How to turn my European HTC One to a Thai HTC One?

Search This thread

sam.z

Oct 10, 2010
Hello,
I bought a new HTC One (M7) in Switzerland for a Thai friend. When I turn on the phone, I can select a language in the list of the pull-down menu. The Thai language is missing in this list and I would to add this language.

1. Can I get the Thai language if I flash the phone with a firmware using ODIN?

2.a Which firmware should I use to get the Thai language, and where to download it? I would like to use the HTC official firmware, this one pre-installed in HTC One sold in Thailand.
2.b Same question for the Samsung Galaxy S4.

3. If I understood the guide below, a hard-reset* will not reset the phone to the original HTC firmware pre-installed on the phone when I bought it. Isn't it?

* After flashing the phone with another firmware.

http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/what-is-meant-by-firmware-stock-custom-roms-and-flashing-guide/

Thanks in advance and regards.

Last edited:

davebugyi

Mar 16, 2010
Bratislava
www.myspace.com
ODIN? Is not that for Samsung? Not working with HTC.
But flashing a different ROM will solve your issue.
Point 3 is correct.
Though i don't think that official firmware for a different region can be flashed without modifying a couple of things in the phone. AFAIK you need S-OFF because of the CID and change it to a different one than current or to SuperCID.
CID stands for Customer ID. HTC implemented this check to prevent flashing other region firmwares. For example, if you have a phone which CID belongs to Singapore, you normally can't update ROM from other region like EURO/USA/CHINA etc. You've to use same region firmware. Remeber that, SIMLOCK is not related to CID, if you sim unlock a phone still you may not be able to flash other region ROM. But unlocking tools like XTC, HXC etc does CID unlock too as well as SIM unlock. To Determine your phone's CID I've made a small script. Download getcid.rar from attachment, extract, connect the phone to Computer in Fastboot Mode, run getcid.bat. It'll show phone's current CID.

In my opinion it's better to unlock the phone, flash custom recovery and flash a stock custom ROM (official).
I think WWE ROMs have Thai (see screenshot), if I'm correct.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-21-09-33-08.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-21-09-33-08.png
    134.1 KB · Views: 43
Last edited: