[Q] SIM recently removed, verify identity

Search This thread

Arctic.Light

Feb 4, 2011
Out of nowhere when i rebooted my phone i got a messege on my phone saying "The SIM card was recently removed, sign into your account to verify identiy" I try loging in but it says its wrong. I cant do anything with the phone when its like this. I found a work around with a custom lockscreen if i turn on airplane mode as soon as it turns on. but its extremly annyoying not being able to use the home button!!! So if anyone has a fix please tell me D:. Im rooted and safestraped on a deoxed version of the stock rom (well i think it is) I just got the phone last night, i started having thease issues later this morning though.

Arctic.Light

Feb 4, 2011
If anyone is curious I actually found a temp fix for this!! What you do is you restart your phone, as soon as it turns on, quickly turn airplane mode on. Your phone works perfectly now...its just useless. SO TO FIX THAT. You must then go to wireless settings and turn on wifi. Our main goal is to remove your email from accounts, in my case, it was my verizon yahoo email. I think its whatever email shows up for you to verify. If you try removing it over wifi though it will have a server error.

So since you can at least go in the market now (or google play now or whatever lol) you should download an app called LockMenu (free version) that will replace your lockscreen and it has a slider to go directly to your home launcher, once that works fine you can turn airplane mode off. (Your home button and notification bar dont work right now btw) In any case now that your phones data is on again you can now just go to accounts and remove the cursed email.

Now just reboot, and you shouldn't have the error! :D

Clouded_Reality

Mar 24, 2012
Hallelujah

I signed up for an account just to say Thank You to Artic.Light!! I was customizing my phone and while setting up my gmail account activity feed my phone froze up. Upon reboot I received the "SIM card removed" message and was completely f-ing devastated. My GF is 9 months preggers and was out and about in heavy rain so communication was critical. I was freaking out and scrambling for like a half hour looking online for someone who cracked the code. After finally finding and following Artic.Light's instructions my phone is back up and running fine and I could not be happier!! Mega Huge Thanx!!!!

nick1020

Mar 22, 2011
FIX

I found a fix for this. Do what the guy said and put the phone in airplane mode. Reboot the phone and turn it back on. Airplane mode should still be on when the phone comes back on. Simply go to the dial pad. call someone, it will give you a message about airplane mode being turned off, just ignore it and complete the phone call. Stay connected in the phone call for about 2 minutes to allow the sim card to refresh. and thats it.

nightowl1016

Apr 9, 2012
I found a fix for this. Do what the guy said and put the phone in airplane mode. Reboot the phone and turn it back on. Airplane mode should still be on when the phone comes back on. Simply go to the dial pad. call someone, it will give you a message about airplane mode being turned off, just ignore it and complete the phone call. Stay connected in the phone call for about 2 minutes to allow the sim card to refresh. and thats it.

Nick, did your solution continue to work after fixing it and then powering off? Unfortunately, it did not for me. I'd been using the power off in airplane mode method, then after powering on, make a call. I typically just call me voice mail and hang up after a few seconds. Your suggestion gave me hope but after leaving the call open (with my work phone) for several minutes (and trying it a couple times, it reverted back to the same issue. :mad:

Does anyone know why they don't just fix the bug?

Arctic.Light

Feb 4, 2011
I signed up for an account just to say Thank You to Artic.Light!! I was customizing my phone and while setting up my gmail account activity feed my phone froze up. Upon reboot I received the "SIM card removed" message and was completely f-ing devastated. My GF is 9 months preggers and was out and about in heavy rain so communication was critical. I was freaking out and scrambling for like a half hour looking online for someone who cracked the code. After finally finding and following Artic.Light's instructions my phone is back up and running fine and I could not be happier!! Mega Huge Thanx!!!!

well i'm glad to have helped!!! :D

in other news.....meh...i dont know what actually causes the bug...i ended just doing a factory reset...I think that fixed my problem....still annoying as heck though

hellork

Dec 30, 2011
SIM Removed

You just need to mention the e-mail account password I tried and it works perfectly.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If anyone is curious I actually found a temp fix for this!! What you do is you restart your phone, as soon as it turns on, quickly turn airplane mode on. Your phone works perfectly now...its just useless. SO TO FIX THAT. You must then go to wireless settings and turn on wifi. Our main goal is to remove your email from accounts, in my case, it was my verizon yahoo email. I think its whatever email shows up for you to verify. If you try removing it over wifi though it will have a server error.

So since you can at least go in the market now (or google play now or whatever lol) you should download an app called LockMenu (free version) that will replace your lockscreen and it has a slider to go directly to your home launcher, once that works fine you can turn airplane mode off. (Your home button and notification bar dont work right now btw) In any case now that your phones data is on again you can now just go to accounts and remove the cursed email.

Now just reboot, and you shouldn't have the error! :D