[Q] LG G2 802 stuck in TWRP - drives not installing

Search This thread

tariqsaleem

May 9, 2010
Hi,

I wiped my current rom in TWRP and something went wrong with the rom I was trying to install so I have a phone without an OS now (LG G2 802). Now I am stuck in TWRP. The backup for the phone is on my laptop but I cant seem to get my laptop to recognise the phone any more.

When I connect my phone to the laptop via USB it shows up in the device manager but with an exclamation mark. I've tried pointing to the LG folder under program files for the drives but for some reason they dont work and the device is still showing up with the yellow exclamation mark in the device manager. These drivers were working before this happened (I've connected the same phone to my laptop quite a few time before, including using ADB to root it earlier) so I don't know why this is happening.

Any help would be appreciated, I am completely lost right now.

Thanks...

linjes

Sep 15, 2013
You can use an otg cable with a thumb drive too.. The driver for this is under Google, see if you can find it. There was a guide somewhere but I've lost the location :/

*edit* FOUND IT
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2557248

Sent from my LG-D802 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

tariqsaleem

May 9, 2010
Got around it...phew!!

As it turned out I had a few issue, for anyone else in the same boat here is what I did to get my phone back up.

First, I cant thank Koush enough for his amazing work, after installing his universal adb drivers the laptop started recognizing the phone immediately (as to why it didnt with the official drivers, I have no idea).

The drives can be found here: http://koush.com/post/universal-adb-driver

Once the phone was recognized by the laptop I knew I had some hope, I tried to adb sideload a few roms but kept getting error messages. I looked up TWRP for the latest version 2.7 and updated to that from 2.6.3.2 and the Roms started working immediately. Now I am happily running the PAC KK rom :) (which by the way looks fantastic).

Hope this helps anyone else who is in the same boat.

Regards,
Tariq