Same old LG tricks. Video autofocus breathing issue is back

Search This thread

Znuf

Jun 10, 2008
Sion
It's more an open or a closed problem?

I mean, with cyanogen, the problem could be fixed or not?

katamari201

Oct 18, 2011
I've seen this issue on so many LG phones now. Waiting for an update or worse, waiting for a third party to fix it, just simply terrible. How can something so blatantly wrong pass QA and be released, over and over and over again? If it was fixed on an older phone, why does a newer one have traces of it? Even if it doesn't have the problem on launch day firmware, I am really iffy about the rest of the phone's camera capabilities and phone features in general. Such a large corporation like LG continues to act like a small Chinese no-name phone knockoff operation with bad software that completely ruins the hardware.

vaxick

Dec 17, 2007
Interesting, but considering every review unit is using beta software, I wouldn't jump to conclusions on this one.

MaxLG

Oct 30, 2013
Use other camera apps

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
I wait for an update of course.
But so far I use the beta focal.apk ( Play store)
It makes a total pieceful video! No breathing focus.
Try also Super camera or snap camera.

Howie Dub

Apr 13, 2011
So this auto-focus breathing has been really bugging me and I've been testing practically every single camera/video recorder app out there. Finally found an app that I think works better than Focal. It's called, coincidentally, lgCamera.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=rubberbigpepper.lgCamera&hl=en

The thing with Focal is that you have to make sure you change your screen timeout before you use it. Otherwise, your screen will turn off while recording and mess it up. lgCamera, by default, has focus set to auto, but not continuous auto, which is what appears to cause auto-focus breathing. When I set focus to continuous mode in lgCamera, it does the same thing as the stock camera.

A couple of minor issues. First, everything is setup for landscape orientation, although videos appear to record in portrait as well, although pictures aren't (but using this more for video). Second, when returning from the gallery, you get a black screen, although switching back and forth with camera mode fixes that issue.

Hope this can tide people over until LG fixes this issue.

Last edited:

woof123

Dec 10, 2012
Can you not be so rude. It's a forum for helping. You found something and all I asked you was to add a link that will help a lot of people.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

Truth my friend is,that you didnt search before you ask.This is why he answered this way...Its not like there are tons of camera mods for this phone.There are only 2 and both are in the frond page of G2 android development.Its not like you need to search a million pages to find them.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can you not be so rude. It's a forum for helping. You found something and all I asked you was to add a link that will help a lot of people.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

Truth my friend is,that you didnt search before you ask.This is why he answered this way...Its not like there are tons of camera mods for this phone.There are only 2 and both are in the frond page of G2 android development.Its not like you need to search a million pages to find them.
    It's more an open or a closed problem?

I mean, with cyanogen, the problem could be fixed or not?

Like my Optimus G pro, a software update should fix it.