Safe for SIM to run both Sense and AOSP roms?

Search This thread

stewie3128

Dec 5, 2013
I've just been through a bit of an odyssey with my m7vzw, and all I wanted to do was increase the BT bitpool.

Previous smartphones were Droid A855 -> Nexus S 4G -> Galaxy S3 -> HTC One, all were rooted and flashed with something at one time or another.

Short story: Using CWM, I've flashed CM 10.2, CM 11, BoneStock, Ecliptic, and am currently on NuSense. These are all great roms. Somewhere along the way, I apparently fried my sim card, because I couldn't maintain an LTE connection for more than two minutes after reboot (in spite of setting the correct CDMA prefs). Got a new sim, and now all is well, but I'm back to the crummy bitpool on the Sense roms.

So:
-CM(AOSP): good bluetooth, bad cell signal.
-Sense roms: bad bluetooth, good cell signal.

...this seems to be the consensus, at least until KitKat 4.4 rolls out with the natively higher quality BT settings.

Here's what I'd like to know: I'm going on a multi-day roadtrip, and I'd like to have a high quality bluetooth connection for streaming music during the drive. From a not-destroying-my-sim-card standpoint, am I safe flashing CM 10.2 for the roadtrip (recognizing that the LTE/CDMA signal won't be as good as a Sense rom) and then going back to NuSense after the trip? Will I jeopardize my sim card again by flashing back and forth between backups?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

bhumberto18

Nov 6, 2013
You probably fried it on one of the older ecliptic roms. You're supposed to take out the Sims on his older ones. I've used all of the roms you're talking about and I've been fine. The two you want to use will not cause a problem

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

stewie3128

Dec 5, 2013
New Ecliptic 4.4 SIM safe?

You probably fried it on one of the older ecliptic roms. You're supposed to take out the Sims on his older ones. I've used all of the roms you're talking about and I've been fine. The two you want to use will not cause a problem

Fascinating.

Just noticed that Ecliptic has a Sense/4.4 rom out now, which would get me the best of both worlds. If I were to flash to the current Ecliptic, should I pull the sim before flashing just to be safe?

bhumberto18

Nov 6, 2013
No you don't have to do that. I flashed it two days ago and ever since version 4 you don't have to pull it anymore. Enjoy the kit kat!

andybones

Retired Forum Moderator / Inactive RD
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
I got lucky and hit #2 when activation started calling and all it did was update my PRL.

if you got to VZW store they replace SIm card for free, or u can call them and they will send you 1 for free.