[Q] GSM Unlocked/T Mobile Motomaker Firmware

Search This thread

Leetxjd

Nov 26, 2010
I plan to root my 32 GB Motomaker GSM Unlocked/Tmobile Moto X by downgrading to 4.2.2.

To do that I need the 4.2.2. firmware, but I don't know which firmware to use as I know there is a Tmobile 16GB phone.

Which firmware do I use? Is the firmware labeled TMobile the same as the GSM unlocked?

dray_jr

Jul 3, 2009
Fort Myers,FL
I plan to root my 32 GB Motomaker GSM Unlocked/Tmobile Moto X by downgrading to 4.2.2.

To do that I need the 4.2.2. firmware, but I don't know which firmware to use as I know there is a Tmobile 16GB phone.

Which firmware do I use? Is the firmware labeled TMobile the same as the GSM unlocked?

here is the firmware for the T-mobile phone

4.2.2 Post Camera Update
http://sbf.droid-developers.org/download.php?device=0&file=15

4.4 Update
http://sbf.droid-developers.org/download.php?device=0&file=2

those are the the two firmware files you need to root. Good luck and here is a guide to help you along
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2603358

Good luck and let me know if you have any issues

Jayrod1980

Feb 4, 2009
Far East
Stop stop. Don't do that. Just get the unlock code and unlock the boot loader. That way you can root and recover and not mess with exploits that can wreck your phone while the boot loader is locked.

If its unlocked you don't need to jump through those hoops. Simply flash twrp recovery and reboot system and it will install supersu.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

dray_jr

Jul 3, 2009
Fort Myers,FL
he is correct still use this guide but go down to the section about root with a unlocked bootloader. it will get you right threw it a lot easier and faster.

mmikeee

Jan 31, 2012
Thing with that is that it voids the warranty since he has the Moto maker version and not the dev

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Leetxjd

Nov 26, 2010
Root Without Unlock

Thing with that is that it voids the warranty since he has the Moto maker version and not the dev

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

You are right. I don't want to unlock the boot loader because of the warranty issue.

Following the process - although lengthy - will root without voiding the warranty.

-LeeTxJD

Jayrod1980

Feb 4, 2009
Far East
Catch 22 then... Because once you go 4.4.2 you won't be able to downgrade anyway. BTW, at least until recently, the phone comes with 4.2.2 and immediately updates to 4.4 so you shouldn't have to downgrade if you want to try all that. Here's the other thing you should know... You have 2 weeks to return of exchange the phone (30 days in California) from the day you got it. You unlock and root and do all that and find an issue you can return it regardless of have it replaced. I know because I had to do that... My moto maker x was also boot loader unlocked and I got my money back.
Its not all that likely you will get something wrong with the phone past the initial period but it's up to you. You are more likely to break the phone trying to root exploit than it breaking past 2 weeks out of warranty.

Sent from my XT1053 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

JoeSchmoe007

Mar 4, 2011
Catch 22 then... Because once you go 4.4.2 you won't be able to downgrade anyway. BTW, at least until recently, the phone comes with 4.2.2 and immediately updates to 4.4 so you shouldn't have to downgrade if you want to try all that. Here's the other thing you should know... You have 2 weeks to return of exchange the phone (30 days in California) from the day you got it. You unlock and root and do all that and find an issue you can return it regardless of have it replaced. I know because I had to do that... My moto maker x was also boot loader unlocked and I got my money back.
Its not all that likely you will get something wrong with the phone past the initial period but it's up to you. You are more likely to break the phone trying to root exploit than it breaking past 2 weeks out of warranty.

Sent from my XT1053 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

What if my phone is Developer Edition (GSM) - will I be able to downgrade from 4.4.2 to 4.2.2? I am willing to unlock bootloader and to root.

Groid

May 7, 2010
If you take the OTA to 4.4.2 you get the 30.B4 bootloader. From what I've read, you cannot go back to an earlier bootloader and earlier system versions will brick if attempting to use them with the 30.B4 bootloader. So no, I don't think you can revert to anything earlier if you get to 4.4.2. At least this is my understanding.