Lenovo P780 not tunring on bricked dead not switching on not booting

Search This thread

dead soul

May 4, 2011
Hi

I have a lenovo P780 dual SIM phone puchased in India.

Im not sure if it was the 4/8GB model. This phone however had a Chineese bootloader.
The phone used to restart and hang randomly even during calls. now where i live there is no lenovo service center and my phone last night shutdown completely not even turing on anymore

When you insert USB cable/charger the phone shows a red LED light meaning it might be charging i think. I downloaded SP Flash Tool and read about what it is used for etc etc.

I cant get this phone to turn on. also i cant get it to be detected by my computer there is no USB connect / disconnect sounds when i plug it on my pc hence i dont believe the SP Tool can will be able to do any thing. and the bloody battery is non removable !!!

I installed the MTK65XX /6589 drivers by force on my system via device manager but still nothing is detected.

is there a way to jump start this phone or do some random combinations ? or ???????????

please help asap on what can be done to get this phone

Also i tried installed the drivers for MediaTek USB etc etc is this what im supposed to see on my device manager or is there something wrong ?? see attached pic.

Also the MediaTek PreLoader USB VCOM driver says "fails to start" and if i do an update on it it gives that error and disapears. is everything how its meant to be?

Attachments

• p780.jpg
    p780.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 2,951
Reactions: keelanRKOKID

soralz

Apr 6, 2013
Taipei
Hi

Im not sure if it was the 4/8GB model. This phone however had a Chineese bootloader.
The phone used to restart and hang randomly even during calls. now where i live there is no lenovo service center and my phone last night shutdown completely not even turing on anymore

When you insert USB cable/charger the phone shows a red LED light meaning it might be charging i think. I downloaded SP Flash Tool and read about what it is used for etc etc.

I cant get this phone to turn on. also i cant get it to be detected by my computer there is no USB connect / disconnect sounds when i plug it on my pc hence i dont believe the SP Tool can will be able to do any thing. and the bloody battery is non removable !!!

I installed the MTK65XX /6589 drivers by force on my system via device manager but still nothing is detected.

is there a way to jump start this phone or do some random combinations ? or ???????????

Also i tried installed the drivers for MediaTek USB etc etc is this what im supposed to see on my device manager or is there something wrong ?? see attached pic.

Also the MediaTek PreLoader USB VCOM driver says "fails to start" and if i do an update on it it gives that error and disapears. is everything how its meant to be?

Actually MTK device are nearly unbrickable. Last time my P780 flashing process was interrupted at the middle of flashing (PC hangs).My heartbeat stops at the moment but thank god my phone didn't brick.

Firstly, did you installed the correct drivers? If the LED still lit that means your phone haven't brick yet.

Download the drivers here and follow the instruction. This guide should help you fix your phone.
http://xdaforums.com/lenovo-p780/development/rom-lenovo-p780-pre-rooted-official-t2553725

dead soul

May 4, 2011
Actually MTK device are nearly unbrickable. Last time my P780 flashing process was interrupted at the middle of flashing (PC hangs).My heartbeat stops at the moment but thank god my phone didn't brick.

Firstly, did you installed the correct drivers? If the LED still lit that means your phone haven't brick yet.

Download the drivers here and follow the instruction. This guide should help you fix your phone.
http://xdaforums.com/lenovo-p780/development/rom-lenovo-p780-pre-rooted-official-t2553725

thanx for the response and the thread u pointed me to. but my phone doesnt even show on device manager and there is no any USB sounds like u know when u insert a USB flash drive u hear sounds? when i insert my phone no sounds. but only red led light of charging i think is showing. it is strange such a phone can just kill itself !! it was never dropped, inserted in water.. always was in good hands and even has a good cse + screen protector !!!

i will will format another PC and do everything driver installation from scratch. in the mean time let me know what else can be done cause i have done all in that thread u sent me.

thanx

stympy

Feb 15, 2010
Constanta
Lenovo P780
Samsung Galaxy A71
Hi

Ok... Lets try to help you.
First download the firmware from here:
http://xdaforums.com/lenovo-p780/development/life-0-7-8gb-lenovo-p780-t2738560
Step by step you wil do this:
>>>>> USE WINDOWS 7 FOR THIS TUTORIAL <<<<<<<<<<<
>>>>>>>>>>REMOVE THE USB CALBLE FROM PHONE! <<<<<<<<<<<<<
NOW:
- Unpack FlashTools, and Click on Flash_tool.exe
- Select a the MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc.txt in ROM from target_bin folder
- Wait file to be added into Flash Tool
- choose Option->USB Model,click USB Model SKIP THIS STEP IFF SELECTED
–> Choose Option->DA DownLoad All->Speed->High Speed, click High Speed
- Turn off your phone - skip this step is allready powered off

- "Press F9 (hit Download button)" OR " if upgrade ROM Firmware->Upgrade "
- and ONLY NOW connect your phone into the computer via USB data cable.
- The process will start and a red progress bar will appear after color purple, yellow.
- And green circles display
- Finish !

- You can now safely disconnect your phone and turn it on!

After this tell me iff something goes wrong !

dead soul

May 4, 2011
NOW:

- The process will start and a red progress bar will appear after color purple, yellow.
- Finish !

Thanx for the help, I will have to try this tomorrow as it's late ryte now.

However after leaving the phone untouched for 2 days or so I did do already what you said before but add this phone battery is non removable I pressed the small red reset button holding it with power button then plugged to laptop then only released the red reset button and hold the power button that's when it got detected and during this time the sp flash tool was already on with scatter file chosen etc etc and I had clicked the download button do it moved quickly with red bar then stopped didn't continue when I saw the error/error log something to do with time out so I think maybe the battery was low

So when flashing occurs in these phones do we need a charged battery or not?? As with other tutorials they say sometimes we have to remove and re insert the battery but my phone model battery is non removable..I'm planning to open it and disconnect and reconnect again

Leaving phone charge over night just incase.cause problem it just doesn't switch on.but red LED is showing when charger is connected

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

stympy

Feb 15, 2010
Constanta
Lenovo P780
Samsung Galaxy A71
Thanx for the help, I will have to try this tomorrow as it's late ryte now.

However after leaving the phone untouched for 2 days or so I did do already what you said before but add this phone battery is non removable I pressed the small red reset button holding it with power button then plugged to laptop then only released the red reset button and hold the power button that's when it got detected and during this time the sp flash tool was already on with scatter file chosen etc etc and I had clicked the download button do it moved quickly with red bar then stopped didn't continue when I saw the error/error log something to do with time out so I think maybe the battery was low

So when flashing occurs in these phones do we need a charged battery or not?? As with other tutorials they say sometimes we have to remove and re insert the battery but my phone model battery is non removable..I'm planning to open it and disconnect and reconnect again

Leaving phone charge over night just incase.cause problem it just doesn't switch on.but red LED is showing when charger is connected

OK. Let it charge to full. Then try again and tell me what is says.

dead soul

May 4, 2011
OK. Let it charge to full. Then try again and tell me what is says.

I fully charged it

- Not switching on
- Only red LED when charger connected
- connected to laptop on different USB ports not detected

- tried connecting with different combinations not detected by laptop
a4ydebes.jpg

But all drivers installed !

Battery is non removable !!!!

Any better ideas??

Last edited:

stympy

Feb 15, 2010
Constanta
Lenovo P780
Samsung Galaxy A71
I fully charged it

- Not switching on

a4ydebes.jpg

Any better ideas??

Lets try this:
1. Open the phone case
2. Insert the cable in the USB port
3. Open Flash Tool
4. Select dadl and all that then pres Upgrade
5. Now press the little red button from the back of the phone and wait about 20 seconds and something must goin on. Iff not point 6.
6. tell me what is going on!

dead soul

May 4, 2011
Lets try this:
1. Open the phone case
3. Open Flash Tool
5. Now press the little red button from the back of the phone and wait about 20 seconds and something must goin on. Iff not point 6.

I tried what you said and after fiddling for a while the phone managed to get detected by the SP Flash Tool then it got flashed by the SP Flash Tool for some reason a yellow circle came up and the USB seemed like it got disconnected automatically

i just left the machine and the phone+SP Flash tool as they are hoping to get that green circle.. bu nothing happen !!! phone is black screen just like dead... after fiddling again multiple times with key cobinations .. i managed to get it boot with the below procedure

pressed the small reset button, press both volume up and down + power button altogether then released the small red button for after maybe around 10 seconds and while the others are pressed !! then the phone booted !!

and ontop of that it booted with the lenovo logo and the slogan i believe "for thos who do" stayed for a while kinda flashing itself i think.. but no progress bar.. I almost thought i was on some boot loop maybe or soft brick but luckily it booted into the russian Life ROM I flashed after that phone went to homes screen and just died again !!!!!!!!!!!

im thinking maybe it may be a hardware issue?? or ??

Last edited:

stympy

Feb 15, 2010
Constanta
Lenovo P780
Samsung Galaxy A71
I tried what you said and after fiddling for a while the phone managed to get detected by the SP Flash Tool then it got flashed by the SP Flash Tool for some reason a yellow circle came up and the USB seemed like it got disconnected automatically

i just left the machine and the phone+SP Flash tool as they are hoping to get that green circle.. bu nothing happen !!! phone is black screen just like dead... after fiddling again multiple times with key cobinations .. i managed to get it boot with the below procedure

pressed the small reset button, press both volume up and down + power button altogether then released the small red button for after maybe around 10 seconds and while the others are pressed !! then the phone booted !!

and ontop of that it booted with the lenovo logo and the slogan i believe "for thos who do" stayed for a while kinda flashing itself i think.. but no progress bar.. I almost thought i was on some boot loop maybe or soft brick but luckily it booted into the russian Life ROM I flashed after that phone went to homes screen and just died again !!!!!!!!!!!

im thinking maybe it may be a hardware issue?? or ??

Hi ! When Life ROM is flashing, no progres barr appears. Did you tried to remain on Life rom ? At least for a week ? Before you go in a service store try to stay with Life and iff this bug appears again go to service store.

dead soul

May 4, 2011
Hi ! When Life ROM is flashing, no progres barr appears. Did you tried to remain on Life rom ? At least for a week ? Before you go in a service store try to stay with Life and iff this bug appears again go to service store.

I mean the ROM is still in there !! And the phone is just acting up again. Not booting..I think it's hardware. not software....,!! Will leave it for like a day or two and try booting it / flashing once more...oh and we have service centers my country where currently at

dead soul

May 4, 2011
Yes. Seems to me is a hardware problem. Please let me know what was the problem iff you go with the phone in service. Good luck.

Sent from my Lenovo P780 using XDA Free mobile app

Oh I meant to say we don't have a service center in my country...typo using Swype keyboard lol

dead soul

May 4, 2011
That's a big problem indeed. Try to contact the sales store. Maybe they can help you.

Sent from my Lenovo P780 using XDA Free mobile app

I opened the phone today removed the battery...plugged into laptop, then did various tricks of key combinations with and without the battery still phone seems dead !! I guess the owner will send the phone back to India for repairs...or where you from do they sell motherboards for this model? If Yes can you send me website link even if it's in your local language if available want to compare prices... will use Google translator to translate if not in English

stympy

Feb 15, 2010
Constanta
Lenovo P780
Samsung Galaxy A71
I opened the phone today removed the battery...plugged into laptop, then did various tricks of key combinations with and without the battery still phone seems dead !! I guess the owner will send the phone back to India for repairs...or where you from do they sell motherboards for this model? If Yes can you send me website link even if it's in your local language if available want to compare prices... will use Google translator to translate if not in English

Aliexpres.com

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2014
chittaranjan
Lets try this:
1. Open the phone case
3. Open Flash Tool

while trying to repartition MIUI v6 on my p780 it happened to me.
for once i thought it's gone :( "usb not recognised error, no device detected on sp flashtool" :crying:
but thanx to your reset button method :good:
m back again :cowboy::victory:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I fully charged it

- Not switching on

a4ydebes.jpg

Any better ideas??

Lets try this:
    1. Open the phone case
    3. Open Flash Tool
    Hi

Hi

thanx for the response and the thread u pointed me to. but my phone doesnt even show on device manager and there is no any USB sounds like u know when u insert a USB flash drive u hear sounds? when i insert my phone no sounds. but only red led light of charging i think is showing. it is strange such a phone can just kill itself !! it was never dropped, inserted in water.. always was in good hands and even has a good cse + screen protector !!!

i will will format another PC and do everything driver installation from scratch. in the mean time let me know what else can be done cause i have done all in that thread u sent me.

thanx
    Hi

NOW:

- Finish !