Upgrade to WM2005 + compact framework 2.0

Search This thread

freeck

Nov 22, 2006
After a lot of trouble I finally succeeded in installing WM2005 on my SPV c500.
Background of this is that I also want to install Compact framework 2.0 and do some development.
However after the installation of CF2.0, restarting of the gsm results in a hang up when the sim-code has to be input....
After a while an Windows error message occurs ...asking me to send de error log to MS, which has no use because WM2005 is an illegal version...

Has anyone any idea what's the cause of this, or better knows the solution to this problem?

niska

Mar 27, 2006
Hi...
where did you find the rom ? The Typhoon folder on the ftp is *emtpy* ...

/johnny

freeck

Nov 22, 2006
I stop wasting my time trying to upgrade to WM5. WM5 for this gsm is very unstable.
Lots of succes to everbody.

acha11

Jan 10, 2007
I'm in the same boat as Freeck, but I really need to solve this problem if at all possible. Does anyone have any information or leads at all on why installing .NET Compact Framework 2.0 on ronswens' WM5 (on Typhoon obviously) causes cprog.exe crashes on the next reboot? Even if it's just background info or a "you're doomed, ha ha ha!", it'd be helpful at this point :) .

Thanks in advance!

fone_fanatic

Aug 4, 2005
Central Texas
Download the last version of SPV-Service client from here.
Extract all the files from archive to some folder on the PC and run SPVServices.exe (press OK on the phone when it ask to install TyphoonNBFTools.dll).
Click 'CID Tool (Alpha)' on the left and press [Set CID = 11111111] on the right. Wait untill it's done.

When i open SPVServices.exe it just opens up this app on my pc that says RAPI INIT OK or something like that, but no prompt on the phone to install TyphoonNBFTools.dll