[Q] ROMs using JustArchi's optimizations

Search This thread

DJ_MuTeD

Jun 13, 2012
Hello
I was wondering if there are any Nexus 4 ROMs using JustArchi's optimizations (link). I did my best to compile OmniROM with these fixes, but I am not very experienced with Android development.

Reactions: joelcool69

r0gger

Feb 16, 2013
Looks like our devices are too fast to use these "insignificant" compiler optimizations :D

I'll give my 5 cents these days to try compiling it..

Cheers

Last edited:

Gaja93

Jan 5, 2014
Belgrade
+1 for this thread.. I asked just the same thing in the general Q&A thread and nobody answered.. I'd like to see CM, ParanoidAndroid...etc.. built with ArchiDroids optimizations..

joelcool69

Jan 10, 2012
Like to see that too!

I've been searching for a rom with f2fs support + JustArchi's optimizations. Can be possible? :confused:

joefso

Aug 2, 2007
I created a topic earlier here

i can tell from personal experiences, its mostly placebo, tried archi´s rom on my gs3, and aside from the fact that the google camera dosent crash after first shot(witch occors on alot of roms ,even official cm, again on my s3), the rom is same speed, if not less than official cm. (on my s3 i9300)

Nevertheless, there are other statements that say it is faster, we can only know for sure if we benchmark this and find someone willing to compile a rom. Perhaps @legolas93 is willing to be so kind?

Last edited:

opssemnik

Account currently disabled
Jun 10, 2013
GB
meettomy.site
I created a topic earlier here

Nevertheless, there are other statements that say it is faster, we can only know for sure if we benchmark this and find someone willing to compile a rom. Perhaps @legolas93 is willing to be so kind?

yeah i saw those,luck for them, thats why best rom threads are not allowed on xda, people get different results on their devices :p,i plan to compile aosp with those just to test on the n4, but i doubt i will :/

jayRokk

Jan 12, 2012
Rack City
No one is going to try this anytime soon.
The code is no where near perfect and it sets up an environment where there is a lot of room for errors which will result in VERY bugy, glitchy, crashing Roms.

The code is really sloppy and so far only JustArchi is the only one that has successfully used this in a ROM with out error.

There is still a lot of going back and forth in whether this really works since android isn't 90% thumb

All this is good for is benchmark scores. Just like F2Fs its all placebo in real world performance.

With a quadcore 2 gig phone... You're not missing much.
Legecy devices will benefit in the least from this.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Last edited:

r0gger

Feb 16, 2013
First build is ready!

It is mako-userdebug.
I used Linaro toolchain(JustArchi's link) and JustArchi "JustArchi's ArchiDroid Optimizations V3" - https://github.com/JustArchi/android_build/commit/d8cc50d2472e497b431b5652516c9248ad7f3947
It is without Gapps (so PA Gapps must be used).

Build Env :
Debian GNU/Linux testing (with make downgraded from 4.xx because AOSP lunch require this).
AOSPA soruces 4.4.2_r1 used for the build.
No ART patches! ART will fail if you try using it.

Will test this today on my phone, and if successfully boot, I'll post a link for the ROM.

p.s : From back these days, where people find that AMD64 arch is here, Linux builds started to optimize the speed of your GNU/Linux for your specific CPU (Gentoo for example, or Debian GNU/Linux moved from i386 to i686 and after that to AMD64). Well, the tests and builds performance charfs finished with this : improvement of the speed was was something like 0.6/0.9% ... So in the real world reality do not expect much from this!

Regards ...

Edit:1

Boot failed :D
Next time, I'll enable the proprietary drivers in the build.
Currently new build is running with enabled prop drives settings like:
Source:http://nosemaj.org/howto-build-android-nexus-4
To use these proprietary files, comment out this line in device/lge/mako/full_mako.mk:
#PRODUCT_RESTRICT_VENDOR_FILES := true

Cheers!

Last edited:
Reactions: joefso

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello
    I was wondering if there are any Nexus 4 ROMs using JustArchi's optimizations (link). I did my best to compile OmniROM with these fixes, but I am not very experienced with Android development.
    First build is ready!

It is mako-userdebug.
    I used Linaro toolchain(JustArchi's link) and JustArchi "JustArchi's ArchiDroid Optimizations V3" - https://github.com/JustArchi/android_build/commit/d8cc50d2472e497b431b5652516c9248ad7f3947
    It is without Gapps (so PA Gapps must be used).

Build Env :
    Debian GNU/Linux testing (with make downgraded from 4.xx because AOSP lunch require this).
    AOSPA soruces 4.4.2_r1 used for the build.
    No ART patches! ART will fail if you try using it.

Will test this today on my phone, and if successfully boot, I'll post a link for the ROM.

p.s : From back these days, where people find that AMD64 arch is here, Linux builds started to optimize the speed of your GNU/Linux for your specific CPU (Gentoo for example, or Debian GNU/Linux moved from i386 to i686 and after that to AMD64). Well, the tests and builds performance charfs finished with this : improvement of the speed was was something like 0.6/0.9% ... So in the real world reality do not expect much from this!

Regards ...

Edit:1

Boot failed :D
    Next time, I'll enable the proprietary drivers in the build.
    Currently new build is running with enabled prop drives settings like:
    Source:http://nosemaj.org/howto-build-android-nexus-4
    To use these proprietary files, comment out this line in device/lge/mako/full_mako.mk:
    #PRODUCT_RESTRICT_VENDOR_FILES := true

Cheers!