Discussion Thread for CyanogenMod 11/12 (Android 4.4.x KitKat & 5.0.x Lollipop)

Search This thread

MuSaddiq

Aug 24, 2013
Hello, sorry if it is asked again. Can I get the link to download the CM11 ? No problem! Found it ..

prati0100

Jan 20, 2014
Found a workaround for incall ui not showing

I faced the problem of incall ui not showing during incoming call. Now I don't know if you guys already know about it but as I didn't see it mentioned it anywhere so I am gonna share it.

When there is incoming call, the screen is blank but touch actually works and you can accept or decline calls by swiping right or left. But if you swipe up for the reject with message option, the incall ui shows up. Hope I helped.

kaushikb.1996

Mar 28, 2013
Hyderabad
Nokia 8.1
I faced the problem of incall ui not showing during incoming call. Now I don't know if you guys already know about it but as I didn't see it mentioned it anywhere so I am gonna share it.

When there is incoming call, the screen is blank but touch actually works and you can accept or decline calls by swiping right or left. But if you swipe up for the reject with message option, the incall ui shows up. Hope I helped.

Its known issue, it shows up after 5-10 seconds

Hit Thanks If I Have Helped You

ouazmir

Jul 19, 2014
addons

1. i can take Photographs but i can't record (It's has a bug) :)
2. CM doesn't support FM Radio (even the official one) :p
3.Mine isn't restarting like that (maybe you have installed something's not supporting) .. :silly:
4.It supports EXT Partition ..(using S2E with a partitioned sdcard) :laugh:

:fingers-crossed: the last information was helpfull "using S2E with a partitioned sdcard". becouse link2cd does't work weth my cd cart partition:good:
-- tell me please what kind of partition its better for S2E ext3 or ex4

---------- Post added at 02:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 AM ----------

other issue in video player (browser player+mx player +youtube player ) :confused: :confused: :confused: stock rom we will back :eek:

kanishkad

Dec 1, 2013
Colombo
Guys can anyone answer this

1) Lets say I have partisioned my 8gb sd card witg cwm

2) I have 512mb external

I want to merge that 512 back into sd, how do I do it ??

And when I partioned it does it show internal memory with 512mb in settings and other places ??

Hit Thanks If I Have Helped You
Try to format sd card from "Mounts & storage" in CWM, I think it merges the two partitions. I'm not sure. You can use a partition editor on PC as well..

Yes, in some places, as the size of the sd card, it shows the combined size. eg: Titanium Backup

I have a 1GB sd-ext & here's how it's shown in Titanium & in Partition Info:

f8b0edf80e55b70e5b6f821e5074dd53.jpg

646afc47236e7bef22fa50458482dc1f.jpg

Reactions: kaushikb.1996

musaxci

Nov 15, 2012
Johannesburg
If I'm using links2sd sd and i want to to get delta updates again, can i do so by just uninstalling links2sd? If not, what else should i do to get delta apps again? I really struggled to set up S2E so my only option was links. I just get the that error on S2E (see screenshot)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-09-17-07-49-16.png
    Screenshot_2014-09-17-07-49-16.png
    59.4 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

DinethIrusha

Jul 11, 2014
FreeCity
OnePlus Nord
:fingers-crossed: the last information was helpfull "using S2E with a partitioned sdcard". becouse link2cd does't work weth my cd cart partition:good:
-- tell me please what kind of partition its better for S2E ext3 or ex4

---------- Post added at 02:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 AM ----------

other issue in video player (browser player+mx player +youtube player ) :confused: :confused: :confused: stock rom we will back :eek:

S2E is using Ext3 Format :) it's better if you formate it as Ext3 :good:

---------- Post added at 01:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 PM ----------

If I'm using links2sd sd and i want to to get delta updates again, can i do so by just uninstalling links2sd? If not, what else should i do to get delta apps again? I really struggled to set up S2E so my only option was links. I just get the that error on S2E (see screenshot)

You can't use two scripts at once...(Link2SD+S2E) so uninstall Link2SD and use S2E :)

---------- Post added at 01:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 PM ----------

Thanks for the tip bro! Clicked "Thanks" Button

kanishkad

Dec 1, 2013
Colombo
S2E is using Ext3 Format :) it's better if you formate it as Ext3 :good:

Actually, that is not quite correct, as Psyke83 has already mentioned in his S2E thread, always use ext4 with S2E.

Most times I hear people talking about problems with /sd-ext, they've used third-party tools (usually MiniTool) to partition the sdcard. I don't know exactly why third-party tools give so much trouble (I always use CWM), but there are several possible reasons why they could be the source of corruption issues. The tool may not be marking the correct partition as primary, or perhaps it formats /sd-ext with non-optimal filesystem flags that ultimately lead to corruption.

My version of the app mounts /sd-ext explicitly as ext4. Due to the way the ext3/4 filesystems work, mounting an ext3 volume as ext4 will cause the filesystem to operate in a hybrid mode where it may appear to be ext4, but it doesn't use certain features of the ext4 filesystem not present in ext3. Running your partition in this hybrid mode could also be the source of your problems. In 2014, there's really no reason to be using ext3.

deadman962011

Apr 21, 2014
fix wifi on cyanogenmod 11

please help me.

how i can fix wifi on my device

Hang when I enter my sim card.

sorry bad english..

Xado

Nov 11, 2012
No it won't break OTAs.

please dont misguide people any changes to the system will surely break OTA updates for example build prop edits and removing apps will also do the same @sameer.n.soni delta updates might download but it wont install or maybe if you also edited the build prop you will not be able to even download the update as the updater wont recognize the device also applying themes dont break OTA updates no tweaks apart from S2E is safe others might give you a bootloop

sameer.n.soni

Jan 1, 2014
Bhilai
please dont misguide people any changes to the system will surely break OTA updates for example build prop edits and removing apps will also do the same @sameer.n.soni delta updates might download but it wont install or maybe if you also edited the build prop you will not be able to even download the update as the updater wont recognize the device also applying themes dont break OTA updates no tweaks apart from S2E is safe others might give you a bootloop

Can I just odex the ROM?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Samsung-Galaxy-Note-8-0-Users-Get-a-Taste-of-Android-4-4-Thanks-to-CyanogenMod-11-414700-2.jpg

For Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 (totoro)

Code:
    * Your warranty is now void.
     * Me / CM / AndroidARMv6 Team are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at any of us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     * Collectively, and at the same time.

Hello everybody.. Our lovely Galaxy Y S5360 (totoro) has been added to official AndroidARMv6 branch and is now running CyanogenMod 11, Android 4.4.4 KitKat. Samsung stopped any further updates for this device and now the devs will develop it further.
    The ROM is stable enough for daily use, this thread is created to have discussions related to CM11 totoro.
    Thanks to all the devs for developing this, lets build together for this device!

About CyanogenMod:

CyanogenMod is an enhanced open source firmware distribution for smartphones and tablet computers based on the Android mobile operating system. It offers features and options not found in the official firmware distributed by vendors of these devices. Get more information on CyanogenMod Wiki.

Brief Information:
    The ROM is stable enough for daily use. Most of the bugs have been sorted out, but some are yet to be fixed. Me and other devs are regularly working on it so don't ask for ETAs and don't ever think of writing to Fix this or Fix that. This thread is only for information and discussion about the ROM. So, it depends on you whether you choose to flash the builds or not. The ROM is now OTA supported and Nightlies are being released.

Whats working, Whats not?:
    If you came here, its your prime duty to go through all the posts and check out whats working whats not OR you can check the DEV thread here.

Links:
    Recovery: ClockWorkMod Recovery v6.0.5.3
    ROM: Latest OTA supported totoro builds.
    Gerrit Code Review: AndroidARMv6 code review.

Installing Instructions: (Its highly recommended to strictly follow the below given instructions to avoid any problems during installation of ROM or Recovery)
    • Download the Recovery from above provided link. Either .zip Or .tar.md5. Your choice.
    • Download the Full OTA build from above provided link.
    • Boot into Stock Recovery and flash the recovery you downloaded (.zip). Or if you have problems with .zip package, you can manually flash the .tar.md5 package via Odin.
    • After flash, reboot into New Recovery.
    • Perform a Full data and cache wipe.
    • Now flash the OTA ROM package, then Reboot.

Version Information:
    OS Version: Android 4.4.4 KitKat
    Based On: CyanogenMod 11
    ROM Status: NIGHTLY

If you liked my work or I have helped you in any way, please press the 'Thanks' button below. :D:D:D
    I see a lot of flaming going on here, so I feel that some clarification is needed.

First of all, this talk of "not having permission" is nonsense. Any code that I have submitted inherits the license of the parent project, and I have not changed any licenses for projects that I forked. I am not withholding anything, and I am not trying to prevent anyone from having access to the code. The androidarmv6 project is a collaborative project in which anyone can participate and contribute.

What I actually requested - as a courtesy - was for users not to test the Jenkins builds yet.

The Jenkins build server is owned by my friend @erikcas (one of the original androidarmv6 founders), and he graciously allows its use by myself and the other core members of the team. The server is used to provide stable builds for supported devices to the public, but it is also used by developers to test code changes (i.e. the android-experimental or submission-test builds). Normally, these builds are usually focused on testing only one specific change. The build can be completely broken apart from the one change that needs to be tested... and for a developer, that's no problem. We know what to expect from a particular build - what should work and what shouldn't. However, when random users start flashing these builds, without any knowledge of the functional status the build has, things can be chaotic.

It takes >3 hours to run a build on my laptop (and my machine becomes practically unusable during that time). Jenkins can do the same job in forty minutes... and this greatly helps me with development. But what I don't like is that it exposes all of those builds (that are clearly not ready for wider usage) to the public.

If I didn't explain it well enough, here are some more reasons not to flash builds from Jenkins:
    • Because you'll piss me off. This is my hobby... something done in my free time for a bit of fun (and practice with programming). When you start ignoring my instructions/requests, and start spamming my PMs or development topics with silly questions, it just makes me want to stop working on the project altogether. Have some respect for your developers, please.
    • You're wasting Jenkin's server bandwidth. The test builds are only supposed to be downloaded once by the developer to test a specific change.
    • Builds are extremely unstable and not ready to be used. Even if you get it working and it doesn't damage your phone, you will be severely disappointed in performance and features.
    • Basic features are not working, such as telephony and audio. Someone once tried to blame me for not being able to call an ambulance in an emergency situation (they had flashed one of my alpha builds for another device in which I specifically warned that the microphone was broken).

Having said all that, I'm not going to lose sleep if people ignore my requests and test the builds - as long as such talk is kept here in the general thread.
    A reminder: unannounced experimental builds that you may see on Jenkins are made by and for developers alone, and are definitely not suitable to be flashed by users. The cm12 totoro build from today doesn't install or boot, and I expect many future builds will be the same, so don't waste your time with it.

Also, a reminder of some things you shouldn't do (now or ever): don't ask for ETAs, don't spam the dev thread, and don't PM me asking for information that isn't on a public post.

There are many things that need to be fixed for armv6 devices. I've sorted out the major issues specific to Broadcom hardware, but there are more important issues that need solving for ARMv6 devices in general that are being working on by several people (assembly errors, ART compatibility, build system integration, etc.). It's going to take time. Thanks for your understanding.
    You better buy Galaxy Ace 3. The price is dropped. My sister bought the phone for $150.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

I would agree with this sentiment in general. Nobody should willingly buy an ARMv6 device, especially considering that you can get newer budget devices with ARMv7 chipsets for reasonable prices. $150 still seems too expensive to me, though. Perhaps it's harder to get bargains on prepay phones in the USA compared to Europe. As an example, Vodafone were selling their Vodafone Smart III for €40 recently (and I missed that offer, unfortunately).

I didn't even buy the Galaxy Y that I use for development - it was left abandoned in a field! My sister happened to stumble upon it, and later gave it to me. When I managed to get it working (as it originally refused to turn on or charge, possibly due to water damage) I decided to develop CM11 on it just for a bit of fun.
    News: tonight's OTA now includes the new wifi driver (with further stability improvements over the version that was in the experimental build). If you're still testing the experimental build, I recommend that you switch back to the regular OTA build.

Please keep an eye on wireless functionality and let me know if there are any problems with the new driver. Thanks.