[Q] Can I install a higher version of android with safestrap?

Search This thread

XxSHaDoWxSLaYeRxX

Apr 26, 2012
Houston
www.ps3hax.net
Ok, so this safestrap thing is confusing me a bit. Currently, I am running Android 4.3 If I want to install a KitKat rom, would I have to update my phone to the newest AT&T build, or can I install the 4.4 rom onto my phone. Also, would I put it in a rom slot or could I install it in the Stock ROM slot?

Last edited:

Naddict

Nov 23, 2011
28.2S, 92.1W
thread cleaned...

keep it up ... and the members (who know who they are) will no longer be acting like this on this site...

Be nice, or get out...

muniz_ri

Jun 27, 2012
Ok, so this safestrap thing is confusing me a bit. Currently, I am running Android 4.3 If I want to install a KitKat rom, would I have to update my phone to the newest AT&T build, or can I install the 4.4 rom onto my phone. Also, would I put it in a rom slot or could I install it in the Stock ROM slot?

Yes, you can stay on MK2 base and flash 4.4 KK ROM's via SS. See post#108 in this thread for how to flash the the latest stock 4.4 ROM for our device: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2665336&page=11

Do not flash any files containing bootloaders. If you flash the NB1 bootloader you will be stuck and no longer able to go back to factory stack MK2.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts