MOTO CLIQ has been rooted! (confirmed) read more>>

Search This thread

malaeus

Mar 27, 2009
we have now had a few users out there who have rooted their Cliq, and apparently there are a few ways of going about the process. the link below will take you to theDudes post, and im sure you will find other individuals with other methods if you search through the thread.

good luck to all who wish to root, and happy holidays to all!

As i do not have a moto cliq in my possession i would not be able to tell you if this is true or not. but to any users out there that DO have access to a Cliq, and are willing to test this. (just in case someone out there hadnt seen it)

Motorola CLIQ Rooted for Full Android Access http://bit.ly/4Y9uLs

(dont hate me, i caught this on a livesearch of android, the info was RT'd by
{@TaimurAsad} if you would like to RT it yourself, please do.)

i would like to hear if this works out. seeing as how the last moto cliq forum was closed.

Last edited:

shadowofzeus

Dec 20, 2009
McAllen
Its true. I have a Cliq and I rooted it last night. There are two methods to root. One is by Demoshadow and one is by TheDudesAndroid. Both seem to be based on the same idea. They came out about the same time. TheDudesAndroid is actually a little easier to do and the files can be downloaded faster. You posted TheDudes version here. Here is Demoshadows verison just to be fair. Demoshadow's Root

tep065

Yah, its true, and apparently it will work with the Dext as well. Its STILL very raw though. And could possibly brick your phone. May be best to wait a a few days for it to be cleaned up and tested more. Still some risk with it. No flashable update.zip as of yet. Also, they are working on porting Cyanogen's Rom to the cliq and a Nexus One rom. And someone got the NexusOne boot screen running on it.

Last edited:

malaeus

Mar 27, 2009
awesome, so its official. now we just wait for the genius' in the android community to "fancify" it, as they always do. props to all who tried this, and thanks for giving us a 100% positive answer.

bunu

Nov 25, 2009
does this also mean someone can port motoblur to the g1/mytouch easier?

djdeviance

Sep 15, 2007
awesome, so its official. now we just wait for the genius' in the android community to "fancify" it, as they always do. props to all who tried this, and thanks for giving us a 100% positive answer.

This root proccess is different from what we are used to. I actualy rooted mine last night. Spent some time following the M3 forum for awhile and it was no easy task. If we were all "genius'" here why weren't we able to do it? I'm not trying to bash but we need to work together on this and not make anyone feel inferior.

xnappo

Aug 15, 2003

landykos

Jan 27, 2009
Got root on my cliq

I followed The Dudes version and had no issues at all getting root. It only took me about 20 mins. I can't wait to see where this goes next. Love the cliq been waiting for root!!

So far everything works for me the same as before no FCs no apps not installing or running.

LK

lolsmiley

Dec 24, 2009
I followed The Dudes version and had no issues at all getting root. It only took me about 20 mins. I can't wait to see where this goes next. Love the cliq been waiting for root!!

So far everything works for me the same as before no FCs no apps not installing or running.

LK

hey after you root the cliq does it still have motoblur?

malaeus

Mar 27, 2009
to my knowledge the ROM provided after rooting, is the same ROM. with SU enabled. am i correct in saying this?

mrandroid

Jun 25, 2009
Miami
www.darklome.com
Woot. I posted all necessary files and tutorial up on my site. Enjoy! Now all we need is APPS2SD and some speed mods and we'll be all set. This is the official TMO Rom so everything is the same, except you have root. :)

thedude1484

Jan 17, 2010
cant open rsd lite for some reason

I am running 32-bit windows xp and i downloaded rsd lite v4.5.7 .msi but when i try to run it on my pc it just opens a title bar that says "rsd lite" nothing else shows up. No option to install at all. A little help would be appreciated. Im kinda a noob at this. I work for tmobile and im so tired of the original os on my cliq, too many bugs. Thanks for the help.

franceschiv

Jan 18, 2010
kinda got an issue here, i rooted the cliq and everything worked fine following the dude's method, but the deal is that i did user metamorph ad basically screwed the phone, not sure if the theme fails or something, i'm currently unable to flash the phone with rdslite, i was trying to update or flash via update.zip or reseting to factory from the default recovery.img but no look :S..... and ye i know, no nandroid backup installed that's my bad

vincecastle

May 17, 2010
update firmware, OS to froyo for moto cliq

Hi good afternoon, i would like to know something about the upgrade of the moto cliq whit 1.5 to 1.6 or froyo 2.2, please somebody. Help me with that. Thanks in advance.