[Q]TWRP update boots only in TWRP

Search This thread

b3ava

Jul 4, 2011
Hey I got a "system update" last night and once it was applied my gpad restarted in TWRP. It will not boot up into the OS.
I am running a rooted gpad with twerp and bone stock LG android(no custom rom of any sort)

I have looked into XDA and found similar threads but for the G2, to my understanding they are very similar in many ways but I would like to confirm that the solution I found is ok for the gpad or if there is another workaround:
If you have ADB access, plug in your phone and run this:

adb shell
dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fota of=/sdcard/fota-backup.img
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fota
Then you should be able to successfully reboot your phone via the TWRP menu option, or via a simple reboot command in adb.(<- what is the reboot command btw?:p)

It also gives a solution without ADB but it doesn't concern me. Does anyone know if this procedure can be followed for the Gpad as well? is there something that must be altered?

Thank you for your patience

Reactions: lallolu

b3ava

Jul 4, 2011
Will not hurt to try ;)
The comand is:

Adb reboot

Enviado do meu GT-I9300 através de Tapatalk

guess so, thing is I have no idea what this code means and if its device specific to the G2. Just in case this makes more of a mess. Also wondering if flashing a custom rom on top would fix it

SnowPluralism

Jan 11, 2012
Inside Your Mind
Thats no code thats only adb comands
U can try it with zero to no hurt

And yes flashing custom or even just wiping data would do the trick

Enviado do meu GT-I9300 através de Tapatalk

katsika

Oct 15, 2013
Athens
if you ve got official rom with root or custom recovery OTAs wont work and they ll semibrick the gpad like in your case. The safe methods i know is either using lg mobile support tool to go back to full stock or flash a custom rom via the twrp.

b3ava

Jul 4, 2011
if you ve got official rom with root or custom recovery OTAs wont work and they ll semibrick the gpad like in your case. The safe methods i know is either using lg mobile support tool to go back to full stock or flash a custom rom via the twrp.
Right cause I dont like the ADB method I have tried:
Factory reset-Didnt work
Full wipe (dalvic etc ) -Didnt work

Tried to install a stock based rom(forgot the name)-Did not work:eek:

I'll try 1 more rom and then if that doesnt work I'll try the ADB business and if that doesnt work try to revert back to bone stock

b3ava

Jul 4, 2011
okay guys this is getting frustrating nothing works.

I downloaded the drivers for the gpad again, and I tried to use the lg software to flash stock recovery, but it wont find my device. has anyone experienced something similar or knows how to resolve this its getting really frustrating.

Fbien

Feb 12, 2007
okay guys this is getting frustrating nothing works.
I downloaded the drivers for the gpad again, and I tried to use the lg software to flash stock recovery, but it wont find my device. has anyone experienced something similar or knows how to resolve this its getting really frustrating.

I needed to be in download mode to be reconized by LG Mobile Support Tool (I downloaded and installed different versions of LG Mobile drivers too many times before to do the the right thing)

To enter download mode :
1. Turn off the tablet. (from TWRP menu )
2. Push vol+ and vol- same time. (both buttons + don't relase)
3. Insert usb cable (both buttons still pressed)
4. A small image DOWNLOAD MODE not so visible should appear on the tablet
5. Release both buttons.

LG Mobile Support Tool reconized my tablet and I could start the recovery (still waiting 1.5Gb to be downloaded)

iruiz2

Jun 23, 2011
Hey I got a "system update" last night and once it was applied my gpad restarted in TWRP. It will not boot up into the OS.
I am running a rooted gpad with twerp and bone stock LG android(no custom rom of any sort)

I have looked into XDA and found similar threads but for the G2, to my understanding they are very similar in many ways but I would like to confirm that the solution I found is ok for the gpad or if there is another workaround:

adb shell
Then you should be able to successfully reboot your phone via the TWRP menu option, or via a simple reboot command in adb.(<- what is the reboot command btw?:p)

It also gives a solution without ADB but it doesn't concern me. Does anyone know if this procedure can be followed for the Gpad as well? is there something that must be altered?

It does work in the solution given without adb, from TWRP itself. Just tried it, no data loss, no computer needed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

adb shell