Audio recording problem with different apps

Search This thread

Lior84

Aug 2, 2010
Hi,
Trying to record an audio on my nexus (lecture for example) and having some issues with it.
I start record and then leave it with screen off for an about half hour or more (plenty of space for the file). when I start to listen to the audio that I recorded, the sound is not clear with gaps.
Checked the recorded audio on my PC also and still same result - awful sound with gaps.
It is not app related because I tried already 5 or more of them (apps that work great on my old HTC desire).
I'm using stock rom (4.4.2) with Franco kernel - without modifications to it.
Any suggestions ?

Lior84

Aug 2, 2010
So there is nothing to do for now? In my opinion it is something to do with noice cancellation algorithm.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda premium

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Best you can do for now is ensure the build.prop has the below entries

Persist.audio.fluence.voicecall=false
persist.audio.fluence.voicerec=false
persist.audio.fluence.speaker=false

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Lior84

Aug 2, 2010
Can you please write specific app that works?

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk

Sensamic

Jul 27, 2010
If its noise cancellation, no apps work

Most people believe its software, but I believe its hardware. Maybe the Nexus 5 has a very poor microphone.

If it was software it wouldn't make sense that Google takes 8 months to release a fix so...

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
If it was software it wouldn't make sense that Google takes 8 months to release a fix so...

1) phone hasn't even been out 4 months
2) they obviously didn't know the issue existed at release
3) what's your experience of writing noise cancellation algorithms that you know how long it takes?
4) if its "hardware", why has it taken "Google" as long as "8 months" to replace the microphone?
5) how come disabling the noise cancellation in build prop for phone calls removes the issue in phone calls if its hardware?

Believe what you want, but you have no more insight than anyone else and no evidence to suggest anything

Last edited:
Reactions: bblzd

Sensamic

Jul 27, 2010
3) what's your experience of writing noise cancellation algorithms that you know how long it takes?
4) if its "hardware", why has it taken "Google" as long as "8 months" to replace the microphone?
5) how come disabling the noise cancellation in build prop for phone calls removes the issue in phone calls if its hardware?

Believe what you want, but you have no more insight than anyone else and no evidence to suggest anything

You are trying too hard...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

The application of logic comes naturally to me. There was no trying involved

Great reply :good: