Golden Motorola Xoom

Search This thread

arrtoodeetoo

Dec 31, 2010
What would be cool is if they didn't waste money plating them in gold and didn't give them to people who have a ton of money. How about giving XOOMs to regular users instead?

randytheshiv

Sep 18, 2010
What would be cool is if they didn't waste money plating them in gold and didn't give them to people who have a ton of money. How about giving XOOMs to regular users instead?

lol that's foolish. it's priced nice and high so no average joe can have it. it's also priced high so motorola can make some sort of profit from it; god forbid.

arrtoodeetoo

Dec 31, 2010
Problem is most Android users are average joes. If I wanted something to make me look 'above average' and 'elite', I would buy an iPad. Android is for everybody.

If Moto has that mentality, they're marketing to the wrong crowd.

muyoso

Oct 23, 2007
Problem is most Android users are average joes. If I wanted something to make me look 'above average' and 'elite', I would buy an iPad. Android is for everybody.

If Moto has that mentality, they're marketing to the wrong crowd.

Average joes can wait a couple weeks and pick one up when its on sale. They are commanding a premium because they are the first out the door. Once other tablets hit, you will see this price correct downwards VERY quickly. Trust me, I am sure Motorola did some research into just how much they could bilk out of early adopters to maximize initial profit. They pretty much chose the perfect price point for that. Also, when later Motorola adjusts the price downwards, the Average Joe types will feel as though they are getting a better deal because of the initial high price point and will probably be more willing to spend slightly more than they would otherwise because of the "deal" they are getting.

socomdark

Sep 7, 2010

the way i see it. giving xooms to regular users wouldnt market much. word of mouth spreads better when there is someone in the spotlight. millions of people follow celebrities and if the celebrities talk about the product they got then alot more people would know about it rather than a person that only 20 people know.