[Q] Will Nexus 5 bought in Google Play USA works in Netherlands (Europe) ??

Search This thread

raminjpr

Aug 15, 2013
Dear Nexus 5 Users,
I've been using HOX till this date and happy with it. My friends are coming from USA to Netherlands in another 4 weeks, so I've planned to upgrade my HOX to N5, when I've checked the price in Google play store USA, I saw it for just $400 for 32 gb model. It says the product is Unlocked, but when i was checking the sites for any compatibility issues when used in Europe (Netherlands), there has not been a clear answers given.

So, I'm sorry If my question sounded Dumb...kindly answer my question...

Will LTE work in Europe..??

I believe the google play store sells the unlocked model of nexus 5...also i believe it does support GSM Triband and I'm 95% confident that N5 bought in google play USA will work in Netherlands...but i believe N5 XDA users can confirm it...

samersh72

Nov 26, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
Dear Nexus 5 Users,
I've been using HOX till this date and happy with it. My friends are coming from USA to Netherlands in another 4 weeks, so I've planned to upgrade my HOX to N5, when I've checked the price in Google play store USA, I saw it for just $400 for 32 gb model. It says the product is Unlocked, but when i was checking the sites for any compatibility issues when used in Europe (Netherlands), there has not been a clear answers given.

I believe the google play store sells the unlocked model of nexus 5...also i believe it does support GSM Triband and I'm 95% confident that N5 bought in google play USA will work in Netherlands...but i believe N5 XDA users can confirm it...

i guess he will bring the D820 (North America model): GSM and 3G will work in Europe normally but not LTE(4G) because most of 4G operators in Europe use Band 3 (1800 MHZ) or 7 (2600 MHZ) or 20 (800 MHZ) and D820 does not support these bands as LTE (any way check on what band your operator provide the LTE) see here for band list http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_LTE_networks
if he can find the D821 version, then you will be able to use 4G in Europe for sure.

see here difference between D820 and D821 regarding 4G file:///C:/Users/Samer/Desktop/Differences%20between%20the%20two%20Nexus%205%20models,%20D820%20and%20D821.htm

Last edited:
Reactions: raminjpr

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Dear Nexus 5 Users,

i guess he will bring the D820 (North America model): GSM and 3G will work in Europe normally but not LTE(4G) because most of 4G operators in Europe use Band 3 (1800 MHZ) or 7 (2600 MHZ) or 20 (800 MHZ) and D820 does not support these bands as LTE (any way check on what band your operator provide the LTE) see here for band list http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_LTE_networks
    if he can find the D821 version, then you will be able to use 4G in Europe for sure.

see here difference between D820 and D821 regarding 4G file:///C:/Users/Samer/Desktop/Differences%20between%20the%20two%20Nexus%205%20models,%20D820%20and%20D821.htm