[TEAM XPOSED] [MOD] Remove shutter sound from 2.3.4 HTCCamera.apk

Search This thread

freeza

Recognized Developer
May 28, 2006
Pasadena, CA
www.freeza-inc.com
OnePlus 10 Pro
HTC has disabled the ability to turn off shutter sounds with the new camera app in 2.3.4. Why? IDK. Possibly to stop up-skirt shots from old pervs, or probably another thing on the long list of "piss customers off" in addition to adding CIQ.

Removing it is easy enough, but getting the option back is a bit more difficult.

To remove the shutter sound, explore the apk with WinRAR or your favorite archiving program, navigate to res/raw, and remove camera_click.ogg.

I took the liberty of doing it and it is available here.

This HTCCamera.apk also includes Panorma/HDR courtesy of my man SteelH.

Attachments

• HTCCamera.apk
    5.5 MB · Views: 1,956
  • CameraNoClickFlashable.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 1,198
Last edited:
Z

zedmay

How do I replace the old camera application with this one? Tryied to install like an normal application didn't work.

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA Premium App

bwcorvus

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 15, 2010
HTC has disabled the ability to turn off shutter sounds with the new camera app in 2.3.4. Why? IDK. Possibly to stop up-skirt shots from old pervs, or probably another thing on the long list of "piss customers off" in addition to adding CIQ.

Removing it is easy enough, but getting the option back is a bit more difficult.

To remove the shutter sound, explore the apk with WinRAR or your favorite archiving program, navigate to res/raw, and remove camera_click.ogg.

They prolly did it for legal reasons.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Offskotphree

Aug 21, 2011

Doesn't seem to work, but im a noob. Any suggestions/help?

\m/

twincitiesjhawk

Apr 13, 2009
found it in root explorer under system/media/audio/ui folder

deleting it didnt seem to work as the sound still remains but the .ogg file is gone.. hmmmmmm

Last edited:

planet_x69

Jul 7, 2011
Using adb just boot into your recovery ( from a windows pc) in this case windows7

the go to the android SDK folder and under platform tools, copy your HTCCamera.apk to that folder then from your PC's command prompt navigate that same folder and do: adb push HTCCamera.apk /system/app

then exit and reboot phone

Last edited:

ch1naski

Jun 11, 2010
Los Angeles
So....
I moved the htc camera using root explorer to a temp folder,.then moved this apk to system/app and rebooted. Didn't take, so I deleted it. Moved original back to system/app and rebooted. Still no camera action. It's early, I'm still sleepy, maybe I'm missing something.....any suggestions?

Nandroids are for sissies.
Bang.

twincitiesjhawk

Apr 13, 2009
So....
I moved the htc camera using root explorer to a temp folder,.then moved this apk to system/app and rebooted. Didn't take, so I deleted it. Moved original back to system/app and rebooted. Still no camera action. It's early, I'm still sleepy, maybe I'm missing something.....any suggestions?

Bang.

ok I got it working this way:

downloaded freeza's apk into root of SD, went to root explorer > replaced new apk with old apk in system/apps > confirmed replacement, then long pressed on apk and went to permissions > checkedmarked everything but the bottom 3 options > confirmed > rebooted and camera is working perfectly.

ch1naski

Jun 11, 2010
Los Angeles
Still nothing . Doesn't even show up as an app in the drawer. Changed perm to
rwx rwx ---, still no go. Tried fixing perms in twrp, still nothing. Hmmm.

Bang.

tgruendler

Jun 21, 2010
St. Louis, MO

Does the flashable version also include the Panorama/HDR or just the APK?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

So....

Bang.

ok I got it working this way:

downloaded freeza's apk into root of SD, went to root explorer > replaced new apk with old apk in system/apps > confirmed replacement, then long pressed on apk and went to permissions > checkedmarked everything but the bottom 3 options > confirmed > rebooted and camera is working perfectly.
    found it in root explorer under system/media/audio/ui folder

deleting it didnt seem to work as the sound still remains but the .ogg file is gone.. hmmmmmm

You have to remove it from the apk
    Is it possible to remove the focusing beep as well??? :p

Sure is, all you do is open the apk in your favorite archiver and navigate to res/raw, and delete all the sounds you don't want. :)