[Q] What are firmwares, CSC, kernels etc..

Search This thread

raziel54

Mar 30, 2013
Hi, I'm planning on flashing a custom rom and I don't know a thing about customization, it would be greatly appreciated if anyone could explain those things? Thanks! :fingers-crossed:

efaustino84

Feb 13, 2013
Harare
Hi, I'm planning on flashing a custom rom and I don't know a thing about customization, it would be greatly appreciated if anyone could explain those things? Thanks! :fingers-crossed:

very vague question so difficult to provide you with an answer
how ever
have a read through the forums and you will learn about what those are and how to flash them and how they work together

raziel54

Mar 30, 2013
Sorry, just a newbie here, but thanks for your reply.

Can I ask you where I could get this stock rom? I am planning on getting CM11 but I wanted to have a contingency plan first. 1399563360387.jpg

Sent from my GT-I8190 using XDA Free mobile app

prototype74

Aug 3, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini

Can I ask you where I could get this stock rom? I am planning on getting CM11 but I wanted to have a contingency plan first. View attachment 2732544

You can get original stock ROMs from : sammobile.com/firmware

Type on dailer *#1234# to see your current AP, CSC and MODEM version. Notice or note your AP,CSC and MODEM version (you need it if you want your original firmware back)

If you want your original stock ROM back then go to http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/2/ type your noticed version in the fields (PDA, CSC, MODEM) and download it. done! :)

Check Screenshot!

Note : you need a SamMobile account for downloading firmwares

Attachments

• 1399564230131.jpg
    1399564230131.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 43
Reactions: raziel54

raziel54

Mar 30, 2013
Thanks! One more question, I have read that the kernel also changes when I flash CM11, if I would like to revert to Stock do which file is the kernel? Is it the PDA, CSC or Modem? I'm now downloading my stock rom from sammobile thanks to you!

prototype74

Aug 3, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini
Thanks! One more question, I have read that the kernel also changes when I flash CM11, if I would like to revert to Stock do which file is the kernel? Is it the PDA, CSC or Modem? I'm now downloading my stock rom from sammobile thanks to you!

In PDA :)
if you install a custom recovery example TWRP or CWM then you're able to backup your current Stock ROM and safe it on your PC, laptop or external SD card till you want it back ;). If you want your Stock ROM back then you can simple restore it via custom recovery :)

Note : a backup of the Stock ROM take very often more than 2GB!

Good luck with flashing ;)

Reactions: raziel54

raziel54

Mar 30, 2013
Thanks! Does installing cwm requires rooting?

raziel54

Mar 30, 2013
Bro, I just rooted my phone and installed twrp, it came with busy box with smart install in it, what does it do?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Can I ask you where I could get this stock rom? I am planning on getting CM11 but I wanted to have a contingency plan first. View attachment 2732544

You can get original stock ROMs from : sammobile.com/firmware

Type on dailer *#1234# to see your current AP, CSC and MODEM version. Notice or note your AP,CSC and MODEM version (you need it if you want your original firmware back)

If you want your original stock ROM back then go to http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/2/ type your noticed version in the fields (PDA, CSC, MODEM) and download it. done! :)

Check Screenshot!

Note : you need a SamMobile account for downloading firmwares

In PDA :)
    if you install a custom recovery example TWRP or CWM then you're able to backup your current Stock ROM and safe it on your PC, laptop or external SD card till you want it back ;). If you want your Stock ROM back then you can simple restore it via custom recovery :)

Note : a backup of the Stock ROM take very often more than 2GB!

Good luck with flashing ;)