[Q] stuck at recovering error (solved)

Search This thread

thesmith

Jul 10, 2011
hello,

i made a stupid mistake with flashing a rom with my i9001
i "flashed" the rom at update with zip file instead of using odin.

the problem is that i cant use odin or kies (usb debugging proberbly is of).
cant get in the rom aswell.
i still have the standard recovery but the phone is unrooted!

could some one give me a solution, coz im stuck!

thanks in advance

Last edited:

xsenman

Apr 9, 2012
Philippines
hello,

i made a stupid mistake with flashing a rom with my i9001
i "flashed" the rom at update with zip file instead of using odin.

the problem is that i cant use odin or kies (usb debugging proberbly is of).
cant get in the rom aswell.
i still have the standard recovery but the phone is unrooted!

could some one give me a solution, coz im stuck!

thanks in advance

Download an i9001 CWM recovery, rename it as update.zip and flash using you 3e recovery, after that do not reboot but enter CWM recovery and try install a i9000 Custom ROM ( follow full flashing guide given by developer)

thesmith

Jul 10, 2011
But is this possible without being able to put the zip file of the cwm recovery into the internal memory of the phone?

xsenman

Apr 9, 2012
Philippines
But is this possible without being able to put the zip file of the cwm recovery into the internal memory of the phone?

sorry about that, my lack of thought, anyway the solution would be to get download mode, which can be done by using a USB JIG, either that or you have to use JTAG to flash direct to the board when download mode becomes impossible.

But First, why can't you get download mode? have you tried any of the options mentioned in MY Android Solutins, link below...since you say you have recovery mode, download mode should be good to go?. if its working, just follow the i9001 flashing guide mentioned in My Android solutions to flash a gingerbread ROM using Odin 4.43 with AriesVe.ops

Reactions: thesmith

thesmith

Jul 10, 2011
Booting in download mode on the phone is not a problem, the problem is that my pc doesn't reconize the phone (kies and odin)

ami007tumi009

Jun 7, 2013
csc shows unknown in my sII i9100g. can i flash a custom rom without any problem? like sony mobile if i flash 4.3 rom should i flash a kernel for particular rom?pls clarify.thanx in adv.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using xda premium

thesmith

Jul 10, 2011
i don't know what solution i need to do, when my phone is stuck at the samsung logo (for booting normaly, with samsung flashing in blue).
when i plug in the USB at that nmoment and start kies, kies says that i need to put the debuging usb option on, i can't do this because i can't get in the ROM.

what do i need to do??

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

EDIT:: i managed to install a CWM into the phone now i've got a new problem, it always boots into the CWM, how can i boot in the rom?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

sorry about that, my lack of thought, anyway the solution would be to get download mode, which can be done by using a USB JIG, either that or you have to use JTAG to flash direct to the board when download mode becomes impossible.

But First, why can't you get download mode? have you tried any of the options mentioned in MY Android Solutins, link below...since you say you have recovery mode, download mode should be good to go?. if its working, just follow the i9001 flashing guide mentioned in My Android solutions to flash a gingerbread ROM using Odin 4.43 with AriesVe.ops