HX4700 WM6.1 ROMs

Search This thread

Chemong

Oct 18, 2007
Thanks for the effort

I tried the untouched pdaviet version but had a couple issues with it, but will try your modified version.

MannyMania

Sep 15, 2007
Keyboard is back to looking presentable!!! Thanks algasystems. Hey sanjay I still have the Windows Mobile Lawn boot screen though... It looks the same as the pdaviet rom I think... I'm not gonna reflash back to check but i'm pretty sure.

I guess it's a good thing you started this thread... the vulcan was probably going to loose it any day now.

I'm using the 4700 rom editor for mods, what are you using.

Thanks for saving me the work of cleaning up the rom!!!

Later..

sanjay1951

May 21, 2007
Toronto!
Chemong: I wish you good luck, but don't believe you will find my variation fixes any issues such as battery problems. This is just a cleaner version of the same rom.

MannyMania: Interesting that you are still seeing the lawn. Here's the boot screen I now see. Oh well, at least the keyboard is fixed. I don't intend to do anymore to this since it now is good enough until Kozhura returns but hopefully others will take this and improve it.

I've used Vivi's kitchen in the past, but for simple changes such as these, I just use mamaich's tools directly. I credited Chamine in earlier posts for the boot splash change tips.

Hope this works for you.

Regards.

Attachments

• splash2.jpg
    splash2.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 1,159
Last edited:

MaffooClock

Feb 19, 2008
Just a note:

The first time I tried the PDAViet version, I saw the rather undesireable bootsplash. I tried re-flashing the previous WM6.0, which did not un-do the bootsplash.

I found that the only way to get the original blue and white HP bootsplash is to re-flash your device with the official WM5 upgrade. If you don't have the WM5 upgrade, I bet any of the WM2003 ROM update patches will yield the same results (just visit HP's website and search for your device to visit the downloads).

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=420535&taskId=135&prodTypeId=215348&prodSeriesId=420534&submit.y=0&submit.x=0&lang=en&cc=us

(This only applies if you want to revert back to WM6.0.)

Last edited:

MaffooClock

Feb 19, 2008
Nice job, Sanjay! I ony had PDAVIet's version installed for a few minutes before I promptly removed it. You have solved every issue I had with their version.

sleeps

Dec 15, 2004
what did i do wrong?

First of all, greetings and thanks to everyone who made WM6 possible on hx4700!

I noticed that my device shows only 54.33 program memory? On your screenshot it shows 100 and something. How to enable this?

Thanks!

sanjay1951

May 21, 2007
Toronto!
Just a note:

The first time I tried the PDAViet version, I saw the rather undesireable bootsplash. I tried re-flashing the previous WM6.0, which did not un-do the bootsplash.

I found that the only way to get the original blue and white HP bootsplash is to re-flash your device with the official WM5 upgrade. If you don't have the WM5 upgrade, I bet any of the WM2003 ROM update patches will yield the same results (just visit HP's website and search for your device to visit the downloads).

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=420535&taskId=135&prodTypeId=215348&prodSeriesId=420534&submit.y=0&submit.x=0&lang=en&cc=us

(This only applies if you want to revert back to WM6.0.)

MaffooClock:
Interesting. If people are seeing the PDAVIET splash and I'm not, your explanation may be why. When I reflashed my 4700 with the latest ROM, my previous flash may not have been undone. So thank you for the experiments.

Because of the capabilities of the 4700 (e.g. no phone), I believe this ROM can be made even leaner. I will try to repeat your steps and fix the flash the next time.

Do you think reflashing with a Kozhura WM6 ROM would accomplish the same thing? Even the thought of reverting back to the HP WM5 disaster causes me to shudder.

Regards.

vivi

Sep 26, 2005
sanjay1951,
Great work.
Does this ROM has all rgu files or you deleted them all ?
vivi

Edit : I dumped it , no rgu files.
vivi

Last edited:

sanjay1951

May 21, 2007
Toronto!
sanjay1951,
Great work.
Does this ROM has all rgu files or you deleted them all ?
vivi

Edit : I dumped it , no rgu files.
vivi

Thank you Vivi. I've found your kitchen to be excellent as well and a great help for ROM tuning. I also read your tips including ones to remove the RGU files, but PDAVIET already had these deleted so I did not need to remove them. I still feel though that for the 4700 capabilities, there are other files that can be removed to free up more space. I will experiment more to see what I can do with this.

Regards,
Sanjay

sanjay1951

May 21, 2007
Toronto!
I did the upgrade from PPC techs and my 4700 works fine, been over a year since they did it and no effects at all.

Also posted the new Sanjay 6.1 build to my website for those that don't want to use rapidshare.

http://wm6.flyingarizona.net

Thank you dpdurst for posting the rom to your site. I don't have a site so I appreciate you doing this. It's the contribution of many and sharing that makes this better for all of us.

Regards.

Oh...and Happy Anniversary!

Last edited:

vivi

Sep 26, 2005
Thank you Vivi. I've found your kitchen to be excellent as well and a great help for ROM tuning. I also read your tips including ones to remove the RGU files, but PDAVIET already had these deleted so I did not need to remove them. I still feel though that for the 4700 capabilities, there are other files that can be removed to free up more space. I will experiment more to see what I can do with this.

Regards,
Sanjay

Thanks Sanjay,
rgu files are needed in using ROM Kitchen.
If no rgu files in ROM, no way to re-packages from that ROM and use ROM Kitchen.
I want to try this ROM but I also want to add my favorite programs in this ROM also.If no rgu files,then I have to manually add and edit it.
I am working with WM6.1 ROM for ASUS P525 and fixing WiFi error with no success , so no time to build Hx4700 WM6.1 from scratch.
BTW,thanks.
vivi

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    maybe not... you can use from vista.... but i think you ave to do it from safe mode... there are several threads around about flashing from vista...

check out www.mobilitysite.com

there is a lot of info there and there is still a subforum for the 4700.... i used the same username there as i have here....