[MOD] White UI (Holo Blue Elimination) for PA, SaberDroid & Stock (will add more)

Search This thread

rpr69

Dec 21, 2011
Brampton
Hey guys,

I'm really sorry I haven't updated this in a while, but in the midst of Android L I kinda forgot about this. Also I had to get a new computer due to my old one having too many issues (not done by me ;) ). Hopefully tomorrow I can update the stock and PA versions back to what they were before. The Saberdroid, Purity, and Omni versions will come as well in the week. Also I'm planning to expand to other devices but I'm not entirely sure yet; lets hope I can.

Once again, I'd like to apoligize for no content for a large amount of time. I feel like I disappointed you guys, but hopefully tomorrow update will make it up for you guys :)

Have a good one! :good:

Any chance of an Android L version? Not loving the green/blue scheme too much... :)

Reactions: fergdizzle9090

Koragg618

Aug 10, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Enjoy! Updated PA to 4.43 (took long because I had to do some prerequisite installs)

Paranoid Android 4.43 (updated 16th July):

Any chance of an Android L version? Not loving the green/blue scheme too much... :)

Sorry man, I don't think I'm going to touch L at the preview state. Plus I doubt this mod will last into L because of Google moving in to different colours in all apps, but we'll wait and see ;)

P.S. Stock Update coming tomorrow. Rest of the other ROMs will follow the days.

Last edited:

snak3ater

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jul 31, 2012
Land of Pathans
Creating new theme for every other PA builds,isn't it better to just create a cm 11 theme Engine compatible theme.. Like installing an apk & enjoying this awesome work...

Last edited:
Reactions: Koragg618

ACastanza

May 21, 2011
Seattle
Enjoy! Updated PA to 4.43 (took long because I had to do some prerequisite installs)

Sorry man, I don't think I'm going to touch L at the preview state. Plus I doubt this mod will last into L because of Google moving in to different colours in all apps, but we'll wait and see ;)

P.S. Stock Update coming tomorrow. Rest of the other ROMs will follow the days.

Fair enough, I just wish that there was some way to replace all the residual Holo blue with the new Material Design Teal or the Brighter Blue they're using in the dialer and some of the text fields, IMO it looks a lot better, but there are some places in the UI that Google just hasn't updated yet. Maybe consider it as a side project until Google gets their act together and cleans up the remainder of the UI?

It should be much more straightforward swapping the Blue for Teal (or the new brighter blue) than for White since you wouldn't have to worry about it vanishing into the background and stuff.

Last edited:

Koragg618

Aug 10, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Creating new theme for every other PA builds,isn't it better to just create a cm 11 theme Engine compatible theme.. Like installing an apk & enjoying this awesome work...

I have a strong urge to do that, but I feel I might be stealing the spotlight of other people who already made White UI themes, but I might make an APK for all the PA/CM11 users and make ZIPs for the rest of the ROMs.

Fair enough, I just wish that there was some way to replace all the residual Holo blue with the new Material Design Teal or the Brighter Blue they're using in the dialer and some of the text fields, IMO it looks a lot better, but there are some places in the UI that Google just hasn't updated yet. Maybe consider it as a side project until Google gets their act together and cleans up the remainder of the UI?

It should be much more straightforward swapping the Blue for Teal (or the new brighter blue) than for White since you wouldn't have to worry about it vanishing into the background and stuff.

I might look into the teal.. it does look pretty good but then I'm going to have to change all the white to black which I heard was a troublesome task; I'll see eventually :p :good:

bifo

Dec 8, 2014
beautifull but...

It's possible to install this tweak on Purity ROM?
Thank for the answers
:)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    White UI

Hi guys!
    First thanks to:
    @EnricoD's guide: His guide.
    @snak3ater (for helping me with dialer fixes :good: ): His post.
    @Hyperrunner: His dark background code (#151515)

Currently for Paranoid Android, Paranoid Saberdroid and Stock
    Will make for other ROMs depending on time and requests :silly:

About

This mod removes most of the blue accents within Android 4.4, Kitkat.

Screenshots - Thanks to Theme Debugger for some of them (BEWARE VERY LARGE IMAGES)

0QfPGxN.png

rjnMNzm.png

VV2of8A.png

U9Qbdch.png

r9IjwTg.png

siSnTMu.png

3sA6GNs.png

oRygUmR.png

HLtBmxV.png

Changes
    Code:
    [U][B]July 16th[/B][/U]
    One month gap :eek:
    Updated PA zip to 4.43

[U][B]June 11th[/B][/U]
    Updated PA zip to 4.4 RC1
    Updated Stock zip to include dialer theming

[U][B]June 9th[/B][/U]
    Updated Stock zip to 4.4.3

[U][B]June 8th[/B][/U]
    Updated PA zip to 4.4 BETA 1

[U][B]May 27th[/B][/U]
    Updated PA zip to BETA 7

[U][B]May 21st[/B][/U]
    Updated PA zip to BETA 6

[U][B]May 13th[/B][/U]
    Updated PA zip to BETA4
    Updated PA Saberdroid zip to V4
    Changed background to #151515 (credit to [user=3929963]@Hyperrunner[/user])
    Fixed incorrect dialer button colour (thanks to [user=4770534]@snak3ater[/user])

[U][B]May 6th[/B][/U]
    Updated PA ZIP to current version (4.3 BETA 3)
    Added ZIP for Paranoid SaberDroid

[U][B]May 3rd[/B][/U]
    Fixed incorrect tab layout colours for PA release
    Added downloads for stock deodexed (KOT49H)

[U][B]May 1st[/B][/U]
    Updated resources to 26th April
    Fixed hard to see delete button in Dialer
    Updated to PA4.3-BETA2

[U][B]April 29th[/B][/U]
    Initial release

Installation

Please do not flash older version ZIPs for newer versions as you will most probably get a greeting of FCs once you boot up.

For PA: Flash the ZIP AFTER rebooting once flashing ROM/update.

Other than that, download right version for your ROM and flash in recovery.

Downloads

Paranoid SaberDroid (updated 6th May):

Stock 4.4.3 (updated 9th June):

To-do list (for me)
    Add support for Omni

All Downloads
    Code:
    [LIST]
    [URL="https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5ElPl_w5ocEZzcwYzJxbW1sWWc&usp=sharing"]Folder to Google Drive downloads[/URL]
    [URL="https://mega.co.nz/#F!ScswhDLQ!5If-3Vu-Mp46UMidIOvvZA"]Folder to MEGA downloads[/URL]
    [/LIST]

There it is!
    Code:
    [U][B]June 11th[/B][/U]
    Updated PA zip to 4.4 RC1
    Updated Stock zip to include dialer theming

Paranoid Android 4.4 RC1 (updated 11th June):

Stock 4.4.3 (updated 11th June):

Are you plan doing it for Purity Rom in the future?

Ofcourse why not, but I'll probably do stable or release candidates :)

EDIT:

Downloaded!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

LOL Too quick for me :p
    Take all the time you need education is key our need for white KitKat can always wait lol

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Thanks! But I couldn't wait so, go fish :good:

Paranoid Android 4.3 BETA 6 (updated 21st May):
    Code:
    [U][B]May 21st[/B][/U]
    Updated PA zip to BETA 6

can you do one for stock odexed ?

I would, but I haven't been able to find a odex script or something similar that actually odexes APKs on the computer itself (many of the ones I found odex the APKs installed on your phone). So I'll keep looking if I find something that odexes on the computer but if you find it before me, please do share :laugh:
    Its here guys! Sorry for the long wait. Decided to stick with ZIPs because everything gets themed in it. Stock ZIP coming up later today.

Code:
    [U][B]June 8th[/B][/U]
    Updated PA zip to 4.4 BETA 1

Paranoid Android 4.4 BETA 1 (updated 8th June):
    Hi guys!

Sorry for the wait for Stock ZIPs; I was testing out some different colours for the Dialer but it was taking too long so I'm posting it without the Dialer (so it won't change anything in the dialer).

Stock 4.4.3 (updated 9th June):