[WIP][Legit] Sensible Gingerbread [Alpha] Not the Gum Drop Buttons 5/14

Search This thread

thoughtlesskyle

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 26, 2008
Outside of Philadelphia
I want to personally thank everyone who has helped make this a reality it has gone from a simple port to so much more

UPDATE 5/14
Fixes:
notification/charge lights
corrected the 6 signal bars and 3g/1x data
fixed the apns in frameworks

still being worked on:
correctly detect the carrier (sprint)
bluetooth
Camera (ours is being a bit tougher then the other rom ports)

UPDATE (this is directly from il duce post):

Thanks to thoughtlesskyle for the port
Thanks to nfinitefx45 for the fixes and updates
Thanks to s0be for the .35 kernel fork
Thanks to jasonmaloney for the download hosting

The /system partition runs at around 230 and the /cache partition runs around 10. FYI: nfinitefx45 built the mtdpartmap.txt "mtd 245 15" and FR-boot INTO the ROM.zip flash (version 1.5.3). IMPORTANT: this means you have enough room to flash other mods to /system, BUT you would need to flash FR-boot after that, as per firerat S.O.P. Also, this means if you change MTD it will be overwritten if/when you reflash the ROM. You should be well versed on firerat MTD before moving forward.

NEW to this version:
1) odexed system boots in about 2 minutes home screen load takes longer lol
2) "HTC likes" app works
3) "HTC hub" app works
4) bookmarks widget now available (from HTC hub)
5) CPU boots into ondemand 245-729
6) native USB & wireless tether work - sometimes disconnects or reboots
7) GPS works (nav app still fails due to 3D)
8) long press power does not show reboot menu - use "quickboot" app for now.
9) native email app doesn't work for pop accounts - use provider apps.
10) Boot animation back to stock for now.
11) recommended app "spare parts" = set window and transition anim. to FAST
12) the ROM.zip is now edify, and signed - thanks nfinitefx45

The "list" continued:

1) 3D textures still not working - do NOT update google maps to 5.4.0
2) bluetooth still not working.
3) wifi works, random "error" fixed by a reboot.
4) camera still not working - don't get your hopes up.
5) model says PG06100, but apps seem to read hero200.
6) PRI not working - shows "not ready"
7) network still "unknown" - shows "no service"
8) HTC widgets work (sometimes you need to install more than once).
9) data transfers on wifi sometimes fail, but work on 3G
10) random FC on blah.radio.blah - ignore

...there's probably more that I'm forgetting...

nfinitefx45 built this ROM from source and merged the working changes from the OP. He is also now working on a new RUU source build which was updated, hopefully it will fix *some* of the issues

how i got the initial release
-ran his rom through the android kitchen on my linux box
-this got it to boot but alot of items did not work
-flashed the rom then the .35 kernel immediately following then booted more functionality was restored
-next i made a nandroid of the rom with the .35 kernel
-moved the boot.img into the working folder along with the libs from the kernel zip
- made a build.prop edit so that its looking for cdma instead of GSM

How to install(might be a waste of time)
wipe ALL, flash FR-recovery, wipe ALL, reboot recovery, flash ROM, reboot. It is also recommended that you have an s-off bootloader, since FR is a recovery modification. It installed fine for the testers, so YMMV. But be warned, bricks are your fault, not someone elses Also, the CPU frequencies are now 245xxx (needs to be fixed, keep reading) - 729xxx (careful, some phones can only handle 691xxx). You need an overclock method (setCPU, overclock widget) to change the frequencies to 264xxx - 691xxx.

DOWNLOAD VERSION V 0.9.2 (update for v0.9)

Download ROM here V 0.9

Last edited:

Bierce22

Nov 10, 2010
canton ga
would it be easier porting sfm rom from the mt3g everything is pretty much finished from what i could tell.

btw that was a wildfire port as well

Bierce22

Nov 10, 2010
canton ga
i actually almost downloaded it for my old mt3g to see how good it was working but to me none of the sense ports on the mt3g were any good do to severe lag, and most of those were hero ports.

thoughtlesskyle

Nov 26, 2008
Outside of Philadelphia
i actually almost downloaded it for my old mt3g to see how good it was working but to me none of the sense ports on the mt3g were any good do to severe lag, and most of those were hero ports.

This one seems rather snappy just wifi doesnt work so it is rather useless to me its also why I don't have any screenies

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

Bierce22

Nov 10, 2010
canton ga
ah cool keep it going man ill be stoked to see this finished.

yea i stand corrected on my last 3 posts lol i thought that was a link to the wild fire again man i feel dumb now.

Last edited:

Bierce22

Nov 10, 2010
canton ga
damn right after i posted that thread about the rising number of noobs to im going to get flamed for this i know it lmao.

now thats what i call irony.

thoughtlesskyle

Nov 26, 2008
Outside of Philadelphia
damn right after i posted that thread about the rising number of noobs to im going to get flamed for this i know it lmao.

now thats what i call irony.

Haha its alright its not a huge part of the OP I just want to see if data actually connects or works at all outside of just getting network time since it constantly reads no service

Bierce22

Nov 10, 2010
canton ga
just finished downloading and going to flash but would you mind putting an alternative megaupload or mediafire link for somereason 4shared made me wait 3minutes before downloading using firefox.

Bierce22

Nov 10, 2010
canton ga
holy sweet mother of bejeevus this is smooth so far data works and wireless tether witch is what im using right now!! as for notfication leds and bluetooth do not work heres what i did.

first did a full wipe boot, data, cache, and dalvic.

second flashed the rom using the latest cmr from rom manager took awhile to copy all the files over.

took a few minutes to boot

3rd i went ahead and skiped sign in and turned off all the gps stuff

4th took awhile for sense to load but once it did its very smooth.

notes it says i have no service on the lock screen when clearly i do and i will test calls sms and mms in a few minutes.

Bierce22

Nov 10, 2010
canton ga
done a bit more testing google sign in works market browser and package installer all work fine. however portable hotspot ofcourse will not work internet sharing and wired tether from google code causes full reboots. as for sms and calls both seem to be working fine. im vary excited for the future of our heroes so far we have this aosp and hopefully ginger miui coming this is freakin awesome lol.

sorry for the rambling but im freakin stoked!!!

thoughtlesskyle

Nov 26, 2008
Outside of Philadelphia
done a bit more testing google sign in works market browser and package installer all work fine. however portable hotspot ofcourse will not work internet sharing and wired tether from google code causes full reboots. as for sms and calls both seem to be working fine. im vary excited for the future of our heroes so far we have this aosp and hopefully ginger miui coming this is freakin awesome lol.

sorry for the rambling but im freakin stoked!!!

Can you post some screenies, the sensors don't work so You will probably need to use the audio one or the timer but it should work

Reactions: il Duce

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I want to personally thank everyone who has helped make this a reality it has gone from a simple port to so much more

UPDATE 5/14
    Fixes:
    notification/charge lights
    corrected the 6 signal bars and 3g/1x data
    fixed the apns in frameworks

still being worked on:
    correctly detect the carrier (sprint)
    bluetooth
    Camera (ours is being a bit tougher then the other rom ports)

UPDATE (this is directly from il duce post):

Thanks to thoughtlesskyle for the port
    Thanks to nfinitefx45 for the fixes and updates
    Thanks to s0be for the .35 kernel fork
    Thanks to jasonmaloney for the download hosting

The /system partition runs at around 230 and the /cache partition runs around 10. FYI: nfinitefx45 built the mtdpartmap.txt "mtd 245 15" and FR-boot INTO the ROM.zip flash (version 1.5.3). IMPORTANT: this means you have enough room to flash other mods to /system, BUT you would need to flash FR-boot after that, as per firerat S.O.P. Also, this means if you change MTD it will be overwritten if/when you reflash the ROM. You should be well versed on firerat MTD before moving forward.

NEW to this version:
    1) odexed system boots in about 2 minutes home screen load takes longer lol
    2) "HTC likes" app works
    3) "HTC hub" app works
    4) bookmarks widget now available (from HTC hub)
    5) CPU boots into ondemand 245-729
    6) native USB & wireless tether work - sometimes disconnects or reboots
    7) GPS works (nav app still fails due to 3D)
    8) long press power does not show reboot menu - use "quickboot" app for now.
    9) native email app doesn't work for pop accounts - use provider apps.
    10) Boot animation back to stock for now.
    11) recommended app "spare parts" = set window and transition anim. to FAST
    12) the ROM.zip is now edify, and signed - thanks nfinitefx45

The "list" continued:

1) 3D textures still not working - do NOT update google maps to 5.4.0
    2) bluetooth still not working.
    3) wifi works, random "error" fixed by a reboot.
    4) camera still not working - don't get your hopes up.
    5) model says PG06100, but apps seem to read hero200.
    6) PRI not working - shows "not ready"
    7) network still "unknown" - shows "no service"
    8) HTC widgets work (sometimes you need to install more than once).
    9) data transfers on wifi sometimes fail, but work on 3G
    10) random FC on blah.radio.blah - ignore

...there's probably more that I'm forgetting...

nfinitefx45 built this ROM from source and merged the working changes from the OP. He is also now working on a new RUU source build which was updated, hopefully it will fix *some* of the issues

how i got the initial release
    -ran his rom through the android kitchen on my linux box
    -this got it to boot but alot of items did not work
    -flashed the rom then the .35 kernel immediately following then booted more functionality was restored
    -next i made a nandroid of the rom with the .35 kernel
    -moved the boot.img into the working folder along with the libs from the kernel zip
    - made a build.prop edit so that its looking for cdma instead of GSM

How to install(might be a waste of time)
    wipe ALL, flash FR-recovery, wipe ALL, reboot recovery, flash ROM, reboot. It is also recommended that you have an s-off bootloader, since FR is a recovery modification. It installed fine for the testers, so YMMV. But be warned, bricks are your fault, not someone elses Also, the CPU frequencies are now 245xxx (needs to be fixed, keep reading) - 729xxx (careful, some phones can only handle 691xxx). You need an overclock method (setCPU, overclock widget) to change the frequencies to 264xxx - 691xxx.

DOWNLOAD VERSION V 0.9.2 (update for v0.9)

Download ROM here V 0.9
    HOLY CRAP !!!!! I just got a PM from a dev who shall remain unnamed (but is a REAL sense dev:)) until he decides to come forward, here's *some* of that PM, and a FRAKKING LINK *****ES!!! I haven't flashed yet I'm waiting for the DL. I have no idea if you can flash over sense, someone should try, someone should wipe. Awesomesauce.

"If I am right this should correct several issues, should pickup the sprint networks better along with actually saying it is on sprint, possibly the gps should work. Wifi may need more tweaking. if you can get logcats I may be able to track down more issues.
    It is also possible it wont boot dew to the changes, logcat it if you can.
    I will dig out my old hero later this weekend if needed for more testing."

You guys here that, it might not boot, so be aware. LOGCAT THE BOOT!!! I can't at work, somebody better ! Also LOGCAT THE WIFI. I already found the codes in the log, but again, I'm at work.

#w00t

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8600289/gingersense0.5.zip

EDIT: somebody mirror that so we don't kill the dev's dropbox
    EDIT 2: it is NOT signed, so you MUST use CWM recovery...
    EDIT 3: md5 of the zip = e7b2c03d768b5ddfe2dad16a47abecda
    EDIT 4: somebody please verify that md5, thanks.
    EDIT 5: beware bad downloads, I pulled this on 3G...

il Duce, it is fine if you tell them it was me, just do me a favor and add a mirror for everyone else as this will kill my dropbox, lol
    I will probe around some more and see what we can do for the u.s. english at default and speed issues.
    and Hello everyone else......
    tomorrow I will post a update for this it has the apns fixed in the framework-res.apk and also an update to system.ui, this will correct the cdma 6 bar and the data 3g/1x issue.
    I am still hunting down the issues with the "incorrect CDMA Level!" as it seems this rom was really built for just the gsm wildfire. So I am trying to incorperate CDMA setting from the leaked GB for the EVO and the Kingdon which are sprint CDMA GB releases.
    So this is extremely time consuming and the reason you havent heard much from me.
    This is a simple request to please stop posting things that make changes for the sake of making changes, and provide clear definition and explanation of any changes so that they can be vetted by others in the community.

The boot.img that you posted is clearly not entirely aligned with "what the heroc needs", as it tries to work with things that do not exist on this ROM. What "the heroc needs" is thoughtfully and carefully designed and tested changes before posting. When someone posts "The Answer" without understanding what "The Problem" is, we are depending on chance and coincidence for our solutions. Some people know enough be careful and prudent, but others do not. Proliferating cruft is not really "sharing" and certainly not "caring".

It would also help the mood and tone of the community if you would not make claims that indicate that you have done what others couldn't, when there is no grounding or background for those claims.

Perhaps now that you no longer have a heroc you can refrain from posting "improvements" that are not.

When someone needs gas for their car, and you run up with a container you found in the garage that looks a bit like gas, and you tell them this is "the best gas ever", they may be disappointed to find out that it was really old cider. Particularly if they put it in their car.

I would explain what is not aligned with "what the heroc needs", but I am certain that your "Knowledge" already covers those areas.

To the rest of the community, I apologize for the interruption to meaningful conversation.

POSSIBLE BOOT TIME/MINOR LAG FIX

Note: This is still the OP's kernel, just changed things a bit (removed unnecessary things from init files, changed init files so that their contents are more along the lines of what the heroc needs).

(Worked for myself & Sharing is Caring)

Its pretty simple if you have a kitchen. Extract the boot.img then changed the led permissions a bit, bluetooth permissions, and the kernel's latency values to 0.6ms and 0.3ms.

I'd like to make it clear that the source of the changes came from cyanogenmod 7 official. The latencies values came from my knowledge of the linux kernel. I just posted something simple that I knew wouldn't cause any bootloops, fc's or any problem of some sort, that could help with getting LED's to work and bluetooth to work as well, IF AND ONLY IF when nfinitefx45, il Duce, and thoughtlesskyle couldn't get the LED & bluetooth working even if they did go through the long process of pushing and pulling different library & binary files. So I just eliminated the boot.img from being the source of the LED & Bluetooth not working. But not that I doubt they couldn't of figured that out themselves because they are more than fully capable of doing so and I have full faith that when sexiness gets here, you'll all be amazed. Once sexiness is here, please don't use that boot.img from before that is just for the time being. Just trying to and will help where I can in the heroc forums, I'll mostly be checking q n a every now and then, but other than that, I'm on the search for a new phone.

- Knowledge

... leave this thread to people who are trying to help further this ROM
    Just an update

Still fighting major CDMA issues witht he FULL version, havent quite figured out what has caused this butstill hunting it down.
    Definitely know that is is either in phone apk or framework.jar so I will eventually find it. I hope.
    Once this issue is fixed then I will have a few select tester run it first for any unknown bugs as I cant test everything as i dont have service on my hero.