New way to install International/T-Mobile 4.4.2 - help needed

Search This thread

graydiggy

Sep 26, 2011
Bryan, TX
Ok guys. I have come up with a method to install 4.4.2 international and T-Mobile ROMs without ADB.

I am using some stuff from @drakeymcmb and @Hashcode

I however need some help.

I will not be doing a tutorial yet because this is not complete.

I used EchoeROM from the International section. It boots and runs fine for the most part.

Bugs I can't figure out how to fix but have ideas for based on fixes from the AT&T S4.

Wi-Fi will not turn on. (I will need @Hashcode to help with that.)
Using the ATT PTA apns works, but is shoddy with LTE.
I ran into one random reboot when opening messaging. Didn't happen after it booted up again.

If you guys could give me a hand. I and the community would love you.

THIS IS NOT AND MAY NEVER BE A FINAL METHOD. DO NOT ASK FOR ETA's. AS OF RIGHT NOW, THIS IS ONLY A PROOF OF CONCEPT.

lildoggs

Jul 16, 2009
New York
Would like to see how this plays out. Good luck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

graydiggy

Sep 26, 2011
Bryan, TX
Thanks.

It involves a combo of Odin and safe strap. Basically the exact process for XRom and Knoxraid. I have not seen any posts or topics about it.so I am fairly confident that we can work together to get more ROMs on our device.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

lildoggs

Jul 16, 2009
New York
Thanks.

It involves a combo of Odin and safe strap. Basically the exact process for XRom and Knoxraid. I have not seen any posts or topics about it.so I am fairly confident that we can work together to get more ROMs on our device.

i found this link and i thought it might help. go to this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2554411 and click on the link that says- Download The second file you need (if flashing international base rom) from this link. its supposed to help with wifi issues and other issues.

Reactions: graydiggy

graydiggy

Sep 26, 2011
Bryan, TX
Thanks. I'll test tonight after I get off of work and post pictures.

graydiggy

Sep 26, 2011
Bryan, TX
Right now I qm working on getting international ROMs to work 100%
after that I will do Tmo

graydiggy

Sep 26, 2011
Bryan, TX
After doing some research. We may also be able to flash Aroma Kit kat Roms. I am getting very excited. Right now I am downloading ROM files on my phone so I will be doing some testing tonight and the rest of this weekend .

graydiggy

Sep 26, 2011
Bryan, TX
Oh yeah. With my testing so far it did not trip.

Thanks for reminding me.

graydiggy

Sep 26, 2011
Bryan, TX
OK guys. Waking up first then gathering all the files/links together for this install method for my one and only tester. I need more testers though. If you are willing to put this install method to the test, please PM me.

This is a warning. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR DEVICE. If you choose to be a tester, that is all on you. Make sure you have a full backup of both your internal and external SD cards somewhere on your computer. I again am not responsible if you lose important data. Make sure that you do this now while I prepare to put this out for testers and testers only.

Right now, you should also download an International 4.4.2 ROM that does not use Aroma for install. I used the EchoeRom for my test.

I would like anyone that wants to test for me to be ready so that we can speed up this process.

Sent from my Nexus 7 2013 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

graydiggy

Sep 26, 2011
Bryan, TX
Files are almost ready for distro. I ran into a problem while testing so I need to extract some stuff from KnoxRaid and build a flashable zip file to be used in SS and package it with the files I will have the testers download. I also realized that you will wipe the internal SD card so MAKE A BACKUP. Any files to be flashed via Safestrap need to be on the External SD.

Sent from my Nexus 7 2013 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

graydiggy

Sep 26, 2011
Bryan, TX
I just cannot get Wifi or NFC to turn on... I have tried building an update package to flash with SS, but it doesn't help... I am going to try a few more things and test some more. I know you guys want this, but I want it working on my end before I start sending it out.

graydiggy

Sep 26, 2011
Bryan, TX
I can only get the ROM to boot...
NFC and wifi will not turn on. I have tried multiple different routes to get them functional, but to no avail. I'm gonna take a break for a bit. Clear my mind and try again. I need a package to fix those and to help save time with setup a package to flash the correct LTE APNs to the phone so users don't have to input them manually.

raman21raman

Jun 9, 2008
home
I can only get the ROM to boot...
NFC and wifi will not turn on. I have tried multiple different routes to get them functional, but to no avail. I'm gonna take a break for a bit. Clear my mind and try again. I need a package to fix those and to help save time with setup a package to flash the correct LTE APNs to the phone so users don't have to input them manually.

try to relfash modem from leaked 4.4.2... for wifi fix....

graydiggy

Sep 26, 2011
Bryan, TX
Tried that. I believe it is the system files. I tried pulling them from KnoxRaid and flashing them. I may just be making bad packages...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok guys. I have come up with a method to install 4.4.2 international and T-Mobile ROMs without ADB.

I am using some stuff from @drakeymcmb and @Hashcode

I however need some help.

I will not be doing a tutorial yet because this is not complete.

I used EchoeROM from the International section. It boots and runs fine for the most part.

Bugs I can't figure out how to fix but have ideas for based on fixes from the AT&T S4.

Wi-Fi will not turn on. (I will need @Hashcode to help with that.)
    Using the ATT PTA apns works, but is shoddy with LTE.
    I ran into one random reboot when opening messaging. Didn't happen after it booted up again.

If you guys could give me a hand. I and the community would love you.

THIS IS NOT AND MAY NEVER BE A FINAL METHOD. DO NOT ASK FOR ETA's. AS OF RIGHT NOW, THIS IS ONLY A PROOF OF CONCEPT.
    Thanks.

i found this link and i thought it might help. go to this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2554411 and click on the link that says- Download The second file you need (if flashing international base rom) from this link. its supposed to help with wifi issues and other issues.
    Cool. Keep us posted. Also let us know if the Knox counter trips

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app