[Q] SGS2 - imei code belongs to an s3??

Search This thread

apesgrapes

Mar 7, 2010
odd thing, been trying to unlock my sgs2 so my bro can use it on O2 network, various apps (including the chainfire & helroz) have failed and on principle I really didn't want to pay EE £20 and wait 20(!) days for a code.

i started to think that maybe my efs had been corrupted, restored a backup but no change. and when searching i decided to check my imei on imei.info; it states that the phone is an I9300 Galaxy S III. i've never consciously changed the imei, but have probably used dozens of ROMs over the 2 years i had the phone; could they change the imei?

i'm currently using LK95-SimplisticPS-XXLSJ, which is pretty much stock, but i'm guessing that site doesn't care much for which ROM is on the phone, just the imei.

any advice or help? i'm kinda worried cos if the imei has changed thats possibly a hanging offence in uk.

many thanks
apes

EDIT: its the generic 004999010640000, so looks like i need EFS fix..

Last edited:

apesgrapes

Mar 7, 2010
thanks both, i'd tried both those but they failed.

but now solved. i adb'd backups of nv_data.bin and nv_data.bin.md5 into /efs and it immediately connected to O2 (i have unregistered O2 sim in) and they've sent 2 texts setting it up for their network.