[ROM][EXTRAS] PRIME! v1.7 | Latest Asus Build++ | HTJ85B.prime_epad-1.7-20110804

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Roach2010

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 1, 2008
Glasgow
PRIME! v1.7

This is a tweaked stock rom for the Asus Eee Pad Transformer TF101

Special thanks to: CaNsA | Hacre | afm | MoDaCo | dc13 | supercurio | Bumble-Bee | RaYmAn | netarchy | Vividboarder | CurtisBeef​

This rom is a work in progress and all feedback is appreciated. It is build from the stock rom and has a few tweaks added. As always whenever installing any rom, please take care to follow instructions as no one enjoys seeing their prized possesion not working.

Instructions:
1. Copy ROM to sdcard
2. Verify the MD5 of the zip on the sdcard, DO NOT FLASH IF THIS DOESN'T MATCH THE MD5 UNDER THE DOWNLOAD LINK!
3. Boot into clockworkmod recovery
4. Take a nandroid backup (optional but highly recommended)
5. Install the ROM
6. Reboot and wait... The more apps you have installed the longer the first boot will take... Please not that after the lock screen comes up your TF may be sluggish for a minute while the rom initialises.
7. After a successful restart, you can change the default power mod if desired.

Due to changes made in the launcher for 1.7 you might get a black background after the first boot. The wallpaper picker may also force close. A reboot will sort this problem out.

Rom Details:
Android 3.2
GPS - V1.5.0
WiFi - V5.2.53
Bluetooth - V6.19
Kernel - 2.6.36.3
Build - HTJ85B.prime_epad-1.7-20110804
MobileDock Firmware- EP101-0209 (Prompts for install after first boot if required)

See the second post of this thread for the changelog and optional extras including kernels.

Download Links: - Main Rom (You need this one)

PRIME! v1.7 - Alternate Link - Alternate Link 2 - Alternate Link 3

Torrent Link - Thanks Aligatro and WoodburyMan

MD5: c30c353e61d89c94437c3218723908c6

NVFLASH VERSION - Includes CWM 3.2.0.1

http://www.sdx-downloads.com/devs/roach2010/ROMS/prime1.7.tar.bz2
MD5: 35b5add545a775e932ec5b44e7653c9a

Previous versions:

See this thread

WMV Patch

I've discovered that the netflix library patch breaks WMV support. Here's a patch to put back the original library and to re-enable wmv support. Also the netflix library seems to have the undesirable effect of process locking the /system folder so it cannot be remounted and as such is always in rw mode. I suspect that this may be a bad thing in the long run for I/O.

WMV Patch - Breaks Netflix

Last edited:

Roach2010

Sep 1, 2008
Glasgow
Changelog

Changelog:
v1.7
Based on 8.6.5.6-20110728 Honeycomb 3.2
Everything fom previous versions
Compass calibration fault fixed - Thanks Dexter. I owe you one.
Zipalign on boot
CWM 3.1.0.1 Recovery included confirmed working with Keyboard Dock
Google Maps updated to 5.8.0
Google Music updated to 3.0.2
New backgrounds added
Netflix patch added
AnyConnect libs added

For older changelog see here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=15191789&postcount=2

ROM EXTRAS

Power button mods

These mods give you either a reboot or reboot to recovery option when you long press the power button.

SHUTDOWN and REBOOT power button mod - Alternate Link - Alternate Link 2 - Alternate Link 3
MD5: d54e2954f0a220839aac661934b02841

SHUTDOWN and RECOVERY power button mod - Alternate Link - Alternate Link 2 - Alternate Link 3
MD5: c6d03c140cb40b93025f1600bba68e18

REBOOT and RECOVERY power button mod - Alternate Link - Alternate Link 2 - Alternate Link 3 - (included in rom)
MD5: 9a90986be2e0d00f634c4d5c03b4c6c4

NEW! REBOOT, RECOVERY and SHUTDOWN power button mod - This works best with a dock since the soft buttons don't work but putting the tablet into standby and back will act as a cancel button (Unless the tablet is locked when you long press) - If you're not sure what I mean then try it anyway and you can always change the mod if you don't like it.
MD5: 82e87a982767ddb4baf0184612d70ec0

PRIME KERNELS

OC up to 1.6Ghz
OC Kernel based on Netarchy's overclock parameters

Stock Kernel
Stock Kernel with CIFS/TUN/VOODOO modules

Note, either kernel can be flashed directly onto Prime with no need to remove any modules beforehand. The install scripts add or remove modules as required.

The source for the OC Kernel is available as always from my github

Last edited:

scar45

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 17, 2006
Awesome stuff Roach! Thanks a bunch for your hard work...

I will be updating my PCB Blue theme as soon as I get a chance too!

Reactions: bwells88

aligatro2010

May 30, 2010
Once again, Thank you! Can you also release nvflash bins like you did the last time. I am dual-booting with ubuntu and have no CWM partition, so the easiest for me would be to use nvflash. Or how can I tweak this update file, so it doesn't overwrite recovery partition when I will update from booted 1.6 ? Thanks.

Oh and I made a torrent again. :p

Attachments

• Prime_v.1.7_final.zip.rar
    18.2 KB · Views: 186
Reactions: amerikian

tanguita

Aug 2, 2010
Once again, Thank you! Can you also release nvflash bins like you did the last time. I am dual-booting with ubuntu and have no CWM partition, so the easiest for me would be to use nvflash. Or how can I tweak this update file, so it doesn't overwrite recovery partition when I will update from booted 1.6 ? Thanks.

Oh and I made a torrent again. :p

+1 interested un the nvflash files as well

Seems I'm the first installing it... ;-)

@Roach2010 Thanks dude. I came from the a rooted DE_8.4.4.11 and as I'm a lazy guy, this ROM is exactly what I was looking for.

Installation via CWM worked easy, the first boot as well. So far everything is running as it should be. :)

Thanks again.

timtlm

Mar 17, 2008
St Louis
After flashing over 1.6,the wallpaper was black, so went to reset the wallpaper, and get force close when setting a wallpaper. Setting a live wallpaper works. I did flash the Xoom icons from the 1.7 beta thread, though.

Roach2010

Sep 1, 2008
Glasgow
After flashing over 1.6,the wallpaper was black, so went to reset the wallpaper, and get force close when setting a wallpaper. Setting a live wallpaper works. I did flash the Xoom icons from the 1.7 beta thread, though.

Might be something to do with the changes I made to the Launcher apk. Try rebooting as that has worked for someone else. Might only be a first boot issue.

I've updated the OP to say a reboot is needed after first run.

Last edited:
Reactions: timtlm

Camaros_Kill

Apr 10, 2010
Does the rom zipaligno n every boot or just the first one? And do i need to wipe if coming from 1.6v1? And while im asking questions, did the 3.2 update change the sd card handling for the tf or is it the same as it was previously? Im not sure i want to update if it switched to the new read only between the two medias

Roach2010

Sep 1, 2008
Glasgow
Does the rom zipaligno n every boot or just the first one? And do i need to wipe if coming from 1.6v1? And while im asking questions, did the 3.2 update change the sd card handling for the tf or is it the same as it was previously? Im not sure i want to update if it switched to the new read only between the two medias

Yes, No and Sort of ;)

It does zipalign on every boot, but only if an apk needs it.

You don't need to wipe but read the OP about changes to framework.

The update added the MicroSD card showing up in windows but you can copy between medias just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    PRIME! v1.7

This is a tweaked stock rom for the Asus Eee Pad Transformer TF101

Special thanks to: CaNsA | Hacre | afm | MoDaCo | dc13 | supercurio | Bumble-Bee | RaYmAn | netarchy | Vividboarder | CurtisBeef​

This rom is a work in progress and all feedback is appreciated. It is build from the stock rom and has a few tweaks added. As always whenever installing any rom, please take care to follow instructions as no one enjoys seeing their prized possesion not working.

Instructions:
    1. Copy ROM to sdcard
    2. Verify the MD5 of the zip on the sdcard, DO NOT FLASH IF THIS DOESN'T MATCH THE MD5 UNDER THE DOWNLOAD LINK!
    3. Boot into clockworkmod recovery
    4. Take a nandroid backup (optional but highly recommended)
    5. Install the ROM
    6. Reboot and wait... The more apps you have installed the longer the first boot will take... Please not that after the lock screen comes up your TF may be sluggish for a minute while the rom initialises.
    7. After a successful restart, you can change the default power mod if desired.

Due to changes made in the launcher for 1.7 you might get a black background after the first boot. The wallpaper picker may also force close. A reboot will sort this problem out.

Rom Details:
    Android 3.2
    GPS - V1.5.0
    WiFi - V5.2.53
    Bluetooth - V6.19
    Kernel - 2.6.36.3
    Build - HTJ85B.prime_epad-1.7-20110804
    MobileDock Firmware- EP101-0209 (Prompts for install after first boot if required)

See the second post of this thread for the changelog and optional extras including kernels.

Download Links: - Main Rom (You need this one)

PRIME! v1.7 - Alternate Link - Alternate Link 2 - Alternate Link 3

Torrent Link - Thanks Aligatro and WoodburyMan

MD5: c30c353e61d89c94437c3218723908c6

NVFLASH VERSION - Includes CWM 3.2.0.1

http://www.sdx-downloads.com/devs/roach2010/ROMS/prime1.7.tar.bz2
    MD5: 35b5add545a775e932ec5b44e7653c9a

Previous versions:

See this thread

WMV Patch

I've discovered that the netflix library patch breaks WMV support. Here's a patch to put back the original library and to re-enable wmv support. Also the netflix library seems to have the undesirable effect of process locking the /system folder so it cannot be remounted and as such is always in rw mode. I suspect that this may be a bad thing in the long run for I/O.

WMV Patch - Breaks Netflix
    Changelog

Changelog:
    v1.7
    Based on 8.6.5.6-20110728 Honeycomb 3.2
    Everything fom previous versions
    Compass calibration fault fixed - Thanks Dexter. I owe you one.
    Zipalign on boot
    CWM 3.1.0.1 Recovery included confirmed working with Keyboard Dock
    Google Maps updated to 5.8.0
    Google Music updated to 3.0.2
    New backgrounds added
    Netflix patch added
    AnyConnect libs added

For older changelog see here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=15191789&postcount=2

ROM EXTRAS

Power button mods

These mods give you either a reboot or reboot to recovery option when you long press the power button.

SHUTDOWN and REBOOT power button mod - Alternate Link - Alternate Link 2 - Alternate Link 3
    MD5: d54e2954f0a220839aac661934b02841

SHUTDOWN and RECOVERY power button mod - Alternate Link - Alternate Link 2 - Alternate Link 3
    MD5: c6d03c140cb40b93025f1600bba68e18

REBOOT and RECOVERY power button mod - Alternate Link - Alternate Link 2 - Alternate Link 3 - (included in rom)
    MD5: 9a90986be2e0d00f634c4d5c03b4c6c4

NEW! REBOOT, RECOVERY and SHUTDOWN power button mod - This works best with a dock since the soft buttons don't work but putting the tablet into standby and back will act as a cancel button (Unless the tablet is locked when you long press) - If you're not sure what I mean then try it anyway and you can always change the mod if you don't like it.
    MD5: 82e87a982767ddb4baf0184612d70ec0

PRIME KERNELS

OC up to 1.6Ghz
    OC Kernel based on Netarchy's overclock parameters

Stock Kernel
    Stock Kernel with CIFS/TUN/VOODOO modules

Note, either kernel can be flashed directly onto Prime with no need to remove any modules beforehand. The install scripts add or remove modules as required.

The source for the OC Kernel is available as always from my github
    Also Reserved for me

Also reserved for me
    OK, I've had a lot of good feedback, thankyou to all who took part. The only 'issues' so far seem to be related only to individuals rather than there being any major fubar in the rom. I'm just doing some final optimisations and should have the 1.8 links in a new thread tomorrow.

I haven't done any of the other power mods as I don't think the cancel button is needed any more. If you gather a posse and come after me with pitchforks demanding that I make a particular option I may reverse my decision.

If you don't have a dock the reset dialog can be canceled with a double press of the power button as long as you are not on the lock screen when you long pressed power. If you did that you are a dumbass and your punishment is that you must reboot your tablet.
    Hi

While awaiting my transformer and looking for the best ROM,
    can some one tell me if this ROM/Kernel support voltage control with PIMPmyCPU or SETCPU?

I'm working on an OC kernel today since Asus dropped the source for their WW 3.2 release this morning. ;)