[ROM] Playground ICS: New Era

Search This thread

nsg86

Jun 21, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
I'm sorry to report that Playground ICS does crash if GPU is stressed enough. I run Google maps, Temple Run and then Star Chart. It finally reboot. But definitely better than IceColdSandwich.

Sent from my Incredible S using Tapatalk 2

I'm just wondering is gingerbread will be fine if run Google maps, Temple Run and then Star Chart..??

itandy

Apr 28, 2010
Hong Kong
Have you solved your front face camera problem. I also have this problem and want to know if you can fix it.

I just tried a fresh install of Playground and still the front face camera doesn't work. I guess the current camera HAL for IncS is just broken. :( Hope it can be fixed in next release.

ChewyVision

Mar 24, 2011
In installed this ROM two days ago after 3 months on Virtuous Quattro as I was getting sick of the stability issues and non-working camera (other than that great ROM).

So far, loving Playground, it's very smooth and I've had no stability issues yet.

One thing, is there a way to change the notification LED to flash green instead of orange? I can't find a setting for it anywhere...

ChewyVision

Mar 24, 2011
Ok a couple of problems, now:

1) I can't send text messages over 160 characters
2) Skype video calling doesn't work, it initializes and then hangs up (related to camcorder issue?).

The Skype problem isn't the end of the world, but the text message thing is quite annoying. Are there any fixes for this, which don't include a 3rd party sms app?

inSaN1Ty_X

Nov 21, 2011
Espoo
Ok a couple of problems, now:

1) I can't send text messages over 160 characters
2) Skype video calling doesn't work, it initializes and then hangs up (related to camcorder issue?).

The Skype problem isn't the end of the world, but the text message thing is quite annoying. Are there any fixes for this, which don't include a 3rd party sms app?

The SMS thing might be some sort of security thing. Heard that at least ICS does not allow you to send empty(?) Or multiple sms's in bursts.

Sooo its possibly limited to 160 so malicious apps cant spend all you sms's.
Sounds dumb, I know. And might be totally different thing/problem, but after all, the 'over 5 sms in 2min' was also dumb limitation.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using XDA

classnetd

Oct 17, 2008
The SMS thing might be some sort of security thing. Heard that at least ICS does not allow you to send empty(?) Or multiple sms's in bursts.

Sooo its possibly limited to 160 so malicious apps cant spend all you sms's.
Sounds dumb, I know. And might be totally different thing/problem, but after all, the 'over 5 sms in 2min' was also dumb limitation.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using XDA

160 characters? I would rather call the other fella than typing so much. Anyway you could probably try whatsapp or something similar if this is indeed the limitation... :)

ChewyVision

Mar 24, 2011
I had no problems sending SMS's of over 160 chars on my previous ICS ROM, so I'd like to see this fixed on Playground, as on all other counts Playground is a brilliant ROM.

For now I've installed GoSMS, but I prefer the native Messaging app.

I had no problems sending SMS's of over 160 chars on my previous ICS ROM, so I'd like to see this fixed on Playground, as on all other counts Playground is a brilliant ROM.

For now I've installed GoSMS, but I prefer the native Messaging app.

It's been fixed, just wasn't built. Still prepping a few things to start supporting new devices like this one a little more officially.

incrediblealex

Oct 11, 2011
Does the HTC one v ics kernel help in the development of this great rom?

Sent from my Incredible S using XDA

itandy

Apr 28, 2010
Hong Kong
Anyone can successfully use Screenshot function in the power button menu? Mine just cause FC in SystemUI.

Bionik_kaos

Aug 18, 2011
quebec
Some apps can't connect using 3g like instagram but mostly its pretty nice rom
Ps. Face unlock works 1 in 5 times

Sent from my Incredible S using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ___________________Playground ICS___________________

An android AOSP source maintained, and developed by xda-developer twistedumbrella.

twistedumbrella said:
    I would like to take a moment and humbly thank AllDroid.org for supporting my campaign to keep Android development moving forward as a community. We are a single voice reminding everyone that as much as we are Android, Android is us.
    Donations to twistedumbrella:
    Discussion on playground has moved to the Playground forums:

Playground Index: http://twisted.dyndns.tv:3194/
    Playground source: https://github.com/theplayground
    Bug tracker: http://code.google.com/p/cupcake-frosting/issues/list
    I know someone will ask, what is different between this and Ice Cold Sandwich?

It's a kind of different. Ice Cold Sandwich is a hybrid that has a lot of AOKP feature modifications called ROMControl, and uses twisted's camera source, frameworks and other ode.

Playground ICS is more 'standard' base in mind, a lot like how a future CM9 would look like.
    There are no fancy mods, wallpapers and lots of random features. It is more of a 'professional' type rom that avoids adding unneeded features in order to have stability.
    Back in to catch up. Took some time off to do some real life stuff. ROM building/working took too much time the past month, so I put some priority on reality stuff the past several weeks.

I see that twisted has came to aid (I'm glad he did), I will update the thread and stuff with the new information after catching up with the reads.
    why is it not possible to send an SMS which is longer than 160 characters? tried search from within this thread but couldn't find "search this thread"...seems like disappeared or something :O

I have intentionally designed the rom to make simple tasks as difficult as possible because I like seeing the same question every 5 posts.
    Alright. It's up.

Quick explanation of the graphics lib issue: lordclockan decided to port just the libs and skipped the firmware saying it wasn't needed, then the icecold you have was built using that setup. He saw other sources switch to how I set up and cloned it fixing the issue in the process (since we did have firmware) but the source for the build here was already ported from that layout so the fix was old libs to match old firmware. I add the new layout, but libs are still being overwritten by old versions that are still being imported. The reverse problem occurs from old libs but new firmware. This version aligned the new libs with new firmware in the same build which should fix it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5