[Q] Rcieved dock with issues, What to do now?

Search This thread

zabih107

Aug 11, 2012
howdy peeps,

I live in Canada and I just received my dock that I purchased from bestdirect.ca. As I opened the box right away I had a bad feeling as the date on the box said 2013.10 (supposedly defective models). it had the usual loose hinge and connection loss upon movement issues . Now, bestdirect.ca has a 15 day return for full refund (customer satisfaction or w.e) policy. What do you guys think I should do? Send for refund? replace with bestdirect? send to asus? What is the best approach for this? Im fairly new to RMA returning procces so I need some advice here. Also, Has anyone received dock with supposedly fixed models? has anyone received the 2013.11 and 2013.12 docks? If so, has the issues actually been fixed? please let us know. thanks for any help!

Snah001

Jun 3, 2006
Netherlands
I would recommend a swap for one that is from batch 2013.11 or later.
When that is not possible then send it back and get money returned.
Then order one later that has proven no problems.

Sent from my superfast Asus Infinity TF701with Dock

Aaroneious

howdy peeps,

I live in Canada and I just received my dock that I purchased from bestdirect.ca. As I opened the box right away I had a bad feeling as the date on the box said 2013.10 (supposedly defective models). it had the usual loose hinge and connection loss upon movement issues . Now, bestdirect.ca has a 15 day return for full refund (customer satisfaction or w.e) policy. What do you guys think I should do? Send for refund? replace with bestdirect? send to asus? What is the best approach for this? Im fairly new to RMA returning procces so I need some advice here. Also, Has anyone received dock with supposedly fixed models? has anyone received the 2013.11 and 2013.12 docks? If so, has the issues actually been fixed? please let us know. thanks for any help!

Personally, I'm waiting until we get verification that working docks are being produced, sold, and received by users before I order another one. Mine had problems and I sent it back to Amazon for a refund the very next day.

improvius

Nov 21, 2013
Personally, I'm waiting until we get verification that working docks are being produced, sold, and received by users before I order another one. Mine had problems and I sent it back to Amazon for a refund the very next day.

Yeah, this seems like the best option. Bail out until there's a verified solution. Prices will only go down over time, anyway.

zabih107

Aug 11, 2012
k then that seems to be the way to go. i will ask for the supposedly fixed batch docks, if they cant fulfill that then i will take refund and hold untill confirmed fixed units arrive. Although im still interested to know if anyone has the 2013.11 or 2013.12 batch dock, and if they has fixed the issue in that. other than that, thnx for all the help guys :good:

malos1984

Aug 19, 2011
k then that seems to be the way to go. i will ask for the supposedly fixed batch docks, if they cant fulfill that then i will take refund and hold until confirmed fixed units arrive. Although im still interested to know if anyone has the 2013.11 or 2013.12 batch dock, and if they has fixed the issue in that. other than that, thanx for all the help guys :good:

I have a 2013/09 and it has no issues a bit of movement but it has never lost connectivity

for those that say it will eventually break then fine let it as long as it happens in warranty at least then i will get a replaced dock likely that may not have these issues but i doubt much would change.

till then i`m happily using my tablet with no issues besides asus jp untimely release of 4.3 or better.

still waiting and confirmed not rolling out yet. in fact when speaking to asus about it they didn`t even know if a update was in the works typical call center shenanigans.

zabih107

Aug 11, 2012
See thats what i hate and really cant stand: the wiggling. its absolutely anoyying. i want it to be firm and sturdy with no movement at all, so as though it feels like a mini laptop. i also dont like the click buttons on the track pad. very stiff and hard to press. dammit asus....

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk 4

Snah001

Jun 3, 2006
Netherlands
See thats what i hate and really cant stand: the wiggling. its absolutely anoyying. i want it to be firm and sturdy with no movement at all, so as though it feels like a mini laptop. i also dont like the click buttons on the track pad. very stiff and hard to press. dammit asus....

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk 4

Well I hope that from builddate 2013.11 the flexing is much less.
But the quality of the dock can't compare with the quality of the TF700 dock. That was so much better. Sad but I rather pay Euro 50,- more for good quality then what they did now.