Sweet Armor GNote Bumper & Mugen Extended Battery

Search This thread

badrsj

Jan 18, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Coming from (SGS3 Galaxy S3) - new Note 2 owner
I've tried similar bumper for SGS3 - there is issues of the thing being heavy and adding to the weight of the device.
If the bumper makers had sense - they'd focus on the fit and adding protection - not adding looks/ metal and finish.
Now with extended batteries - the bumpers are a tough fit. Of the several I tried for the SGS3 only one fit.
If anyone knows better please post.

jlczl

Oct 22, 2005
I have the Sweet Armor but no extended battery.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

Daemos

Dec 1, 2005
Looks good...but aluminum will dent if dropped :( so drop the phone your phone might be protected but you need to get a new case :(

\/icious

Jul 23, 2010
Atlanta GA
Ihave a cheap metal bumper with my extended battery. You shouldnt have to worry about denting it but it will reduce signal and gps performance. Im going to mod it and see if I can remedy the issue. The one I bought was only 10 $ but doesnt screw together. I think the screw together versions are better. You should be able to find a cheap Chinese knock off sweet armor on ebay soon enough.

loodeytunes

Jun 28, 2007
I had a sweet armor bumper and the mugen extended for the GNote 1 and they both fit perfectly, hence i asked =) It is indeed a little pricey so it will depend on personal preference, i guess. I have tried cheaper bumpers for the note 1 and none of them look as good as the sweet armor. Of course i understand some would prefer cheaper bumpers but this one has awesome look and finish. The sweet armor on my Note 1 still look as good today as it was on day 1 when i got it. Admitedly, I haven't dropped my Note 1 (thank god) so i cant say too much about the durability though. Not sure about the cheaper bumpers (i havent used them long enough) but definitely no dents/scratches from everyday wear and tear for this one though.

The only problem i had with the Note1 sweet armor though is that i lost a screw once and i had to replace it (it came with 5 extra screws btw) but that was my own negligence (prob a loose screw), never lost another screw after the first one til today =) the fit was awesome for my Note1, never had a reception problem (or not bad enough for me to notice at least). The extra weight wasnt a problem for me (I use a Note1 with the extended battery remember) but i'd think it wont add too much weight to a standard GNote. Just removed the bumper from my note1, and saw no scratch (from the bumper) on the sides of the phone.

PS: I went ahead and ordered one today and already got my shipping confirmation few hours later. I will try to update here with pics when it arrives. If it doesnt fit my mugen extended then i guess i will use it when im using the standard battery (I usually switch extended/standard battery depending on my need at the time). It will take a while cause i was being cheap and chose the cheaper shipping option.

Last edited:

loodeytunes

Jun 28, 2007
Okay just got my bumper in the mail today. Fits perfect even with the mugen extended. Quality is awesome. Only complain I have is the side buttons feel a little loose, no biggie. And of course a lil too pricey. Comes with 3 extra buttons and five screws, loving it. It looks awesome =)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium HD app

jlczl

Oct 22, 2005
Okay just got my bumper in the mail today. Fits perfect even with the mugen extended. Quality is awesome. Only complain I have is the side buttons feel a little loose, no biggie. And of course a lil too pricey. Comes with 3 extra buttons and five screws, loving it. It looks awesome =)

Can you post a pic? I have the sweet armor and am contemplating the Mugen but I'd like to see what it looks like first.

loodeytunes

Jun 28, 2007
Am out atm without my note but sure ill post it when i get home. Ill post the phone + bumper + mugen. Any particular close up u want to see?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using XDA Premium HD app

jlczl

Oct 22, 2005
Am out atm without my note but sure ill post it when i get home. Ill post the phone + bumper + mugen. Any particular close up u want to see?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using XDA Premium HD app

Thanks. A pick of the back and a profile pic would be great.

Kokanee483

Dec 11, 2010
kingston
Sweet bumper but wayyy too pricey considering the chinese are banging the same thing out for $10 a unit.

Still please post pics when yours comes in.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using xda app-developers app

jlczl

Oct 22, 2005
Sweet bumper but wayyy too pricey considering the chinese are banging the same thing out for $10 a unit.

Still please post pics when yours comes in.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using xda app-developers app

I would love to buy several if they are of the same quality. Could you provide a link where these are available for $10 please?

UPDATE: Saw the other thread you participated in about aluminum bumpers and I see what bumpers you're referring to. While they look nice, you get what you pay for. I tried one of those and the quality is MUCH lower than the Sweet Armor. It is lighter, thinner, and scratches the GN2 easily. I believe in paying for quality if it can be had and the SA is worth it IMO.

No offense to those who bought the $10 eBay bumpers though. ;)

Last edited:

legionxx

Dec 11, 2011
Bandar Seri Begawan
I would love to buy several if they are of the same quality. Could you provide a link where these are available for $10 please?

UPDATE: Saw the other thread you participated in about aluminum bumpers and I see what bumpers you're referring to. While they look nice, you get what you pay for. I tried one of those and the quality is MUCH lower than the Sweet Armor. It is lighter, thinner, and scratches the GN2 easily. I believe in paying for quality if it can be had and the SA is worth it IMO.

No offense to those who bought the $10 eBay bumpers though. ;)

I had the SA on my SII, it was sweet but pricey. After I sold my SII to get the Note, I gave the $10 bumper a go for a cheaper bumper look. Unfortunately, it messed up my Note. Plastic started chipping off between the screen and bezel.

Cons: Flimsy built, one time it slipped about half a feet high (in account with the weight of phone). The frame wasn't in the best of shape anymore. Unsatisfying premium look, actually made my phone look cheap. Tight slider, which cause plastic area to chip off over time and possible scratches to screen protector or phone if your not careful.

Pros: Cheap, easily replaceable. (provided not parts/accessory of your phone that needs replacement caused by the bumper)

Imho, you get what you paid for and I paid more. But kudos to those who had no problem with their bumpers. On my Note II, It's just sad case if I had to go thru it again, that's why I'm going back to SA :cool:

Last edited:

acb77

May 1, 2011
I had one of my Galaxy S1. Well made piece of kit but I ultimately didnt like the feel in the hand and was dubious about the shock protection (on that version there were only a few little thin foam strips inside the bezel.

jlczl

Oct 22, 2005
not sure that it will work with Mugen battery. They have their own leather case for the 6400mah GN2 battery.
Check it here http://www.mugen-power-batteries.co...-samsung-galaxy-note-2-with-battery-door.html

Loodeytunes said it fits and will be posting pics.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Updated with silver carbon fiber and flygrip installed.

Just got my Zomgo bumper case and it fits just right. It's a little tight but it's much better than my EBAY special. :D Pics below...
    Here are some pics to show my setup which works great. MIME SP, ZOMGO gunmetal bumper, Anker battery, Gunmetal Carbon Fiber Look 3M Vinyl, Spiegen Home button.
    Sorry for the huge pictures... :(
    topside_zpsb0c90b1a.jpg

volumesidw_zps384d975e.jpg

Powerside_zps9fe4e03d.jpg

Front_zps0890786c.jpg

frontover_zpsa6c3886f.jpg

Bottomside_zps5cf21f5a.jpg

back_zps14fdc540.jpg
    It looks nice- though definitely a little pricey. Also looks a little bulky in the back? Maybe it's the images.
    Wow 70$. But i don't need an extra Note 2, I just want the bumper :p
    I've never heard of carbon fiber skin. Where can I order that? Can it be applied to an extended battery cover that has a hump (hyperion extended battery)?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

AFAIK, it's vinyl film not actual carbon fiber.

I found this site which appears to sell ehat the previous poster to you probably used.

http://www.carbonfiberfilm.com/blog/3m-carbon-fiber-di-noc-now-available-in-7-different-colors/

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2.x