in the first file I checked amsshd.mbn. checked by opening as txt file with astro file manager.

karthiknr

Jan 1, 2012
Maybe your browser has issues. Place the "image" folder on the sdcard root directory.

Reactions: samgalaxys2

saaransh9

Jul 22, 2011
download tpt helper on your s2 manually select european blade gen1 then download gen1 to gen2 tpt from it check it using the same app.

i m not sure if it will work but if the app starts downloading then it will work on your blade.

dont forget to check the downloaded file

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

unzipped tpt create a "image" folder in the root of your sd and place all these files there

upzipped tpt link
http://www.mediafire.com/?9j42729oca97x

samgalaxys2

Mar 31, 2012
durham
Downloaded tpt helper select european blade gen 1.
I get multiple download options
Gen1-to-gen2 v10a
Gen1-to-gen2 v10b
Gen1-to-gen2 v10c
Gen1-to-gen2 v10 stock
Gen1-to-gen2 v2 stock

The mediashare unzipped files.
When you go to download them mediashare puts them in a zip file.

------------------------------------

Downloaded gen1-to-gen2 v10 stock.
Checked md5 sums - match
Checked image folder -17/17 match
Put the image folder on root of external sd card.
Put the sd card in ZTE Blade.
Tried buttons for download mode,
Recovery mode and normal power on.
No response from the phone.
Still blank screen no LEDs or anything.

Last edited:

karthiknr

Jan 1, 2012
Yours would be the first hard brick I've ever seen on a blade. Maybe you should try asking where you purchased it.

samgalaxys2

Mar 31, 2012
durham
Its not mine.
I didn't purchase it.
It's my cousins.
Think he bought it used.
Off Ebay or something like that.
Do you think a mobile repair shop could fix it.
Or is there anything else i can try.
Thanks for all your help.

karthiknr

Jan 1, 2012
Mobile repair shops can in turn spoil it even more IF your device isn't bricked already. My advise would be to keep trying different methods or to open a thread at modaco. Blade users are more active there. Maybe someone can help there.

wbaw

You'll need Jtag equipment, another working blade & you'll need to know how to use Jtag. Some mobile phone shops may be able to fix it, especially if they sell second hand orange san franciscos. If you can't even get the charging LED to light or download mode, then nothing else will fix it. Probably going to cost you about £20 to get somebody to fix it for you (I can't - don't have the equipment), or more for the jtag equipment (which can also be used to fix similar problems with other devices).

I broke my phone with a bad TPT when I was experimenting to try to create the gen1-to-gen2 TPT, flashed the wrong combination of files. It's always a (small) risk when you're flashing low level firmware like that, TPT is the safest method, but things can still go wrong & break your phone beyond easy repair.

Need to read the guides fully & make sure that you take all precautions (like checking the md5) before any TPT, to minimise the chance of it happening.

There was a German guy on Modaco who'd fix phones using Jtag if you posted it to him & paid (I think €20), I can't remember his username & don't know if he's still there, since I'm banned from Modaco.

Last edited:

wbaw

Think it would be easier getting a new zte blade theyre not that expensive now

They're still selling for over £50 on ebay. Go to your nearest independent/second hand phone shop & see if they can do anything, it should be cheaper than buying another. They'll need to have a spare san francisco, jtag equipment & the knowledge to use it.

Either that or sell the old one for spares/repair.

cptdavepilm

Dec 5, 2013
I have un-bricked my blade

heres how I did it.

next to the camera on the back of the phone there is a little hole. in that little hole is a button (you will need a pin to press it).

well I pressed that button and it allowed me to put my phone into DFU mode, it allows you to do step five of this: This

Anyway hope this helps you

P.S I had the same problems as the OP

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    u tried menu,vol+ and power with correct tpt in sd card??
    download tpt helper on your s2 manually select european blade gen1 then download gen1 to gen2 tpt from it check it using the same app.

i m not sure if it will work but if the app starts downloading then it will work on your blade.

dont forget to check the downloaded file

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

unzipped tpt create a "image" folder in the root of your sd and place all these files there

upzipped tpt link
    http://www.mediafire.com/?9j42729oca97x
    You'll need Jtag equipment, another working blade & you'll need to know how to use Jtag. Some mobile phone shops may be able to fix it, especially if they sell second hand orange san franciscos. If you can't even get the charging LED to light or download mode, then nothing else will fix it. Probably going to cost you about £20 to get somebody to fix it for you (I can't - don't have the equipment), or more for the jtag equipment (which can also be used to fix similar problems with other devices).

I broke my phone with a bad TPT when I was experimenting to try to create the gen1-to-gen2 TPT, flashed the wrong combination of files. It's always a (small) risk when you're flashing low level firmware like that, TPT is the safest method, but things can still go wrong & break your phone beyond easy repair.

Need to read the guides fully & make sure that you take all precautions (like checking the md5) before any TPT, to minimise the chance of it happening.

There was a German guy on Modaco who'd fix phones using Jtag if you posted it to him & paid (I think €20), I can't remember his username & don't know if he's still there, since I'm banned from Modaco.
    I think I've told you before. Download files only from Modaco or Xda. Why do you go to other sites? I've posted the GEN1 TO GEN2 V10 TPT in your other post regarding the same topic.

http://db.tt/HzYxhtzW

Gen1 to Gen2 v10 TPT.