[REQ]Volume rocker HOLD to Change track.

Search This thread

malibu_23

May 18, 2007
Chicago
The ones in the market are unreliable. Would love to know how to do this on a stock odexed rom.
I paypal handsomely for any dev work on this. Ive seen the mod on a deodexed N5 rom but would like to stay stock.
I have zero problems. just miss this ability. PM me for pricing for your hard work.

tutorials accepted too!!!

damage98

Jun 29, 2012
You should root. Takes 5 minutes max. Then install xposed and gravitybox. This info is free ;)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

malibu_23

May 18, 2007
Chicago
Well in an rooted/unlocked. but i use ART. Which in unfortunately xposed doesn't support.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

skttrbrain

Jun 22, 2013
I really don't think you can do this reliably without being rooted and using Xposed. You'll need to weigh up whether you value the minor speed increase you get opening apps with ART up against the features Xposed will give you. Honestly, I think it's a no-brainer, as for example, GravityBox does exactly what you want for free.

Calkulin

Recognized Developer
Sep 3, 2008
Samsung Galaxy S21+
How much is handsomely??? :confused: Jokes aside, this should work if you're using ART since it doesn't use the odex files anyways and it includes the advanced reboot options also. Just flash the zip in recovery

Attachments

• Calkulin's_Advanced_Reboot_with_Volume_Key_Track_Skip_for_Nexus_5_Stock_4.4.2.zip
    254.2 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

malibu_23

May 18, 2007
Chicago
How much is handsomely??? :confused: Jokes aside, this should work if you're using ART since it doesn't use the odex files anyways and it includes the advanced reboot options also. Just flash the zip in recovery

Expect a donation if this works bro. Can't flash till i get home. But Thx in adv!!!

malibu_23

May 18, 2007
Chicago

Yes! perfect! And the reboot power menu is icing on the cake! Thank u sir! Check your donation box!

Last edited:
Reactions: Calkulin

malibu_23

May 18, 2007
Chicago

Looks like the latest update to google play music 5.4 N broke your mod you coded for me. was wondering if you could update it for me. I'll gladly pay again for your services. Looks like they added a "play next" to the player and it doesnt recognize the volume hold to change now.

4.4.2 stock ART
You also included the reboot menu which was also very helpful.

soadzoor

Sep 8, 2012
I flashed the zip, but it doesn't do anything if i hold down either volume button. Neither have the extended power menu what did i do wrong?

malibu_23

May 18, 2007
Chicago
I flashed the zip, but it doesn't do anything if i hold down either volume button. Neither have the extended power menu what did i do wrong?

I believe it's configured for ART. Enable that and see if it works. The latest Google play music update seems to have broken the hold volume when screen off to change track feature though.

malibu_23

May 18, 2007
Chicago
Not sure what happened. But this morning while connected to my Bluetooth head phones the hold to skip function works fine. Guess it only works when head phones are attached. Good for me

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yes! perfect! And the reboot power menu is icing on the cake! Thank u sir! Check your donation box!