How to disable "data saver" mode on Maxx in 4.4?

Search This thread

reyxlp

Sep 20, 2005
Does anyone know how to disable "data saver" mode in 4.4?

(I'd also be psyched if there was a way to automatically download all email attachments over mobile data.)

If anyone knows how to do this and has a minute to share, greatly appreciated -- thanks!

opt05

Apr 20, 2012
Wichita
cwlarson.com

(I'd also be psyched if there was a way to automatically download all email attachments over mobile data.)

If anyone knows how to do this and has a minute to share, greatly appreciated -- thanks!

I don't think the Maxx has a built in data saver mode. Is something appearing in your notifications window? Also, for the email attachments, are you referring to the email client or gmail?

reyxlp

Sep 20, 2005
I don't think the Maxx has a built in data saver mode. Is something appearing in your notifications window? Also, for the email attachments, are you referring to the email client or gmail?

No, I can't stand GMail. I'm using the stock Android mail app.

It mentions a "data saver mode" in various situations.

For example, if I try to email a large attachment, it tells me it will remain in the outbox until Wi-Fi is available because of "data saver mode."

Another example, whenever someone sends me an email with an attachment, I always have to open the email and then manually download the attachment.

I have unlimited data and am rarely on WiFi so I'm looking to turn off this "data saver mode" so everything will download automatically so when I open an email the attachment will already be there.

Or when I need to email with a large attachment the "data saver mode" won't make it wait in the outbox until I can get get to Wi-Fi.

And anyone willing to help me figure this out, please don't tell me to switch to GMail or use K-9, etc. I really hope to figure this out using the stock client by disabling "data saver mode."

Any hhelp appreciated - thanks!

opt05

Apr 20, 2012
Wichita
cwlarson.com
No, I can't stand GMail. I'm using the stock Android mail app.

It mentions a "data saver mode" in various situations.

For example, if I try to email a large attachment, it tells me it will remain in the outbox until Wi-Fi is available because of "data saver mode."

Another example, whenever someone sends me an email with an attachment, I always have to open the email and then manually download the attachment.

I have unlimited data and am rarely on WiFi so I'm looking to turn off this "data saver mode" so everything will download automatically so when I open an email the attachment will already be there.

Or when I need to email with a large attachment the "data saver mode" won't make it wait in the outbox until I can get get to Wi-Fi.

And anyone willing to help me figure this out, please don't tell me to switch to GMail or use K-9, etc. I really hope to figure this out using the stock client by disabling "data saver mode."

Any hhelp appreciated - thanks!

Ah, now I understand where you are coming from. There is a whole Data Usage section that manages that under Settings > Account Name (see attached)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-07-11-40-24.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-07-11-40-24.png
    139.3 KB · Views: 1,048

reyxlp

Sep 20, 2005
Ah, now I understand where you are coming from. There is a whole Data Usage section that manages that under Settings > Account Name (see attached)

Thanks for the quick reply.

Yeah I know that screen.

I have download size set to max and auto download enabled but still have the issues I mentioned at the start of the thread.

reyxlp

Sep 20, 2005

See attached screenshot for the nonsense I'm referring to

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-11-18-11-46.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-11-18-11-46.jpg
    224.5 KB · Views: 552

artlesszebra

Jan 20, 2015
Ever figured out?

My husband is having this same issue. He tried to download a pdf and gets this error. I've been doing research, but haven't found anything helpful.