[Q] Paranoid Android 4.4.2 nav bar

Search This thread

remcor2000

Oct 11, 2010
I just flashed my I9100 with the latest beta5 PA4.
As my home button is dying I was wondering if I could install a on screen navbar separately.
Maybe its already integrated in the i9100 rom as its with the original Nexus versions, but couldnt find it. (thats why I am trying here :p)

Hope anyone can help me out, thanks in advance!!

keithross39

Aug 22, 2012
Oxford
To the best of my knowledge, a built in nav bar has never been available as standard for the S2. If you flash a custom kernel that is compatible with an app called stweaks, you will find a nav bar option within the app......
As an alternative, you could try this standalone app.....
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mrbimc.udn.lite
All it needs is a rooted phone.
I REALLY would advise you to get that button fixed.....there WILL come a time when you are going to need it.....and at that point an onscreen nav bar is going to be about as much use as a chocolate teapot.....
Eg/ phone is bootlooping, and you need to access recovery or download with the button combo.....ain't gonna happen with a broken home button......

Sent from my Markox powered KitKatted S2

andrewwright

Feb 19, 2013
east
At the bottom of build.prop put this..
#softkey mod
qumu.hw.main key=0
Save and reboot.
Not sure about pa roms but this should bring up the stock nexus nar bar. But Keith is right and you should listen because you will need home button one day :thumbup:

Last edited:

remcor2000

Oct 11, 2010
Thank you for your replies, I never thought about the fact going into recovery requires the button as well...
Might just fix it after all :D

keithross39

Aug 22, 2012
Oxford
Good choice mate, but I hope the phone is under warranty, because here is the kicker.....
The way Samsung designed the phone, to replace the home button, you have to remove the screen, and no two ways about it, removing the screen WILL break it.......

Reactions: andrewwright

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    To the best of my knowledge, a built in nav bar has never been available as standard for the S2. If you flash a custom kernel that is compatible with an app called stweaks, you will find a nav bar option within the app......
    As an alternative, you could try this standalone app.....
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mrbimc.udn.lite
    All it needs is a rooted phone.
    I REALLY would advise you to get that button fixed.....there WILL come a time when you are going to need it.....and at that point an onscreen nav bar is going to be about as much use as a chocolate teapot.....
    Eg/ phone is bootlooping, and you need to access recovery or download with the button combo.....ain't gonna happen with a broken home button......

At the bottom of build.prop put this..
    #softkey mod
    qumu.hw.main key=0
    Save and reboot.
    Not sure about pa roms but this should bring up the stock nexus nar bar. But Keith is right and you should listen because you will need home button one day :thumbup:
    Good choice mate, but I hope the phone is under warranty, because here is the kicker.....
    The way Samsung designed the phone, to replace the home button, you have to remove the screen, and no two ways about it, removing the screen WILL break it.......