Star 9500 soft bricked problem

Search This thread

fatcarrotcake

May 11, 2014
Greetings all,

This is probably in the wrong section, so apologies for that.

I had a working Star 9500 china clone phone mtk 6589 1.2 with a gig of ram and with a 1280 x 720 5'' display it was a totally usable jelly bean phone.

However I rooted it and put CMW recovery on it, and I was using an old sd card that had previously been used in a tablet which also had a clockwork mod folder and I have inadvertently recovered that tablet image to my phone, no big deal, but I can not get to recovery with any button pushing sequence. (probably as the tablets recovery wiped over my CWM).

The phones boots to a silly android man which normally the eyes light up and he takes off, but then the phones displays a red screen bar down the middle of the display and then powers off and back to the red display, I have the scatter file and flash exe but the phone will not hold at any boot level to get a win 7 driver to recognize it, so I guess a lesson learned, new phone - always format your sd card. Will probably see if any smashed screen units appear on eBay and swop out the mobo. This was really if any one had a miracle cure and would a usb jig work on this to hold some kind of bootloader state. Great site been reading since buying a magic in 2008.