Camera causing phone crash

Search This thread

n0manarmy

May 25, 2010
Nvidia Shield Tablet
Anyone else experiencing crashes when they use the camera app, finish what they're doing, close out, use the phone and then go back to the camera? Multiple times I've used it to snap photos and exit, then come back later to launch the camera app only to have it sit, with the icon lit blue and then crash the phone after 2-3 minutes of sitting

bitz_dv

Jul 21, 2010
Something similar happened within 1 hour of owning the phone for me, wife was testing out the camera and was not waiting for focus and kept tapping the shutter button, phone made the shutter sound in a continuous death loop for a few minutes and rebooted.

telemarketme

Sep 26, 2010
Yes, I have experienced a crash from the camera app too. Later, the camera had an error that wouldn't allow me to open the app at all. When I tried to open the camera it just kept displaying "Unable to initialize camera," it took a reboot to fix it. I think it was caused by opening the camera app and sleeping the phone then waking it a few times. Plus, the panorama function has failed me. It didn't crash the phone, but it just didn't work. Hopefully Motorola will address these bugs in the future but I won't be holding my breath.

JRowe47

Nov 11, 2009
Yeah, I've had to pull the battery out to get it to reboot. Pretty craptacular - can't wait for root on this baby :)

SS2006

Aug 23, 2008
London, Ontario
Happens here too
what a fail by moto how did they release this to the public
did anyone from the moto forum (matt) address this and anything else
phone is very buggy choppy and mine reboots alot too

elkay

Apr 6, 2005
github.com
Happens here too
what a fail by moto how did they release this to the public
did anyone from the moto forum (matt) address this and anything else
phone is very buggy choppy and mine reboots alot too

Yes, Matt admitted that the camera is being worked on by Moto and partners between the crashes and the blue tint problem.

spunker88

Sep 8, 2006
Upstate NY
Hopefully its only a software problem that can be corrected, the camera app definitely needs some work. Maybe a 3rd party app can help us in the mean time, anybody know anything that works?

Lars1967

Feb 28, 2011
Based on recommendations, I just got Camera360.

So far it seems to be working great!

spacecasespiff

Jun 27, 2010
This is something that we have to deal with when we buy a new phone. Yes sometimes the phones don't have big issues and sometimes they do. Its the curse of new phones. But im very hopefull that an update is right around the corner.

Sent from my DROID3 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's happened twice to me. Motorola has admitted the camera app has a bunch of problems that they're working on.