[XAP] BlueManager (previous name BluePhoto Beta)

Search This thread

navisluni

Mar 15, 2006
Torino
Hi all,
this is an application to transfer photo from your WP7 phone to a remote device or to receive photo from outside using OBEX OPP rules over Bluetooth.
It requires unlock device and it is based on DLLImport project.

At this stage application has been tested with photo exchange to a normal PC without problem.
Also receive photo from another phone (tested with Android and Symbian) seems to be ok.

Sending photo from WP7 to another phone seems to have some problems, but I've only tested it with an old 2.3.3 Android device and it is not enough to understand the real behaviour. I'd like to test with an ICS Android phone and/or Symbian to verify the functionality...

BluePhoto application is a photo viewer.
When you start the application you'll be ready to receive photo from external device.

You can also select a photo and decide to send it to a paired remote device.
To do that you have to choose remote device from paired bluetooth device list.
Attached images shows all the available commands.

Ciao

P.S1: remote devices have to be previously paired before exchanging file with your device.
P.S2: BluePhoto can handle files only when it is in foreground due to WP7 rules.
P.S3: photo are loaded and saved from Picture Hub.
P.S4: BluePhoto extends Photo Share contracts to be available directly from "Share" menu item of a picture.

Thanks to:
- Heathcliff74
- fiinix

UPDATE (30 08 2012):
BluePhoto 1.0.1:
- Improvements on transfer speed
- Improvements on photo loads on startup
- Added music MP3 transfer from Music Hub
- Minor changes

UPDATE (31 08 2012):
BluePhoto 1.0.1.1:
- Improvements on songs loading on startup
- Modify alghoritm to check MP3 file on WP7 device
- Minor changes
- Added ZIP file with 1.0.1.1 version source file solution.

UPDATE (02 09 2012):
BluePhoto 2.1.0 (modifications made by monotheist):
- Improvements on speed

UPDATE (03 09 2012):
BluePhoto 2.5.0 (modifications made by monotheist):
- Rewritten algorithm for MP3 search
- Introduced non latin chars support

UPDATE (07 09 2012):
BluePhoto 2.6.0 (modifications made by monotheist):
- Fixes on Music Loading and non latin characther recognition.

UPDATE (10 09 2012):
BlueManager 2.6.1
- Changed name from BluePhoto to BlueManager
- Added new functionality: Contact transfer (from and to the phone)
- Changed Picture layout: now 4 images in a row view is back
- Speed improvement on code

Attachments

• BluePhotoBeta_1011.xap
    339.8 KB · Views: 1,580
  • BluePhoto_1011_SRC.zip
    220 KB · Views: 1,292
  • BluePhotoBeta_2.1.xap
    346.8 KB · Views: 494
  • BluePhotoBeta_2.5.xap
    404.8 KB · Views: 534
  • BluePhotoBeta_2.6.xap
    403.9 KB · Views: 755
  • BlueManager_2.6.1.xap
    426 KB · Views: 9,152
Last edited:

ChrisKringel

Jan 6, 2009
Thanks for this application. I installed it on my dev unlocked Lumia 800. Here is what I found out so far:

Lumia 800 -> Android 2.3: won't work
Android 2.3 -> Lumia 800: won't work
(both times without any errors)

Lumia 800 -> Windows 8 (default Bluetooth stack): works fine, although the application reports "Error -2"
Windows 8 (default Bluetooth stack) -> Lumia 800: won't work, doesn't initiate a connection to the device

How to get it working (you don't need to pair the device):
1. Click on send file in Windows, a Windows will appear with nearby Bluetooth devices, yours won't show up
2. Navigate to the Bluetooth settings on your phone, your phone will now appear in the Device-Window on Windows 8. Wait until you see its name and select it. Uncheck secured connection
3. Click continue and select a file. Don't click send yet
4. Navigate back to BluePhoto
5. Click send on Windows 8

Nokia 6230 -> Lumia 800: works
The 6230 did not discover the Lumia, I had to go its Bluetooth settings and wait for it to show up in the 6230s list. The I switched back to BluePhoto and the transmission worked like a charm.

Lumia 800 -> Nokia 6230: works, although it finished again with "Error -2"

General feedback:
- The text is yellow. Would be better if the text is standard white (or black for white backgrounds)
- The icons on the buttons look a bit pixelated. Did you use the standard ones? You can open up blend to get a list of the icons that are delivered with the Windows Phone SDK. Also there are icons available here: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/metrostudio
- My screen timed out while sending the file and turned off. Would be cool if auto-standy was disabled by the app.

Last edited:

navisluni

Mar 15, 2006
Torino
Thanks for this application. I installed it on my dev unlocked Lumia 800. Here is what I found out so far:

Lumia 800 -> Android 2.3: won't work
Android 2.3 -> Lumia 800: won't work
(both times without any errors)

Lumia 800 -> Windows 8 (default Bluetooth stack): works fine, although the application reports "Error -2"
Windows 8 (default Bluetooth stack) -> Lumia 800: won' work, doesn't initiate a connection to the device

General feedback:
- The text is yellow. Would be better if the text is standard white (or black for white backgrounds)
- The icons on the buttons look a bit pixelated. Did you use the standard ones? You can open up blend to get a list of the icons that are delivered with the Windows Phone SDK. Also there are icons available here: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/metrostudio
- My screen timed out while sending the file and turned off. Would be cool if auto-standy was disabled by the app.

Thanks for feedback.

With 2.3.3 Android device I know the problem in sending file to Android.
But receiving file (from Android to WP7) should work, my LG Optimus 7 can receive files from 2.3.3 Android device.

In case Win8 -> Lumia 800: PC BT stack say something? On WP7 device appear something?

Yellow text means that application is in server receiving mode.
Other colors are: Red when BT is off or no connection has been started and Green when WP7 is sending file.

Reactions: Budniu

ChrisKringel

Jan 6, 2009
Thanks for feedback.

With 2.3.3 Android device I know the problem in sending file to Android.
But receiving file (from Android to WP7) should work, my LG Optimus 7 can receive files from 2.3.3 Android device.

In case Win8 -> Lumia 800: PC BT stack say something? On WP7 device appear something?

Yellow text means that application is in server receiving mode.
Other colors are: Red when BT is off or no connection has been started and Green when WP7 is sending file.

Thanks for your fast answer. I got the Win 8 -> Lumia 800 now figured out. I will do some more testing with the Android device and report back.

navisluni

Mar 15, 2006
Torino
Nice idea but not work (HTC Titan and Motorola Xoom ME with Android 3.2.2).

"Not work" is not useful feedback.

Have you tried to send photo from Titan to Android and viceversa?
Have you got some error messages?
Have you tried to transfer photo from WP7 to a PC?

In this phase I need to receive input to understand if there are some problem with specific device or there are some problem in the code.

BR

Budniu

Sep 21, 2008
Warsaw
encyklopediawindowsphone.pl
Ok man, I'm sorry :
Fro Titan to Motorola work good.
From Motorola to Titan work.
I have to restart devic. I have one question where is saved files on WP 7 ? I sent file from Motorola, process worked but I don't see the file in albums.

ChrisKringel

Jan 6, 2009
Ok, I was now able to receive a file from the android device. I paired the device from the Send-File dialog on android and then switched back to BluePhoto on my Lumia and it just worked :)

navisluni

Mar 15, 2006
Torino
Ok man, I'm sorry :
Fro Titan to Motorola work good.
From Motorola to Titan work.
I have to restart devic. I have one question where is saved files on WP 7 ? I sent file from Motorola, process worked but I don't see the file in albums.

Ah ok! :)

Photo will be saved on Picture Hub but only if they are JPEG.
Otherwise will not be possible to save because Picture Hub support only JPEG file.
You can try to see received photo using Picture Hub or using "reload" menu item on BluePhoto main page.

Thanks for your feedback!

BR

navisluni

Mar 15, 2006
Torino
Ok, I was now able to receive a file from the android device. I paired the device from the Send-File dialog on android and then switched back to BluePhoto on my Lumia and it just worked :)

Ok.

Now the situation should be the following:
- PC -> Lumia: Ok
- Lumia -> PC: Ok
- Old Nokia -> Lumia: Ok
- Lumia - Old Nokia: Ok
- Android -> Lumia: Ok
- Lumia -> Android: Ko

I'm right?

For "-2" error: I'm checking but it is an information from my lower layer and should not be useful in this situation

BR

ChrisKringel

Jan 6, 2009
Ok.

Now the situation should be the following:
- PC -> Lumia: Ok
- Lumia -> PC: Ok
- Old Nokia -> Lumia: Ok
- Lumia - Old Nokia: Ok
- Android -> Lumia: Ok
- Lumia -> Android: Ko

I'm right?

For "-2" error: I'm checking but it is an information from my lower layer and should not be useful in this situation

BR

Yes that is correct. I also tested only with Android 2.3.

navisluni

Mar 15, 2006
Torino
why will this be useful when u have the mms feature already?

Because transfer file over Bluetooth is useful in various situation, instead of using MMS feature.
When I want to exchange photo with others I'd like a pratical way to do that, as Bluetooth data exchange is.

In addition people usually have to pay to send a MMS.

navisluni

Mar 15, 2006
Torino
Do you want movie with my operations ? I sent file from Titan to Motorola and saved he in transfer folder, but when I sent file from Motorola to Titan, file doesn't in Photo Hub and saved in My Documents. I don't know why:confused:
BTW I wrote about your app on ma page: http://encyklopediawindowsphone.pl THX

If you can send me a Movie sould be useful to understand what happen :)
Thx, also for writing about this app ;)

Which Android version is installed on Motorola?

BR

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,
    this is an application to transfer photo from your WP7 phone to a remote device or to receive photo from outside using OBEX OPP rules over Bluetooth.
    It requires unlock device and it is based on DLLImport project.

At this stage application has been tested with photo exchange to a normal PC without problem.
    Also receive photo from another phone (tested with Android and Symbian) seems to be ok.

Sending photo from WP7 to another phone seems to have some problems, but I've only tested it with an old 2.3.3 Android device and it is not enough to understand the real behaviour. I'd like to test with an ICS Android phone and/or Symbian to verify the functionality...

BluePhoto application is a photo viewer.
    When you start the application you'll be ready to receive photo from external device.

You can also select a photo and decide to send it to a paired remote device.
    To do that you have to choose remote device from paired bluetooth device list.
    Attached images shows all the available commands.

Ciao

P.S1: remote devices have to be previously paired before exchanging file with your device.
    P.S2: BluePhoto can handle files only when it is in foreground due to WP7 rules.
    P.S3: photo are loaded and saved from Picture Hub.
    P.S4: BluePhoto extends Photo Share contracts to be available directly from "Share" menu item of a picture.

Thanks to:
    - Heathcliff74
    - fiinix

UPDATE (30 08 2012):
    BluePhoto 1.0.1:
    - Improvements on transfer speed
    - Improvements on photo loads on startup
    - Added music MP3 transfer from Music Hub
    - Minor changes

UPDATE (31 08 2012):
    BluePhoto 1.0.1.1:
    - Modify alghoritm to check MP3 file on WP7 device
    - Minor changes
    - Added ZIP file with 1.0.1.1 version source file solution.

UPDATE (02 09 2012):
    BluePhoto 2.1.0 (modifications made by monotheist):
    - Improvements on speed

UPDATE (03 09 2012):
    BluePhoto 2.5.0 (modifications made by monotheist):
    - Rewritten algorithm for MP3 search
    - Introduced non latin chars support

UPDATE (07 09 2012):
    BluePhoto 2.6.0 (modifications made by monotheist):
    - Fixes on Music Loading and non latin characther recognition.

UPDATE (10 09 2012):
    BlueManager 2.6.1
    - Changed name from BluePhoto to BlueManager
    - Added new functionality: Contact transfer (from and to the phone)
    - Changed Picture layout: now 4 images in a row view is back
    - Speed improvement on code
    I must thank you for your effort , but still does not show every thing ( Arabic Names ) with the latest xap 2.5 .

You are welcome, you can click the "Thanks" button if you like my work.

First , the loaded music count was 0 and then after maybe 1 minute or so it loaded 6 out of 200 that I have installed on my phone and then when I click on photo and then click back on audio , I have to wait the same time to see the 6 songs out of 200 that I have . so it doesn't load instantly like photos

I did more research on this, I have changed the algorithm even more now, i need your patience and testing effort for this.
    Download the attached XAP and deploy and let me know. This is just a test release, if it works then will upload the stable version to the first post in this thread.

Somethings which are fixed are.
    1) No more lag in scrolling now, it will be smooth
    2) New algo for search to find more songs
    3) Song list will not reload everytime.

Please test and let me know the results:eek:
    please , do your best to fix this issue .

thanks in advance

Dowload the latest xap 2.5

Edit: I made Arabic[And other languages] work, changed the algorithm completely and now almost all files should load without any problem.

Please download and test

Version 2.5
    New version of BluePhoto

I made a few changes to the Code to make the performance better and also try to load as many songs as possible. Please test it in various combinations and give feedback. :eek:

The app was originally made by navislun

Updated with Version 2.5, now more files will be loaded.

FINALLY added support for Non-English files. Tested with Arabic, I need people to test it with more languages. Need people to also test the file loading and give feedback. :D

navislun when you come online please post this XAP in the first post.

Please press "Thanks" button if this post helps you.
    @ navisluni

Thanks a lot for this great app , can you develop an app for the audio and video to be shared via bluetooth

I updated application with version 1.0.1 with capability to transfer MP3 file from Music Hub and some other changes.