[Updated Sep 13]Blue Waves v1.2 for SPB MS 2.1.2 - 320x320 screen support added

Search This thread

ldostang

Apr 2, 2008
Laredo, TX
09/13/2008 - Added Support for 320x320 Screens - Download below

09/07/2008 - Added Support for 240x240 Screens - Download below

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

blue-waves-Stang.jpg

Featured on Touch-Innovation.com...http://www.touch-innovation.com/skindetails-13/

This theme is for QVGA 240x320 screens.
Theme is optimized for Portrait mode but also supports Landscape.

09/07/2008 - Added Support for 240x240 Screens - Download below

Theme was updated using SPB MS 2.1.2 but also works with 2.1. Status icons are still slightly misaligned on lancher, mru and contacts page.

Theme includes analog and digital mode using spb ms options to select which you want to use. now screen includes 5 mru buttons. Theme includes 3 contact pages which can be accessed using the tabs on the bottom when u get to the contacts page. contacts page tab labels can be personalized to Personal, Business, Friends or whatever you want editing the xmls or using the SPBMobileShell.txt file. Now, Launcher and all contact pages include status icons. (as i stated before, i like to have quick access to status icons)

08/31/2008 - Changes include
1. Added all day appts to the now screen.
2. Not as much memory usage as before.
3. Added a theme that includes only 1 contacts page with 16 contacts.
3. Replaced the battery file to the one posted here by Phonatic. operator icons is one that goes from red to yellow to green, depending on the signal strength.
5. Added color theme based version. (See below)

4 different layouts included in download.
1. 3 Contact Pages-Close Tab
2. 3 Contact Pages-MRU Tab
3. 1 Contact Page-Close Tab
4. 1 Contact Page-MRU Tab

Download files here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KB6RSFDF
or here: http://www.touch-innovation.com/upload/568278366.zip

Please read the readme.txt file included to setup the theme.

Update for calendar on now screen:
Download the file below if you want ur setup to include the calendar on the now screen. When i made this theme, i made a change to the now screen to show upcoming all day events. but when doing that it wont show the calendar at all or appts if you have no appts within 7 days. if you want ur setup to show the calendar, download the file below and copy the qa_layouts.dat file from the layout u want to use.

I would like to thank luiggi, gagaza, greatbal, and mkates for their themes and edits that i used to study to create my first theme from the default skin.

I would also like to thank beyondinvisible for his great weather graphics.

Please feel free to do whatever you want with this theme.

Attachments

• BlueWaves240x240.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 621
  • BlueWaves_320x320.zip
    754.3 KB · Views: 765
Last edited:

ldostang

Apr 2, 2008
Laredo, TX
Color Theme Based Backgrounds

1.) BlueWaves Default background
Theme_BlueWaves.jpg

2.) Greatbal's Diamond background
Theme_Diamond.jpg

3.) SPB MS2.1.2 Original background
Theme_Original.jpg

Read the readme.txt file included to use these backgrounds.

Last edited:

mtkates

Jan 29, 2008
Yukon
Nice work LdoStang. Very creative layout. I'm going try it out tonight.

Last edited:

jaxf250

Dec 11, 2004
FL
Very nice LDO... super job. Really has all I want on the NOW screen and the 3 contact pages is a must... thanks for making this for the xda community et al...

ldostang

Apr 2, 2008
Laredo, TX
Thanks to everyody for the comments. Any comments, criticism or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Hope u all like my theme.

Is it possible just to have three tabs and eliminated the X tab

I never close my now screen

Thanks,
legolus

I would never close my now screen before either until i started using rumball's animated weatherpanel skin. (which is awesome by the way.)

I was actually thinking of doing different layouts, like mru tab instead of close tab or eliminate the fourth tab entirely and just leave 3 tabs. all depending on comments.

ahmedfikry

Jun 13, 2007
Thanks to everyody for the comments. Any comments, criticism or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Hope u all like my theme.

I would never close my now screen before either until i started using rumball's animated weatherpanel skin. (which is awesome by the way.)

I was actually thinking of doing different layouts, like mru tab instead of close tab or eliminate the fourth tab entirely and just leave 3 tabs. all depending on comments.

Hi

Great Work & thanks for sharing
please make it with 3 tabs only & remove the close button....maybe home in middle, laucher on left & contacts on right

thanks again

Techie87

Jul 28, 2008
this skin realy rocks :)

i realy like the 5 shortcuts to the most used programs on the home page :O now i can lock my phone easily ;)

thanks for this great skin :)

bouzoubaa

Jun 27, 2008
guys.... please do offer VGA variantions for your themes .... I like so many themes out there but none is VGA .... you're leaving us alone guys :(

mdavid727

Nov 9, 2007
Awesome theme - Great Work - but on the now screen my carrier "verizon wireless" runs into the clock- how can I fix this? Thanks again.

Attachments

• Screen01.jpg
    Screen01.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:

mdavid727

Nov 9, 2007
I searched and found a little program called personalizer 2.0 - which let me change the carrier name - now it just says VZW! Thanks again!

ldostang

Apr 2, 2008
Laredo, TX
Hi

Great Work & thanks for sharing
please make it with 3 tabs only & remove the close button....maybe home in middle, laucher on left & contacts on right

thanks again

Will do. actually its how it started. my avatar still dispalys the theme still in the middle stages with the tabs the way u r requesting. have to work now so will do mods later this afternoon.

Is that a square screen on your post? This would be a great 320x320 theme!

this theme currently only works for qvga 240X320 screens.

Very nice. Thanks. Does it fit for landscape layout? :confused:

Yeah it does have landscape working. forgot to mention it in the details. will fix the post.

is it possible to get this in like a diamond them? i like the layout and the icons.

well actually, my idea was to do a different layout because as much as i like the diamond look too, i like to change looks every now and then. maybe after mods and colors i plan to do, i can try something out to implement diamond into it.

guys.... please do offer VGA variantions for your themes .... I like so many themes out there but none is VGA .... you're leaving us alone guys :(

i have never done a vga theme but do want to make it vga available because i want to get a vga device.

Great Work! :)

This Theme use 5,5/6MB of RAM ...
how to reduce it? Other themes use 4MB or lower.

need to check on that. will get back to u.

I searched and found a little program called personalizer 2.0 - which let me change the carrier name - now it just says VZW! Thanks again!

glad u found a fix for it.

Savok

Jul 15, 2008
Jacksonville, FL
Absolutely awesome theme. I have been trying to find a replacement for the Diamond (good theme, but time for a change) and this one sent all the right signals. I wanted to change some aspects though, I will be loosing the close button and adding an mru tab instead. The extra mail icons on the contas and program tabs will go as well.

Look for a post later today or tomorrow!