AOKP Enable MTP (usb computer connection)

Search This thread

carth24

Mar 2, 2012
For those who are using [ROM][ICS][AOKP]Galaxian-Soup[GT-7310/7300][r1] who thinks usb computer connection don't work, well it does..here's how
1. go to settings
2. storage
3. menu or option (three little square on the upper right corner)
4. usb computer connection then tick "media device(MTP)"
- sorry for not posting on the dev under ics aokp due to insufficient number of post:eek:

Last edited:

Octhellion

Aug 13, 2011
Thank you so much carth24, I enabled the option and will try if it works tonight but I'm sure it will.

nspreck

Nov 30, 2011
Thank you!

Jesus, I feel stupid.
Thank you so much for your post. I spend the last hour searching for new drivers and a solution.
Did a full wipe earlier and couldn't restore the adb backup.
It applys to any device running AOKP I guess. At least it did to my Galaxy Nexus. Thanks again!

borjaox

Oct 29, 2010
Luxembourg
tumblr.oxangoiti.es
For those who are using [ROM][ICS][AOKP]Galaxian-Soup[GT-7310/7300][r1] who thinks usb computer connection don't work, well it does..here's how
1. go to settings
2. storage
- sorry for not posting on the dev under ics aokp due to insufficient number of post:eek:

Thanks for the post. I had the same problem posting in developer sub forums.

Reactions: rosdol

big-hol

Dec 30, 2010
thanks alot bud, that helped me out after about an hour trying to install drivers, lol....

dainese01

May 11, 2010
Sydney
And you know what else is great about this?

If your MTP isn't working great, or being flakey (more often than not), you can select mass storage and give that a go too. But apps using storage data may be stopped I think as it relegates usage to data transfer to computer

Tyraenor

Jun 26, 2011
What about usb thumb drives? I get the message that it is corrupted when mtp is on. If I turn on ptp nothing happens except that I get the message "usb storage is being prepared".

Any idea?

Jarmezrocks

Mar 25, 2011
Gold Coast
tinyurl.com
Guys,

I just got one of these tabs recently. I will upload a fix that will allow the corret build.prop updates and file configuration to allow te Samsung tab to work in USB mode always.

On linux the reason why MTP doesn't work is because Samsung tab is transmitting as if it is a camera (which sux quite frankly)and that means your device that is reading the transmission NEEDs to have drivers for that particular device. Allowing the mass storage method that I will make for you should enable the Mass storage on any device....heck you could even plug it into the side of a TV and it will see the folders on your SD card ;) haha

I have this working on other samsung devices, so I can't see why it wouldnt work on the tab? I believe there are kenels on here that say USB host even? So I will assume the method will work. I just have to familarise my self with the partition layout etc on this you-bute toy I now have :D

Ive come cross from Dev'ing S1, more recently S2 and now this cool lil Tab!

So hi from Aust.

James

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1. go to settings
    2. storage
    1. go to settings
    2. storage

Thanks for the post. I had the same problem posting in developer sub forums.