[Q] which headsets are compatible with IDEOS?

Search This thread

Schrauff

Mar 17, 2012

Attachments

• minijack4pin.jpg
    minijack4pin.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:

alex1301

Sep 11, 2011
Nuremberg
Xiaomi Mi 11
My father and me will modify the stock headset. We will cut the jack with a bit of the cable an solder it on the PCB with the mic and the button. Then we will solder a bush on the other side of the PCB, so we can use other headphones, like in-ears.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

VuDuCuRSe

Dec 11, 2010
If you the read the whole thread you'll see that not al 4connectors jacks work with U8800. That's the whole point of this thread!
Buy with caution.

yrxe

Dec 10, 2011
I have searched for compatible earphones for our phones.
Tested MH-650 (Sony Ericsson) it really works! mic also.
then went to their official site and found compatibility list which meas the same is for us:

Partial functionality – call handling and/or music handling: Blackberry 8520 Curve, Blackberry 8900 Curve, Blackberry 9000 Bold, Blackberry 9105 Pearl 3G, Blackberry 9300 Curve 3G, Blackberry 9520 Storm2, Blackberry 9700 Bold, Blackberry 9780 Bold, Blackberry 9800 Torch, Blackberry 9900 Bold, HTC ChaCha, HTC Desire, HTC Desire HD, HTC Desire S, HTC Desire Z, HTC HD7, HTC HD Mini, HTC HD2, HTC Legend, HTC Nexus OneHTC Sensation, HTC Smart, HTC Tattoo, HTC Wildfire, LG GT540 Optimus, LG GW620, LG Optimus 2X, Orange San Francisco, Palm Pre 2, Samsung Galaxy 551, Samsung Galaxy Pro, Samsung Galaxy S, Samsung Galaxy S II, Samsung Galaxy Mini, Samsung Galaxy SL, Samsung Galaxy Tab, Samsung Nexus S, Sharp AQUOS SH80F

Don't know is this list 100% compatible at least Sony claims it fits their phones with partial functionality- don't know what they mean saying this...

Other models from ericsson that should fit:
MH-610
MH-700
MH-710
MH1

Also I am thinking to buy from ebay MH-500 kit and use any other headphones I have with the cable that is in this kit for sale. I believe those earphones in the kit are completely rubish so just use the cable. :)

Last edited:

valsam

Oct 3, 2011
Just tested my sisters Sony Ericsson MH-410 from neoV and everything works properly,ff,rw,mic,now i am waiting to see if anyone knows if the MH 500 will work so i can put a pair of proper earphones on it!

kariofillis

Apr 30, 2012
Kavala
I just bought the Sony MW600. I have to say it is amazing. I am using the stock rom 2.3.5 No issues so far. Plus, because of the 3.5 output, it can be connected to any hi-fi system so that you can stream music to it, through bluetooth, from any mobile or tablet or computer. It is amazing guys :)

Reactions: silverlining

Sanningr

Jun 6, 2011
I bought the Sennheiser PMX 680i headset without knowing that they are made for Iphone. The sound was distorted and low quality in general. I saw this thread and i made a converter that swaps the mic and ground pins but that didnt work either. Can i make this work or should i sell the headphones?

VuDuCuRSe

Dec 11, 2010
Of course they should work, it's only 4 basic pins, all you need to know is the right order.
Most certainly, you made your adapter with the wrong pins...

Sanningr

Jun 6, 2011
This is the pinout for Iphone headsets:

ipodiphoneav-review-5.jpg

So basically i just have to reverse the mic and ground pins. I don't believe that i did that wrong, cause i checked with a multimeter the connection. They were right, and i didn' t have any short circuits.

silverlining

MW600 is so cool! Works awesomely with Aurora ICS. For some reason on the gingerbread it doesn't show track titles and has some issues showing contact when calling, but otherwise it's on point.
Only problem I have the wires for the headset are very thin, I dread them cutting internally very soon.

VuDuCuRSe

Dec 11, 2010
MW600 seems nice but it's too damn expensive. Do you know a place where they're cheaper and that ships to Europe/Portugal?

valsam

Oct 3, 2011
I bought from ebay sony headphones MH - 410 for 6$ and they are very good and have loud bass and with android app jays headset i have full contol such as next track,volume up-down,everything!

baggino

Jan 28, 2011
I bought from ebay sony headphones MH - 410 for 6$ and they are very good and have loud bass and with android app jays headset i have full contol such as next track,volume up-down,everything!

if you get called when you listen to music control button to answer with headset?
:rolleyes:

pikachukaki

Jan 27, 2012
Thessaloníki, Greece
i buy this (The red one) but it didn't work if you see the jack is the same i can't understand what is wrong the sound is low and with distruction and the key just boost the sound a bit...i also try the headset from lumia 710 and it didn't work..but those who i buy work...what the hell jack input put on the phone?

Attachments

• IMG_20120529_210840.jpg
    IMG_20120529_210840.jpg
    281.5 KB · Views: 91

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'd like to buy new headset for my IDEOS. Should I look for any specific features/keywords in headset description or any set with mic will be good replacement for original one?
    If you're interested in Bluetooth (a2dp) headset, look no further than Sony MW600. I'm using it for a few months and the sound is superb. Make sure you upgrade to a custom rom with android 2.3.5, as froyo has some bitrate issues over a2dp.
    The wired headsets that came with the phone dont work on my laptop well but are cool with the handset.
    I tried optimus one wired headsets which works perfectly on my laptop but failed on this set.
    What might be the problem?

there are 2 types of 3.5 mm jacks and our one is not the commom one ( atleast thats what i learned )

i have tried my blackberrrys and my friends samsung and motorola headsets , they r not compatible with x5 - the sound is irritating . but these headphones work very well on pc . while the nokia headphones r compatible with x5 ( using that currently bec in box x5 headphones r qualitatively very cheap ) but they dont work on PCs .
    but i think the music headsets like skullcandy , philips etc work on all the 3.5 mm jacks but remember they dont have mic .
    i guess it might clear ur doubt . lemme know when u try some bec i am also planning to buy some descent bass headphones .
    I just bought the Sony MW600. I have to say it is amazing. I am using the stock rom 2.3.5 No issues so far. Plus, because of the 3.5 output, it can be connected to any hi-fi system so that you can stream music to it, through bluetooth, from any mobile or tablet or computer. It is amazing guys :)