Internet Explorer 10 Addons

Search This thread

yj121

Jul 10, 2012
Currently, I am using both Internet Explorer 10 (Metro) and Nightly(Desktop Application) (unofficial firefox 64-bit latest version). I love IE10 but the reason i stick to Nightly most of the time is because i can add custom addons - my favorite being Adblock. this is basically the only reason i use nightly. is there a similar adblock extension for IE10? if so, please instruct me on how to install it so i can just dedicate my entire internet usage to IE10. Additionally, is there any way that i can make the metro version of ie10 show up on the desktop?

Thanks

SixSixSevenSeven

Dec 26, 2012
you know nightly just refers to nightly builds, not just specifically firefox. Nightly builds exist for many software packages.

Metro IE on desktop, thats what desktop IE is for, they are the same render engine, just altered UI and more plugin support on desktop I think.

GoodDayToDie

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
There are several ad-blocking extensions for IE. a quick search on "ad block ie" turns up a few of them. Some of them use AdBlockPlus filter sets, so you can use the same filters you use in Firefox.

However, there's also IE's built-in Tracking Protection filter. While technically not intended first and foremost as an ad blocker, it does the job well enough. Several popular Tracking Protection Lists, or TPLs, are available. The maintainers of EasyList (probably the most popular ABP list) build their list as a TPL as well, and there are several others that are highly rated. TP isn't quite as feature-rish as a dedicated ad blocker - for example, it won't hide the space where the ad *would* have loaded, and while you can turn it off per-site, you can't turn it off per-element - but it's built in, fast, carries no risk of malware, and I believe it works in Metro mode (I wouldn't actually know; I have no use for such a crippled browser mode).

Reactions: yj121

yj121

Jul 10, 2012

There are several ad-blocking extensions for IE. a quick search on "ad block ie" turns up a few of them. Some of them use AdBlockPlus filter sets, so you can use the same filters you use in Firefox.

However, there's also IE's built-in Tracking Protection filter. While technically not intended first and foremost as an ad blocker, it does the job well enough. Several popular Tracking Protection Lists, or TPLs, are available. The maintainers of EasyList (probably the most popular ABP list) build their list as a TPL as well, and there are several others that are highly rated. TP isn't quite as feature-rish as a dedicated ad blocker - for example, it won't hide the space where the ad *would* have loaded, and while you can turn it off per-site, you can't turn it off per-element - but it's built in, fast, carries no risk of malware, and I believe it works in Metro mode (I wouldn't actually know; I have no use for such a crippled browser mode).

Thanks! I installed the Quero ie tpl to block ads and then on top of that i added the easylist tpl :D all ads are now blocked :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.