T-Mobile nationwide OTA UPDATE

Search This thread

SmartHat

Oct 9, 2010
will begin tomorrow 11/03 and run till 11/08.

-- just was informed by a T-Mo rep when I called in to request a replacement for my G2...

Rep mentioned it was supposed fix most of the known issues
-radio / freezing issues etc.
+ enable wifi calling
+ HOTSPOT feature (wireless / wired tethering) -- access this Feature by going to -> Settings -> Wireless & Network Settings --> Tethering

UPDATE

The OTA is slowly rolling out across the country...

Manual 'OTA' Update:

(for the impatient)

Download-

Revamped Manual Update Instructions

1- Be sure the file is simply named UPDATE (do not put .zip at the end). --> the file name should be in ALL lowercase letters...this might resolve errors for some
2- Copy the file into the Root (base) folder of your memory card
3- Power Down phone manually
4- Hold down the Volume Down button and power on the phone
5- Scroll up/down using the volume button, highlight RECOVERY & then Press the Power button
6- You'll see the HTC Logo, then will be prompted with a picture of a red exclamation mark w/ a pic of the phone
7- Now press the Volume UP & Power button
8- A menu will 'pop-up'
9- Choose the option to Apply SDcard: update.zip (by pressing the power button)
10- Give the phone about 5 minutes to finish the update, it may (will) reset itself a few times during the update.

'checking in' directions

*#*#CHECKIN#*#*

*#*#2432546#*#*

This will force a checkin for OTA, but its not necessary. All of us G2 owners will eventually get it.

Last edited:

Tatdude806

Aug 10, 2010
Lubbock
will begin tomorrow 11/03 and run till 11/08.

-- just was informed by a T-Mo rep when I called in to request a replacement for my G2...

Rep mentioned it was supposed fix most of the known issues
-radio / freezing issues etc.

Begin 'checking in' tomorrow

No offense, but until I see an official release, it is still rumor... This was the case last time, and people got all fired up for no reason. I don't believe TMO reps about 98% of the time. If it happens then great, hope some folks have logcat running.

chewy106

Aug 16, 2010
Illinois
This makes me chuckle as T-Mobile just replied to my tweet telling me the resets, reboots and other issues are "app conflicts" and a master reset should fix it lmao. Hopefully there is an OTA, I'm on my 3rd G2 and remorse period now, this swapping game is getting old...

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using XDA App

Tatdude806

Aug 10, 2010
Lubbock

~~Tito~~

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 30, 2007
Shoot, I have never been through an OTA, does it erase anything? I hope it comes with a little exploit that grants us root :).

lalalandrus

Oct 31, 2010
i am using a carrier unlocked g2 vision outside the us. any insights on if the RO NAND flash will prevent a manual OTA if the OTA is worth it?

thanks

Bishybob

Oct 4, 2010
If you read the screen carefully it mentions "Several other updates" included.

Excited!!

slinky1914

Oct 22, 2009
SW Oklahoma City
I wonder how this will affect root if at all. Guess I'll wait to here something before applying update. Just in case

scottch699

Mar 23, 2008
I would suggest that people wait to do the OTA so the experts can look at it and give us the go ahead if it is safe and wont ruin the chances of being able to root.... I am however getting a replacement tomorrow for my current phone if the update is available I will do it on the old phone if the new one doesnt already have it... then I will report back.

tankmorph

Jun 28, 2007
St. Petersburg, FL
Before it gets asked...

*#*#CHECKIN#*#*

*#*#2432546#*#*

This will force a checkin for OTA, but its not necessary. All of us G2 owners will eventually get it.

:p