[Q] Sprint HTC one states NO OS

Search This thread

ali-rkfd

Sep 22, 2012
I have read many pages for hours for this phone and tried every thing as suggested but no luck with re installing the OS.
Can not use RUU, flash zip or sideload all comes back with errors.
only thing works is TWAR
Please direct me towards the correct post.

C:\htc\OneDrivers_Fastboot\Fastboot>fastboot getvar
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.56.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 1.00.20.1108
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main:
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno: FA37SS915114
(bootloader) imei: 99------------------45
(bootloader) meid: 99------------------4
(bootloader) product: m7_wls
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0720000
(bootloader) cidnum: SPCS_001
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4332mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-4dab9d12
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.051s

ali-rkfd

Sep 22, 2012
Flashing error

I made a recovery before i try to install a custom rom. me being new to this must have not follow the TWRP directions and erased the complete SD card with recovery file.
then I try re-loading the stock rom with RUU tool but it never wrote then try the fastboot flash as zip no luck
tried the side loader does not work.
sorry i did not wrote down the errors, if you like i can run a suggested tool to record an error.
thanks for your help

Be specific: what did you flash? What was the error?

ali-rkfd

Sep 22, 2012
error running sideloader

here is the error running One tool and side loader

* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
error: device not found

C:\htc\tools\One_All-In-One_Kit_v\data>
:crying:

I made a recovery before i try to install a custom rom. me being new to this must have not follow the TWRP directions and erased the complete SD card with recovery file.
then I try re-loading the stock rom with RUU tool but it never wrote then try the fastboot flash as zip no luck
tried the side loader does not work.
sorry i did not wrote down the errors, if you like i can run a suggested tool to record an error.
thanks for your help

cschmitt

Feb 24, 2012
Please help me understand , how i downloaded the info, if i did not had the drivers: :confused:

Are you using twrp 2.7? I've read that requires updated drivers for adb to function. It's definitely an issue with the connection.

What does adb devices show?

Last edited:

ali-rkfd

Sep 22, 2012
I updated the drivers.
the PC states waiting on device and the phone states starting ADB sideload feature

ali-rkfd

Sep 22, 2012
C:\htc\tools\One_All-In-One_Kit_v\data>fastboot devices
FA37SS915114 fastboot

C:\htc\tools\One_All-In-One_Kit_v\data>adb devices
List of devices attached

No device shows up?

cschmitt

Feb 24, 2012
FA37SS915114 fastboot

List of devices attached

No device shows up?

Is there an unknown device in Device Manager when you connect the phone in recovery? if so, go into Android SDK Manager, scroll down to Extras and check the box for 'Google USB Driver'. That will install the driver needed for ADB access in recovery.

If you don't have SDK Manager, I zipped up the driver for you: here

If that driver doesn't work try the Galaxy Nexus Driver here

Last edited:
Reactions: ali-rkfd

ali-rkfd

Sep 22, 2012
Thanks for correct directions, it was my driver when i changed to nexus all worked fine. I have loaded the stock ROM, but now I have locked screen i cannot unlock the main screen.

cschmitt

Feb 24, 2012
Thanks for correct directions, it was my driver when i changed to nexus all worked fine. I have loaded the stock ROM, but now I have locked screen i cannot unlock the main screen.

Good, there are different hardware ids for fastboot, recovery, and rom so different drivers need to be installed for each.

Is the touchscreen not working? I don't understand what you mean.

cschmitt

Feb 24, 2012
i sideloaded the stock rom, now i am stuck at htc logo? any suggestions

What version of the stock rom? Touchscreen firmware was updated in 4.2, so depending on the rom version, you'll need to upgrade/downgrade firmware, or flash the stock rom that matches your current firmware.

ali-rkfd

Sep 22, 2012
I have tried many stock roms found on this forum via sideload, no help , than I try to use RUUstock.zip but it fails the signature? tried many different RUU but same failure that signature does not match, please send me to correct direction again. Thanks

cschmitt

Feb 24, 2012
I have tried many stock roms found on this forum via sideload, no help , than I try to use RUUstock.zip but it fails the signature? tried many different RUU but same failure that signature does not match, please send me to correct direction again. Thanks

You cannot flash an unsigned RUU zip because your device is S-ON.

Go to this post, read and follow the instructions under How to use to download and install the stock, signed RUU: Sprint_HTC_One_m7wls_4.06.651.4_RUU.zip

ali-rkfd

Sep 22, 2012
One more thing I did try this method but it also failed because my current version shows nothing? and I get error which mean wrong RUU. I think I need to flash the correct firmware before I restore the RUU.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FA37SS915114 fastboot

List of devices attached

No device shows up?

Is there an unknown device in Device Manager when you connect the phone in recovery? if so, go into Android SDK Manager, scroll down to Extras and check the box for 'Google USB Driver'. That will install the driver needed for ADB access in recovery.

If you don't have SDK Manager, I zipped up the driver for you: here

If that driver doesn't work try the Galaxy Nexus Driver here
    I got the firmware flashed correctly, but when i run the ARUWizard.exe i get an error that side by side configuration error, any other suggestion . thanks

The 'side by side configuration error' is a Windows problem. You'll need to Google a solution to that, usually involves installing one or more Visual C++ Redistributable packages, or try a different computer.
    You are the Man, I got my phone back to normal, you were correct again it was my computer... Now I have new issue, my phone is locked and asking about unlockcode? I did not locked the phone, it must have happened when I was installing wrong roms.... any new suggestion, I am going to do a research how to remove password.....