[Q] Noob help

Search This thread

adcpeda

Oct 18, 2013
after unlocking the bootloader and after everything signalled as okay the nexus seemed to be not booting
here is the log from the toolkit

hope i'm not too much of an inconvenience but it's a brand new device

Attachments

• Screenshot_7.png
    Screenshot_7.png
    57.4 KB · Views: 661

SwoRNLeaDejZ

Aug 13, 2013
Taunton
www.facebook.com
The fact that your serial number isn't listed leads me to believe it wasn't properly detected by adb although I don't know if that matters because I have never used the toolkit because running the commands manually is so much easier.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

adcpeda

Oct 18, 2013
The fact that your serial number isn't listed leads me to believe it wasn't properly detected by adb although I don't know if that matters because I have never used the toolkit because running the commands manually is so much easier.

I blurred it out because the image was originally uploaded to imgur, however it won't let me post links so i attached it instead
here is the serial

Attachments

• Screenshot_6.png
    Screenshot_6.png
    59.2 KB · Views: 56

adcpeda

Oct 18, 2013
Ohhh haha, alright, I wouldn't blur it, not much someone can do with it..

Can you get into fastboot?

tell me how to get into fastboot, please
UPDATE: i googled it but now it's showing an android with a red exclamation mark in the middle, i think i ****ed up
UPDATE 2: i managed to reboot but it didn't go into fastboot and instead is showing the boot animation
UPDATE 3: it booted correctly but i doubt it's rooted because the toolkit isn't saying anything

Last edited:

mhannigan

Jan 2, 2013
Providence
You really think running the commands is much easier for a noob, or are you just trying to sound cool?

Pandae

Dec 14, 2013
I really think it's easier.. Lol at the chaos this dude dealt with.. is that really easier for a noob??

It's three pretty simple commands.

Indeed, and it's much more informative to run the simple commands manually. Sure, it might be easier for a newbie to click a few things, but when something goes wrong, there's nothing like manual commands to let us troubleshoot effectively.

SwoRNLeaDejZ

Aug 13, 2013
Taunton
www.facebook.com
Indeed, and it's much more informative to run the simple commands manually. Sure, it might be easier for a newbie to click a few things, but when something goes wrong, there's nothing like manual commands to let us troubleshoot effectively.

+1

I always do everything the long way, much more control over what's happening... Plus, is it the worst thing in the world if people learn some fastboot and adb commands so that they may actually use them in the future to recover their device or troubleshoot something that there isn't a toolkit for? I'm all in favor of everyone having as much knowledge as they possibly can, and encourage self sufficiency wherever possible. Its almost at a point know where people expect and rely on toolkits and the like way too much.

Pandae

Dec 14, 2013
Fully agree! :good: Wug's toolkit is great for new Android users, I'll gladly say, but after someone's initially rooted and flashed a ROM, it's not hard to pick up the few basic commands. Ultimately I find it faster to right-click to open an admin command prompt, then do the commands I want.

SwoRNLeaDejZ

Aug 13, 2013
Taunton
www.facebook.com
Fully agree! :good: Wug's toolkit is great for new Android users, I'll gladly say, but after someone's initially rooted and flashed a ROM, it's not hard to pick up the few basic commands. Ultimately I find it faster to right-click to open an admin command prompt, then do the commands I want.

Exactly. I have a major sense of accomplishment when I use commands to do everything I want done.

My knowing fastboot and adb commands saved my first gen kindle fire numerous times. I have a fastboot cable that I made to fix it now, but before I did, knowing those commands is the only reason the thing isn't a paperweight.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ohhh haha, alright, I wouldn't blur it, not much someone can do with it..

Can you get into fastboot?