Factory Restore Question With Root

Search This thread

ScallywagginIT

Aug 14, 2011
Salt Lake City, UT
I just recently rooted my phone using the newest root method for the 98.30.1 build. The phone was rooted successfully, but for some reason now, the Google Play Services crashes occassionally with a message on the phone that it stopped responding. I was wondering if anyone else if experiencing any issues with Google Play Services. Although this started to happen shortly after I rooted my phone, I don't believe the issue is related and is most likely being caused by something else. Anyone have any insight or solution to this?

Also, I was wanting to restore my phone to factory default, but was wondering if after I restore the phone, will I need to rerun the root tool to re-root the phone and/or reinstall the SuperSU app? I was thinking that the su binary and busybox are stored on the /system partition, so they shouldn't be affected, but would I then just need to install the SuperSU app from the Play Store? I am wondering if I would need to re-run the root tool or just install SuperSU from the app store for the phone to be rooted properly after a factory restore. Thank you in advance

Last edited:

aviwdoowks

Sep 18, 2012
Have you tried a safe boot?

PM notification is not on by default, btw.

Last edited:

ScallywagginIT

Aug 14, 2011
Salt Lake City, UT
Have you tried a safe boot?

PM notification is not on by default, btw.

Thank you for the quick response. I haven't tried safe boot yet, but I will definitely try it. Right now, I wiped the cache partition via stock recovery and am seeing if Google Play Services crashes again.

If I do decide to do a factory reset. What are the steps I need to do to ensure I keep root or can root again? I wasn't sure if I just do a factory reset and rerun the root tool, or do I just factory reset and install SuperSU through Play Store, or do I need to user OTARootkeeper to temporarily unroot and then factory reset and restore root? Just cautious to not mess up my phone. Thanks for all your help!

Top Liked Posts