UK Unbranded Xperia Z1 KitKat FOTA

Search This thread

kxdaorbit

Oct 11, 2009
At last, I got a notification on my Z1 about the KitKat update being ready. Did anybody else receive this yet.

Think I'll hold off for a while though, since after flashing the French FTF have downgraded to 4.3 because of some problems I was having with dialler (when trying to make a credit card payment by phone, the pressed key was registering twice or more times).

Please let me know if you install this on your phone as to whether bug free.

Thanks.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Guys and Gals,

Seems that I may have been a bit premature in announcing the UK Unbranded Xperia Z1's availability over FOTA.

The FTF that I used to downgrade to 4.3 was C903_14.2.A.1.136_Global-LTE_1277-2880_R1B, consequently the update notification for KitKat that I received is probably for the 'Global' version as well.

The confusing thing for me is that the 'Global' version has been out for weeks and my downgrade to 4.3 has been running for weeks also, but yet I only received the upgrade notification yesterday.

But I guess tha'ts by the by, so guys and gals, apologies for getting your hopes up, and back to the long wait for our UK update.

Last edited:

HarpingOn

Oct 20, 2010
At last, I got a notification on my Z1 about the KitKat update being ready. Did anybody else receive this yet.

Think I'll hold off for a while though, since after flashing the French FTF have downgraded to 4.3 because of some problems I was having with dialler (when trying to make a credit card payment by phone, the pressed key was registering twice or more times).

Thanks.

I don't want to be the first to jump! Although using Sony Xperia KitKat on the Tablet Z2 for a few days has made me warm to it somewhat.

I wonder if it's the same build, or if it has any updates.

It'll be the same build though.

kxdaorbit

Oct 11, 2009
I don't want to be the first to jump! Although using Sony Xperia KitKat on the Tablet Z2 for a few days has made me warm to it somewhat.

I wonder if it's the same build, or if it has any updates.

It'll be the same build though.
Think I'll bite the bullet and do the upgrade tomorrow afternoon. Can't risk it now , since at work in the morning so need a fully functioning phone and knowing me and sods law.

Will report back once updated, but maybe someone else will get there before me and feedback.

del1701

Thanks.

Just checked mine and there's no ota ready for my Z1 :(
Which 4.3 ftf did you flash back to?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

del1701

Yes he did, but he also said that there were problems with it so he downgraded to 4.3 so which 4.3 did he use?

Edit : never mind I just checked pcc and still no update :(

Last edited:

HarpingOn

Oct 20, 2010
The tablet Z2 is out?

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk

Yeah. Had mine pre ordered from the Sony store since forever. It got delivered on Wednesday. It's a winner. Love it.

It's also made me want kitkat on my Z1 phone

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 08:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 AM ----------

Yes he did, but he also said that there were problems with it so he downgraded to 4.3 so which 4.3 did he use?

Nothing for me. Think it might have been a false alarm, perhaps one of the bug fix otas that's kicking around

Reactions: del1701

del1701

Yeah. Had mine pre ordered from the Sony store since forever. It got delivered on Wednesday. It's a winner. Love it.

---------- Post added at 08:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 AM ----------

Nothing for me. Think it might have been a false alarm, perhaps one of the bug fix otas that's kicking around

Probably ;) oh well and the wait goes on :(

adamo86

Mar 5, 2009
I got the pc update for 4.4 in the uk ages ago but I flashed nuts rom instead. I think after a week when french 4.4 came out uk rom was out.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The tablet Z2 is out?

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk

I got the pc update for 4.4 in the uk ages ago but I flashed nuts rom instead. I think after a week when french 4.4 came out uk rom was out.

Carrier branded, presumably. Vodafone?

Sent from my SGP512 using Tapatalk