[Q] HTC One; Need Assistance Restoring/Recoverin Phone (Will pay via Paypal for help)

Search This thread

tekneekz

Jan 31, 2014
Baltimore
Hello XDA-Developers,

I've been a reader here for awhile now learning things about the android development for my devices and used many of your all members TUTs, but now i have came across a big issue that has broke my phone and need assistance getting it back online to be used with my carrier again. Below I'll explain my situation of what happen and what I need to be done so I can use the phone again or least get it back to factory stock so I can get a new phone... I will also offer someone $5-10 via PayPal for the assistance if you can help me get my phone back to the condition needed.

To start it off, I purchased a phone off a guy on craigslist, a AT&T HTC One M7 (Model: PN07120), when I purchased the device it was unlocked so I could use it on my carrier that was the reason I purchased it because I'm with T-Mobile. When I purchased the phone i went to setup the device to my needs and requirements and after two days of having the device, I noticed that the phone still had the previous owners information stored and was setup based on him, so because I didnt know the phone was rooted or anything, I googled how to factory reset my phone, so that way I could set it up to my wants, and requirements and below I'll explain the steps i'm at and what it is doing...

1. Searched google for the how-to method to factory reset my phone...
2. Went to 'Settings App', Backup & Restore, Reset Phone, Erase everything, Selected OK.
3. Followed the steps, phone rebooted..
4. Loaded up to the HTC (green logo) screen and stayed there...
5. Waited a few moments, phone never powered 100% back online just stayed at the HTC welcome logo when you first power phone back on.
6. So then I did the Boot Menu steps, (Hold Powerkey + Volume Down) to get into the boot menu,
7. When I got there it loaded to the boot manager window and I clicked FASTBOOT
8. Loaded new menu/logo "twrp" logo, then went to a menu "team win recovery project v2.6.3.3" with the list of options: INSTALL/WIPE/Backup/Restore/Mount/Settings/Advanced/Reboot.
9. I went to reboot to try to least get the phone booted, then when I was in the option to reboot, it gave me the warning of "No OS Installed", Continue without OS?"
10A. If I selected yes, it told me Install SuperSU, for root, otherwise phone wont be rooted.
10A1. I tried doing INSTALL SUPERSU did nothing..
10B. Did without installing SUPERSU and did nothing too, just when I boot comes back to this same menu Team Win Recovery Project.

So it seems I bricked my device as what everyone calls it to what I believe, I am unsure though or unsure how to fix this. I need to get the device either back to factory resetted to like the device comes out the box, so that I can use it, or what to do to get it back rooted successfully and working to be able to use the phone like i could at first.

I tried contacting the buyer but hes ignoring me now that I told him he told me the device wasnt rooted but the device was rooted and i seemed to have a major problem happen trying to restore the phone to factory defaults to set it up to my requirements...

My concerns and want is..

- My Carrier is T-Mobile USA LTE - So, I would have to get the device to stay UNLOCKED so I can still use the device on my carrier: T-Mobile, as it is a AT&T HTC One M7 Unlocked (Was working fine on my T-Mobile Sim prior to me trying to factory reset, besides the phone was named to the original owner and had all his settings and customizations that i didnt like or want.

- I NEED to get the phone back in a working condition. So please I'm really asking for your help I tried searching a couple articles here but couldnt find anything related to my situation.. This is why I am offering a payment for someone to be able to successfully restore my device back to working condition. Please help me!

- NOTE: When plugged up to the computer via USB Cord it did not connect or anything also. I also did not perform a backup because I didnt need any information that was currently on the device because it was the content and settings of the original owner i bought it from so I wanted to clear it all and set it up to my own.

- Overall, my phone is messed up because I tried factory resetting the device not knowing it was rooted, during the process found out it was rooted and now seem to have a bricked phone and need to know how i can fix it, and get android OS back installed, as it tells me there is NO OS installed when I reboot or try booting the device, and it remains at the HTC Bootlogo when powering it on without holding the power + volume down key to access a boot menu to perform a reset, install, etc, Like I mentioned I just want to restore my phone back to working condition even if that means to have to root the device again, etc. All I'm asking for is someone to either help me with each step or to write a step by step what I would need to do to recover and restore my phone.

Phone: HTC one m7 (AT&T)
Computer; Windows

Thank you,
PM or respond here.

TopoX84

Apr 8, 2008
Mill Creek, WA
Don't worry you device is not bricked...

Google Android Revolution HD 41.0 for HTC one. Download that ROM.

Second you will have to install android SDK to be able to access adb.exe and fastboot.exe...

Now once you installed the SDK move the ROM ARHD to where adb.exe is located.

run command prompt "CMD" from your computer until you are in the folder where you have you adb.exe

Now on your phone get into recovery TWRP and select advance, in advance the is an option called adb sideload click on it and at the bottom slide the button to initiate that mode.

Back to the computer in which you should be in CMD type command "adb devices" and make sure your device shows up. After successfully seen your device there type "adb sideload file-rom.zip and press enter, make sure the file-rom.zip is the exact name of the ROM you are trying to push into the phone.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

Reactions: tekneekz

tekneekz

Jan 31, 2014
Baltimore

Second you will have to install android SDK to be able to access adb.exe and fastboot.exe...

run command prompt "CMD" from your computer until you are in the folder where you have you adb.exe

Now on your phone get into recovery TWRP and select advance, in advance the is an option called adb sideload click on it and at the bottom slide the button to initiate that mode.

Back to the computer in which you should be in CMD type command "adb devices" and make sure your device shows up. After successfully seen your device there type "adb sideload file-rom.zip and press enter, make sure the file-rom.zip is the exact name of the ROM you are trying to push into the phone.

Where can I find this stuff I need to download? I tried doing a search and got a different version, Android Revolution HD 51.0, but could you please link me to the stuff I need to download on my computer, etc?

tekneekz

Jan 31, 2014
Baltimore
Okay I've done the steps you've instructed to me and I'm stuck at after launching the sideload feature on my phone; then going back to the computer and running 'adb devices' and under "List of Attached Devices" there isn't anything listed yet, and the phone says "Starting ADB sideload feature..." is the last line, I'm stuck with what to do...

I downloaded android SDK
downloaded the ROM
moved the ROM to the sdk folder where adb.exe and fastboot.exe are
launched adb sideload feature under advanced on mobile device
went back to the computer and ran, 'adb devices', and list of attached devices is none...
so I'm back at being stuck.

Last edited:

TopoX84

Apr 8, 2008
Mill Creek, WA
Hey again,

Okay I downloaded the android SDK, and I'm downloading the correct ROM now to install. Only questions I have for you is the following...

1) You said to move the ROM to where adb.exe is at... What do you mean by this? I don't have that file on my computer...

Where do I move it too once I have the android SDK downloaded and the rom downloaded...

Follow this video

http://android.mobilenicheapps.com/tag/android-sdk-installation

tekneekz

Jan 31, 2014
Baltimore
Follow this video

[/url]

I watched the video and got all of that working and checked based on the video and made sure all was installed, now i'm just still stuck at where you instructed me to do 'adb devices' after launching adb sideload under advanced on mobile, i did that, and i get

List of devices attached...
<nothing>

Then goes back to where I can type another command...

The phone itself screen is on the adb sideload feature, and in the textbox thing, shows the following

Updating partition details...
Starting ADB sideload feature...

then has a Cancel button underneath and then a loading bar underneath that... am I doing something wrong? or missing something?

tekneekz

Jan 31, 2014
Baltimore
Do you have HTC manager installed? If so uninstall it but leave the HTC drivers.
Which windows you are using as well ?

HTC Manager = no
drivers = i dont know.

Note: I never had the phone plugged up to my computer before when it was working. I had just purchased the phone off of craigslist and the guy didnt inform me it was rooted or anything just that it was unlocked and worked on tmobile and when i got it it had all his info on it so i factory resetted it and it messed everything up as you can see.

So, I dont believe i have anything drivers installed and i know when i plug it up, there are 4 things windows says installing/etc, and only the first one says completed the other 3 fail.

I am using Windows 7.

You help me get my phone back in working condition I will personally paypal you $20.

TopoX84

Apr 8, 2008
Mill Creek, WA
HTC Manager = no
drivers = i dont know.

Note: I never had the phone plugged up to my computer before when it was working. I had just purchased the phone off of craigslist and the guy didnt inform me it was rooted or anything just that it was unlocked and worked on tmobile and when i got it it had all his info on it so i factory resetted it and it messed everything up as you can see.

So, I dont believe i have anything drivers installed and i know when i plug it up, there are 4 things windows says installing/etc, and only the first one says completed the other 3 fail.

I am using Windows 7.

You help me get my phone back in working condition I will personally paypal you $20.

Go to this website and download the HTC sync manager

http://www.htc.com/www/software/htc-sync-manager/

Once installed go to control panel > programs and uninstall a program... Look for the HTC sync manager and uninstall it, but leave the htc drivers alone.

Connect the HTC one to the computer and wait for the drivers to install automatically... After they are successfully installed try to run the CMD adb command adb devices

tekneekz

Jan 31, 2014
Baltimore
Do you have HTC manager installed? If so uninstall it but leave the HTC drivers.
Which windows you are using as well ?

Okay so I've done all that and after doing what you said, plugging the phone up to the computer everything installs besides the HTC MTP driver when the phone is plugged in. I still tried doing adb devices from cmd prompt to check and that didnt work still, no devices listed.

TopoX84

Apr 8, 2008
Mill Creek, WA
I answered your PM and awaiting for you to pop back up online... I also sent you a PM with some details and also wanted to let you know TV is installed.

was a tough little driver... well the solution as we saw was that instead of trying to make recovery detect the drivers.... what needed to be done first was let fastboot detect drivers "android 1.0" and once that was done... the previous error was gone.

tekneekz

Jan 31, 2014
Baltimore
TopoX;

You know this guy right here is clutch in my book.... He actually walked me through step by step, customizing how i needed it, fixing everything, and getting it back up and even though we had to do alot of modifications on my computer-end, him with TeamViewer literally fixed my phone, upgraded my laptop, and got my phone running better then normal and actually showed me how to do everything and taught me things I didn't know how to do with these Android Phones.

I am now very happy and thankful of XDA-Developers for allowing me to get this assistance and for having a great community with members like TopoX who literally saved my ass and restored my phone back to working condition and fixed my laptop all together, even though I was a brand new member with hardly any posts and not really much background, anyone else wouldn't of wasted their time... but he helped and even was up until 3AM ish doing it with me to make sure I got it back to exactly how I wanted...

We had to get the HTC MTP Driver installed correctly which kept failing/getting code error 10 (Unable to start) which if you google the issue it seems ALOT of people get this issue, and we resolved it by fastbooting and letting it install Android 1.0 itself, then manually updating my pc with windows updates and getting rid of the junk to stop corrupting and failing the drivers needed, then getting everything needed to flash my phone and re-root the device getting everything back in a working condition, unlocked, got that done and now phone is working better then before...

I'm currently running Team Win Recovery Project, ARHDOne-61.0 Google Play Edition, Rooted, SuperUser and Unlocked.

I personally wanna thank TopoX for everything he did and dedicating his time to helping resolve the issue for me.

was a tough little driver... well the solution as we saw was that instead of trying to make recovery detect the drivers.... what needed to be done first was let fastboot detect drivers "android 1.0" and once that was done... the previous error was gone.

Reactions: TopoX84

tekneekz

Jan 31, 2014
Baltimore
If anyone is trying too get in contact with "djay1127", please contact me on this user, my original first account djay1127 I can no longer access the account as I set it up with my Google account, gplus login, and I can no longer access that email, it's closed out. So I created a new account with my main email account and username.

I plan to contact a admin after doing some searching to discuss getting my old account removed, and the posts and crap merged into this account instead...

Regards.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hey again,

Okay I downloaded the android SDK, and I'm downloading the correct ROM now to install. Only questions I have for you is the following...

1) You said to move the ROM to where adb.exe is at... What do you mean by this? I don't have that file on my computer...

Where do I move it too once I have the android SDK downloaded and the rom downloaded...

Follow this video

http://android.mobilenicheapps.com/tag/android-sdk-installation

HTC Manager = no
    drivers = i dont know.

I am using Windows 7.

Go to this website and download the HTC sync manager

http://www.htc.com/www/software/htc-sync-manager/

Once installed go to control panel > programs and uninstall a program... Look for the HTC sync manager and uninstall it, but leave the htc drivers alone.

Connect the HTC one to the computer and wait for the drivers to install automatically... After they are successfully installed try to run the CMD adb command adb devices

TopoX;

You know this guy right here is clutch in my book.... He actually walked me through step by step, customizing how i needed it, fixing everything, and getting it back up and even though we had to do alot of modifications on my computer-end, him with TeamViewer literally fixed my phone, upgraded my laptop, and got my phone running better then normal and actually showed me how to do everything and taught me things I didn't know how to do with these Android Phones.

I am now very happy and thankful of XDA-Developers for allowing me to get this assistance and for having a great community with members like TopoX who literally saved my ass and restored my phone back to working condition and fixed my laptop all together, even though I was a brand new member with hardly any posts and not really much background, anyone else wouldn't of wasted their time... but he helped and even was up until 3AM ish doing it with me to make sure I got it back to exactly how I wanted...

We had to get the HTC MTP Driver installed correctly which kept failing/getting code error 10 (Unable to start) which if you google the issue it seems ALOT of people get this issue, and we resolved it by fastbooting and letting it install Android 1.0 itself, then manually updating my pc with windows updates and getting rid of the junk to stop corrupting and failing the drivers needed, then getting everything needed to flash my phone and re-root the device getting everything back in a working condition, unlocked, got that done and now phone is working better then before...

I'm currently running Team Win Recovery Project, ARHDOne-61.0 Google Play Edition, Rooted, SuperUser and Unlocked.

I personally wanna thank TopoX for everything he did and dedicating his time to helping resolve the issue for me.