[Q] 4.4.2 Stock Recovery

Search This thread

dragancla

Feb 2, 2011
Bucharest
OnePlus 7 Pro
Hey guys!

I saw last week that I had an OTA notification to update to 4.4.3 (currently running 4.4.2 KOT49H). I downloaded it and when I rebooted to install I figured out that I had TWRP 2.7 installed and that I couldn't install OTA updates with a custom recovery :(

So, I'm asking, is it possible to flash stock recovery back with odin and then install the OTA? And can someone please direct me to where I could get the stock recovery for 4.4.2?
All I've found in restoring the recovery is flashing a factory image (which would completely wipe my device), but hopefully that's not the only way :)

Thanks!

dragancla

Feb 2, 2011
Bucharest
OnePlus 7 Pro
Hey guys!

I saw last week that I had an OTA notification to update to 4.4.3 (currently running 4.4.2 KOT49H). I downloaded it and when I rebooted to install I figured out that I had TWRP 2.7 installed and that I couldn't install OTA updates with a custom recovery :(

So, I'm asking, is it possible to flash stock recovery back with odin and then install the OTA? And can someone please direct me to where I could get the stock recovery for 4.4.2?
All I've found in restoring the recovery is flashing a factory image (which would completely wipe my device), but hopefully that's not the only way :)

Thanks!

EDIT: Nevermind, found everything I needed with Unified Android Toolkit. If anyone needs the stock recovery, here it is: http://www.mediafire.com/download/1x5zbfo426lc0x5/recovery-stock-kot49h-razor.img

Now, another thing disturbs me: when I tried to update, it just showed me an icon with a broken down Droid and the text Error! beneath it. I'm not soft-bricked or anything, just that I couldn't update. Could it be because I flashed another kernel?

Last edited:

Pirateghost

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 24, 2010
androidninjas.com
Razor is the 2013 model. You might want to mention that before people here download your link and ruin their grouper or tilapia....

Why wouldn't you just download the stock images straight from Google? You didn't need to downgrade anything and you don't use Odin with a nexus....

Sent from my Nexus 5

GedBlake

Jan 5, 2013
Ashton-under-Lyne, Manchester, UK
EDIT: Nevermind, found everything I needed with Unified Android Toolkit. If anyone needs the stock recovery, here it is: http://www.mediafire.com/download/1x5zbfo426lc0x5/recovery-stock-kot49h-razor.img

Now, another thing disturbs me: when I tried to update, it just showed me an icon with a broken down Droid and the text Error! beneath it. I'm not soft-bricked or anything, just that I couldn't update. Could it be because I flashed another kernel?

Possibly...

Any modifications you may have made to your Nexus 7 (other then rooting and a Custom Recovery installed) will almost certainly cause an OTA to fail... as an OTA first runs a checksum verification test on all system files to ensure they are the original system files.

If they've been modified by the user, they cannot be 'patched', ie. updated... so the OTA aborts with no changes made.

Anyway... you really should be posting your question(s) here...

http://xdaforums.com/nexus-7-2013

...as the Razor recovery you posted clearly identifies your device as a second generation Nexus 7(2013), and as @Pirateghost points out, posting that recovery in this forum could potentially mess up other peoples devices, if they were to flash it.

Rgrds,
Ged.

Last edited: